The Breville Smart Grinder has been featured on our site many times before, being one of the best conical burr grinders out there. We compared it to many grinders in its categories like the Bodum Bistro Electric grinder, Baratza Encore or Capresso Infinity. This time, we will compare the Breville Smart Grinder to its own, upgraded version: The BCG800XL Smart Grinder vs. BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO.
Features of the Breville BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO:
- Stainless steel conical burrs that minimize grinding heat.
- 60 precise grind settings from very fine espresso to the coarse French Press setting.
- Precision Electronic Timer allows you to set and adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments.
- Holder allows you to directly grind into the portafilter.
- 16oz coffee bean hopper (nearly 500g) with airtight locking system.
Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder vs. BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO: What’s The Difference?
The biggest difference between the two grinders is the grind settings and the electronic timer which the new PRO version features.
- The BCG800XL Smart Grinder allows you to choose from 25 grind settings from fine to coarse.
- The BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO has 60 grind settings, which means it allows you to choose in-between settings from the most precise grind.
- The BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO has a Precision Electronic Timer that allows you to set it in 0.2 seconds increments, giving you the most consistent dose.
Apart from those features, the two grinders have the same beautiful and durable stainless steel construction, same bean hopper capacity and bean catcher.
Who Should Buy the BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO?
If you want total control over your grind, you’ll love the very precise settings the Smart Grinder Professional has to offer over the Smart Grinder. It is only slightly more expensive than the Smart Grinder, and it has many upgraded features that aren’t usually available for that price.