What Is a Conical Burr Grinder? And How Is It Different Than Other Coffee Grinders?
A conical burr grinder is different than other grinders in how it works and processes the beans. Pictured above is the blade of a conical burr grinder. The major difference in how it works is that a conical burr grinder works slowly in grinding the beans, which provides a more consistent grind. This allows to preserve the aromas and oils in the beans, and therefore, when brewing it, you get the most tasteful and aromatic cup of coffee.
Best Conical Burr Grinders You Can Buy For $200 and Less:
Buying a decent conical burr grinder can get expensive. We set the range at $200 and less because it will give you more options to choose from, buy you can still get a good entry level grinder for way less. However, please note that prices are subject to change by sellers of these grinders, so we can confirm that they are priced at $200 and less as for the time of writing this post, kindly check the price before your purchase.
Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee Bean Grinder:
- Conical burr grinder with 60 adjustable settings for any type of coffee brewing method, from french press, drip, pour over, espresso and more.
- Durable stainless steel burrs that minimize grinding heat.
- Precision electric timer allows you to set the grinding time in 0.2 second increments.
- 16 oz bean hopper capacity.
- LCD display makes it easy to adjust and program your settings.
- Portafilter holder makes it convenient to grind for espresso handsfree.
Read our comparison between Breville Smart Grinder Pro vs. Smart Grinder.
Click here to learn more about the Breville Smart Grinder Pro, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Baratza Encore Conical Burr Grinder:
- The Best entry-level grinder from leading brand Baratza.
- Commercial-grade conical burrs with 40 grind settings.
- Easily controlled by either using an on/off toggle or a pulse button.
- Bean hopper capacity: 8 ounces.
- Grounds bin capacity: 5 oz.
Click here to learn more about Baratza Encore, read the customer reviews and buy it.
DeLonghi Dedica Conical Burr Grinder:
- Sleek design with stainless steel housing and LCD display.
- Select from 18 grind settings.
- Easy markings on the grinder help you identify the best grind setting for your brewing method.
- Use the LCD display to choose cup numbers and brew strength to help you adjust your grind.
- Coffee ground can go into a bin or directly into the portafilter.
- Bean hopper has 14 oz capacity.
Click here to learn more about DeLonghi Dedica Conical Burr Grinder, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Bodum Bistro Electric Conical Burr Coffee Grinder:
- Modern design and available in black, orange, red, green and white to suit your kitchen.
- Fourteen grind settings to ensure grinds are at the consistency required, from coarse to fine.
- Borosilicate glass catcher and glass lid keeps the coffee grounds from bouncing around.
- The burr grinder is fully adjustable, delivering the proper grind for your personal brewing method.
- Timer and quick grind buttons allow you to set the exact amount of grinding needed.
- Capacity allows it to act as coffee bean storage, saving space.
Read our comparison between Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder vs. Breville Smart Grinder.
Click here to learn more about this Bodum grinder, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder:
- Small, convenient size, makes it ideal for storage and small everyday grinding needs.
- Sixteen grind settings to provide perfect consistency.
- Commercial grade conical burrs ensures maximum flavor.
- Container holds 8 ½ ounces, grounds container hold 4 ounces, perfect for home use.
- Built in timer can be set from 5 to 60 seconds.
- Cleaning brush and measuring scoop included.
Click here to learn more about the Capresso grinder, read the customer reviews and buy it.
Other Burr Grinder Comparisons:
- Comparison between Breville Smart Grinder vs Baratza Encore
- A comparison between Breville Smart Grinder vs Capresso’s Infinity
- The difference between Smart Grinder and Rancilio Rocky.
More general info about conical burr grinders: