Technivorm Moccamaster Comparison: What’s The Difference Between Each Model?
The Moccamaster is one of the SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) approved coffee maker that you can trust to make you the best coffee at the exact right temperature with the best flavor. When I came across Technivorm’s Moccamaster coffee makers, I was surprised to see a large number of models available. I immediately felt overwhelmed by the available choices, which has led me to research and write this post.
In This Post:
- Moccamaster Comparisons:
- Common Questions
- Video Reviews.
Technivorm Moccamaster Models:
Moccamaster is available in two series:
Series K, which includes models: KBT, KBGT, KBG…
Series C, which includes models: CDGT, CDG, CD and more.
The areas in which these models are different are:
- The body: Rectangular housing or Round housing (Aesthetic difference only)
- The type of brew basket: manual adjust drip sto, auto drip stop or no drip stop.
- The type of carafe: glass or thermal.
- The capacity: 10-oz (Cup-one), 1-liter (32oz/8-cup), 1.25-liter (40oz/10-cup), 1.8-liter (60oz/15-cup)
Main Features of Moccamaster Coffee Brewer (features included in all models):
- SCAA- certified coffee maker.
- Brews at an optimal hot water temperature of 196 to 205 F.
- Brews a full pot in 6 minutes.
- Each Moccamaster Brewer is handmade in Holland.
Also available to buy from: 1stInCoffee.com
Comparing Best Selling Moccamaster Models:
Moccamaster KB 741 vs. KBG 741, What’s The Difference?
- KB 741: Manual drip-stop.
- KBG 741: Auto drip-stop.
- Both models have a glass carafe with auto-off hot warming plate.
- Both are a 10-cup capacity.
- Moccamaster KBG 741 is available in 13 colors.
Moccamaster KBT vs. CDT:
- Both models have a manual drip-stop brew basket.
- Both models have thermal stainless steel carafes.
- CDT has a 15-cup capacity.
- KBT has a 10-cup capacity.
- The CDT features a round housing.
- The KBT features a rectangular housing.
- Carafe designs are slightly different since the CDT holds more volume than the KBT.
- KBT is available in polished silver or black.
Moccamaster CD Grand vs. CDT Grand:
- CD has an auto drip stop.
- CDT has a manual auto drip.
- CD has a glass carafe.
- CDT has a thermal carafe.
- Both have a 15-cup capacity.
Moccamaster Cup One:
- Single cup Pod free Coffee maker
- Easy use, one button Operation and 4 minute brew time
- Brews a 10 oz. cup of Coffee in 4 minutes
- Made with durable metal housings and BPA/BPS/bpf and phthalate free plastics
- Backed by a 5-year manufactuers warranty
If you want the great quality of a Moccamaster but in a compact size, the Cup One is an option. This is Moccamaster’s single-serve coffee maker with a capacity of 10 oz only. Built from the same durable materials of every Moccamaster, Cup One is a fuss-free coffee maker that makes one 10 oz cup of glorious coffee at a time using pre-immerision for that perfect bloom and natural pulse action for a full extraction.
Read More Comparisons:
Common Questions about Moccamaster Coffee Brewer:
– What Does Auto Drip-stop or Manual Drip-stop Mean?
When the brewer is done filling up the coffee pot with a fresh brew, as you move the pot, some coffee still remains in the spout or brew basket that continues to drip. A drip-stop feature is used to stop this dripping. When you go with a manual drip-stop, you have to flick a switch before you remove your carafe to stop any dripping, when you use an auto drip-stop, this is done automatically. On the manual option, it also allows you to control how long your coffee steeps before it goes down to the carafe, but if not watched correctly, it could overflow.
– Is The Stainless Steel Thermal Carafe Lined with Glass?
No, it’s double-stainless steel with no glass lining, which is comforting since glass-lined thermal carafes tend to shatter sometimes.
– What Kind of Filter Does Moccamaster Use?
Flat-bottom filters are used, paper filters are recommended over the use of permanent filters since mesh filters can retain oils and clog easily.
– Can I Brew Less Than The Full Capacity?
Yes, you can. You’ll find markings for making 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups. Some models lack these marks, but you can still brew less than full capacity.
– Does Moccamaster Have Auto-Start Feature?
No, none of the Moccamaster models has an auto start feature.
Watch Video Reviews:
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review