Which Coffee Maker Has Adjustable Water Temperature Control?
There are a number of coffee makers for home that offer you some type of temperature control for your coffee. You can either the ability to set the carafe temperature high or low, or maybe have the maker brew the coffee at higher temperature, but without any actual control of that temperature on your side. We did some research to find a coffee maker that allowed you to really adjust and control the water temperature of the coffee brewed, that’s when we came across the Brazen Plus coffee maker.
Brazen Plus Customizable Temperature Control Brew System:
The Brazen Plus is one of only 6 coffee makers that have been certified by the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America). Others include the Technivorm Moccamaster and Bonavita BV1800 which we’ve already featured on our site.
What Makes the Brazen Plus a Great Coffee Maker?
- Customizable temperature control: Set brewing temperature from 190F to 210F.
- Pre-soak setting: this allows the coffee ground to soak and bloom before brewing, which leads to a more flavorful pot of coffee.
- Coffee extraction: Showerhead and pulsing water flow allow the coffee ground to get fully saturated when brewing.
- Programmable coffee brewing time with timer.
- Thermal carafe.
Brazen Plus vs. Bonavita BV1800, What’s The Difference?
Both the Brazen Plus and Bonavita BV1800 have similar coffee brewing process: both feature showerhead water flow that completely and evenly saturate the beans, which results in exceptional coffee flavor. But here’s the difference between them:
- The Brazen Plus allows you to set the brewing temperature 190 to 210F, while the Bonavita brews at 200 to 205F, and it chooses the ideal temperature.
- The Brazen Plus has a pre-soak feature which allows soaks the coffee ground with a little water for it to bloom before brewing. This feature is not available in the Bonavita.
- Both coffee makers have 8-cup capacity.
Which of These Coffee Makers Should I Buy?
If your main requirement in a coffee maker is adjustable temperature control, then you’ll definitely want to go with the Brazen Plus. The pre-soak feature is also a great plus in it, it really does help provide a better cup of coffee. Other than these two features, the Bonavita would make an excellent choice as well.
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review