Baratza Sette 270 vs. 270W vs. Vario: Which Of These Grinders Should You Buy?
Features of the Baratza Sette 270:
- 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 3.5g to 5.5 g/sec. depending on the setting.
- LCD display allows you to dial in your settings.
- Three programmable buttons allow you to save your favorite and most frequently used settings.
- Grind adjustment perfect for every brewing method, from espresso to manual brewing.
- Macro adjust of 30 steps.
- Stepless micro adjust with 9 indicators. This allows you to fine-tune your grind settings for espresso.
- Sette 270 allows for minimal left-over ground in the grinder after use, which preserves freshness for next use.
- Convertible holder allows you to hold a portafilter, included ground bin, or a brewing tool like a V60, a Kalita dripper, a Clever dripper, an Aeropress… etc.
- Included ground bin made from anti-static plastic.
- Coffee hopper holds up to 300/400g of coffee (10 oz).
- Ground bin capacity: 160g (5.5g)
Baratza Sette 270 vs. 270W, What’s The Difference Between Them?
- The Baratza Sette 270W has everything the 270 has. But it has one extra feature: Weight-based dosing.
- The Baratza Sette 270W uses Acaia’s weighting technology to grind by weight directly into a portafilter. It also has Bluetooth capabilities that allows you to monitor and track your grind sessions, weight and settings.
Baratza Sette 270 vs. Vario, What’s The Difference?
- The Sette 270 gives you 30 adjustable settings from coarse to fine (Macro steps), then for micro adjustments, you get stepless adjustments. That means you pretty much get infinite steps to experiment with.
- Vario has 10 adjustments from coarse to fine and 23 macro steps, giving you a total of 230 grind settings.
Programmability & Controls:
- The Sette 270 has an LCD backlit display and buttons to help you dial in your settings. There are three programmable buttons to save your favorite settings. And it has a Stop, Play/Pause and Up/Down buttons.
- The Vario has a smaller display with no backlight. You get the same 3 programmable buttons to save your frequent settings. There’s also a Start/Stop buttons and Up/Down for grind time.
Bean Hopper Capacity:
- Sette 270: 10 oz
- Vario: 8 oz
- The Sette 270 has a built-in portafilter holder that is convertible and can be adjusted to hold a coffee brewing tool like a Hario V60, Clever Dripper, Kalita dripper an Aeropress and so.
- The Vario’s holder is designed to only hold a portafilter for hands-free espresso grinding.
- The Sette 270 has a more modern design that is new to Baratza. The design is inspired by its name, Sette, which means Seven in Italian. The profile of the Sette 270 is designed to look like the number 7.
- On the other hand, the Vario has the classic Baratza look. A nice thing about this classic look is that it’s easier to see the adjustable steps on it than on the new design of the Sette 270.
Baratza Sette 270W vs. Vario-W, What’s The Difference?
- The Sette 270W and Vario-W both use weight-based dosing. However, the weighting method is different in each model:
- The Sette 270W uses Acaia’s advanced technology, which is known for its Bluetooth electric scale. Sette 270W’s scale is also Bluetooth powered, and it allows you to monitor and log your weight and grind sessions.
- Vario-W has a built-in scale as well, and it allows you to do weight based dosing just like the Sette 270W. However, it lacks the Bluetooth capability.
Watch The Grinders in Action:
Unboxing and Setup of the Baratza Sette 270:
Review of Baratza Vario:
Was this post helpful?
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.
Powered by Pixelbart
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review