Last Updated: February 2020
When you hear the name Nespresso, you’ll always think of delicious coffee and convenience without compromising the high quality. Now imagine adding that to the power of a brand like Breville, which creates beautiful coffee machines that are both powerful and sleek yet affordable and easy to use for the home user.
And that’s exactly what Creatista is. A line of espresso machines by Breville, powered by Nespresso’s single-serve brewing technology, housed in a beautiful sleek design by Breville.
What Is Nespresso Creatista By Breville and What Does It Do?
Creatista takes your single serve brewer to the highest level, brining it closer to a traditional espresso machine’s experience, but without the mess or the learning curve required for you to get your drink right. Using an espresso machine like the Creatista, you’ll create any espresso drink just right from the first try.
Using other Nespresso OriginalLine machines, you’ll typically use an Aeroccino (or any electric milk frother) as part of preparing your latte or cappuccino. This is where the Creatista shines, instead of an electric frother, it uses a steam wand, which is usually only available on a traditional espresso maker. The steam wand allows you to professionally texture milk (as opposed to just foaming it up), which is more in line with what a cafe would serve you, and can be used to do professional latte art.
Sounds complicated? It really isn’t at all, just keep reading to find out how easily this works.
There are three models in the Creatista line:
- Nespresso Creatista
- Nespresso Creatista Plus
- and, Nespresso Creatista Uno.
Below, I’ll list the features of all these machines and how they compare to each other.
Nespresso Creatista Features and Specs:
- Pre-set coffee options: Ristretto, espresso, lungo, caffe latte, cappuccino and latte macchiato.
- Three programmable cup sizes: 0.84, 1.35 and 3.72 oz
- Select your drink from a colored digital display.
- Customize easy preset with your own choice of milk texture and temperature.
- Choose from 4 milk texture levels and 5 milk temperatures 55-76°C / 133-169°F.
- Steam wand with automatic auto-purge cleans itself after each use.
- ThermoJet heating element with fast 3 second heat up time.
- Water reservoir capacity: 50 oz
- Used capsule drawer capacity: 12
- Housing Material: Stainless steel with premium non-metal finish.
- Included accessories: Stainless steel milk just and a box of Nespresso capsules sample.
Nespresso Creatista Plus Features and Specs:
- Preset coffee drinks: Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo, Caffe Latte, Cappuccino and Latte Macchiato.
- Three programmable sizes: 0.84, 1.35 and 3.72 oz
- Colored display for controlling machine and customizing drinks.
- Choose from 8 milk texture levels and 11 milk temperatures.
- Programmable water hardness.
- Steam wand with auto-purge.
- ThermoJet heating with 3 seconds heat up time.
- Water reservoir capacity: 50 oz
- Used capsule drawer capacity: 12
- Housing: full stainless steel housing and finish.
- Included accessories: stainless steel Milk Jug and sample Nespresso capsules.
Features and Specs of Nespresso Creatista Uno:
- Three programmable sizes: 0.84, 1.35 oz and 3.72 oz.
- Manual button control panel (no digital display).
- Steam wand with auto purge.
- Choose from three milk textures and three milk temperatures.
- Heat up time of 3 seconds.
- Water reservoir capacity: 50 oz.
- Used capsule drawer: 12 capsules.
- Housing: plastic with some metal finishes.
- Includes a box of Nespresso capsules samples and a stainless steel jug.
Watch How It Works:
Nespresso Creatista vs. Creatista Plus vs. Creatista UNO, How Are They Different?
So now we’ve seen the features of each of these Creatista models, how do you choose the right one for you?
Here’s the good news, whichever model you choose, you’ll still get the steam wand, which is the major selling point in the Creatista. How are they different, then?
The main points in where they differ is:
- the selection of milk texture and milk temperature.
- Programmed coffee recipes
- The finishing material of the product
- and capacity.
Let’s start with the nearly identical Creatista and Creatista Plus, how are they different?
- The Creatista PLUS has 8 milk texture settings, 11 milk temperature settings while the Creatista has 4 milk texture settings and 5 milk temperature settings.
- Material wise, the Creatista PLUS has a full stainless steel construction while the Creatista mixes stainless steel with other premium non-metal materials.
- Otherwise, both models have the same coffee recipes programmed and ready to enjoy. Also both have the same colored display for easy control and customization of your drink. They capacity on both machines is 50 oz for the water reservoir and 12 for the used capsule drawer.
Now let’s get to the Creatista UNO, which is the entry level machine in this series and where you have to let go of few of the nice features in exchange of a more affordable price:
- The Creatista UNO doesn’t have programmed coffee recipes, instead you build your own recipe manually.
- It uses button controls instead of the colored display.
- Customization wise, you can select from 3 milk textures and 3 milk temperatures.
- The material of the Creatista UNO is non-metal.
- The capacity of the water reservoir and used capsule drawer is the same as other models: 50 oz and 12 capsules.
So the Creatista UNO is somewhat similar to the Creatista and Creatista Plus, but it lacks the premium feel and experience of them. With less premium finishing and less automation, you lose some of the luxury experience the Creatista Plus and Creatista offer, yet you can still achieve the same delicious coffee drinks.
Creatista Plus vs. Creatista PRO:
Before I get into the difference between the the Creatista Plus and Creatista Pro, it’s worth noting that as of writing (February 2020), the Pro model seems to be only available in Australia and listed as ‘coming soon’ in the UK. There’s no news on when this model will be available in the US.
So, what is the difference between Creatista Pro and Creatista plus?
- First thing you’ll notice is the updated design. Specifically, the design of the LCD display. The Pro version of the Creatista has a much larger display. But not only that, the display is now touchscreen, so it can be easily controlled with swipe action.
- The Creatista Pro has dual ThermoJet heating system which allows for incredibly fast heat up time, but also allows you to brew and steam milk at the same time.
- The Creatista Pro comes loaded with 8 drink presets. And when it comes to customization, there’s plenty to choose from: 7 coffee volumes, 7 hot water volumes, 11 milk temperatures and 8 milk froth levels.
Creatista Plus vs. Lattissima Pro, Are The Different?
The Lattissima Pro, which is made in collaboration with DeLonghi, has been the choice for automatic coffee preparation for a long time. With its bulit-in milk frother and touch screen display featuring pre-sets of many coffee drinks, it’s easy to think of it as competition to the Creatista model, but it’s not that close to it in features as you might think.
The first difference is the milk frother vs. the steam wand. On the Lattissima Pro, you have a milk frother that simply whisks and froths the milk then automatically adds it into the cup. On the other hand, the Creatista has a steam wand that’s more in line with what the professional espresso machines have. Steaming milk creates micro-foam texture which is what professional baristas do at coffee shops to create beautiful latte art.
The only customization option the Lattissima Pro offers is programing the coffee volume to adjust the milk to coffee ratio. Many customers have complained that the milk can be not hot enough to their taste. However, using the Creatista, you can choose from a variety of milk temperatures, that’s in addition to milk texture and coffee volume customizations. You can also save and name your customized recipe for later use.
When it comes to controlling your machine, the Lattissima Pro has a touch display. The Creatista has a lovely colored display that makes selecting and customizing your drinks a breeze.
Creatista Plus vs. Gran Lattissima, What’s Different?
The Gran Lattissima, much like the Lattissima Pro, has a built-in milk frother and preset coffee recipes. It has:
- 9 preset recipes: 6 milk- based recipes and 3 coffee recipes.
- 16 oz milk reservoir and 33 oz water reservoir.
- Preset recipes: Ristretto, Espresso, Lungo, Cappuccino, Latte Macchiato, Flat White, Caffè Latte, Hot Milk and Hot Foam
So the difference between the Creatista Plus and Gran Lattissima is the same as the difference with the Lattissima Pro: It all comes down the milk frother. Both Lattissimas use the same frother style, while the Creatista Plus has an actual steam wand that provides a much better result.
Nespresso Capsules Compatible with Nespresso Creatista:
The Creatista uses Nespresso OriginalLine capsules, which means, you’ll be able to buy capsules from Nespresso or Nespresso-compatible capsules from other brands. Here are some suggestions:
Nespersso OriginalLine Capsules:
Nespresso-Compatible Originalline Capsules: