Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder vs. Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder
So far, we’ve compared Breville’s Smart Grinder to the Capresso Infinity, Rancilio Rocky and Baratza Encore. In this post, we’ll be adding one more grinder to the comparison list: the Bodum Bistro Conical Burr Grinder.
Breville Smart Grinder vs. Bodum Bistro Conical Burr Grinder, What’s The Difference?
|Title||Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black||Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder|
|Feature||Continuously adjustable with over 14 grind settings from coarse to fine|
Borosilicate glass catcher reduces static that causes jumping coffee grounds
Proven as the best way to grind coffee, the burr grinder is adjustable to deliver the proper grind for your favorite brewing method
Timed grinding feature and quick grind button let you set the exactly the amount of time you need to grind the proper amount of coffee
Available in black, orange, red, green, and white. Two year warranty on any defective electric unit with proof of purchase
|25 Grind Settings for french press, drip, percolator, and espresso coffee.|
Backlit LCD Screen clearly shows grind setting, number of cups or shots and customized grind amount.
Auto dosing system calibrates each adjusted dose
Bean Hopper with air tight lid and locking system for easy removal storage and transfer of coffee beans.
Accessories include two portafilter cradles, grind contanier and conical burr cleaning brush
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info|
While both are excellent conical burr grinders, the Breville Smart Grinder tops the Bodum Bistro with many advanced features:
- It has 25 grind settings vs. 14 settings available on the Bistro.
- It has a backlit LCD display that makes adjustment much easier.
- It features automatic dosing.
- It also features a cradle for hands-free direct to portafilter grinding.
But that’s not all, when it comes to design:
- It has a durable brushed stainless steel exterior, unlike Bodum’s plastic housing.
- The Breville has a 1 pound bean hopper capacity, which is about 450 grams. The Bodum has 220 grams capacity.
Should You Buy the Breville Smart Grinder or Bodum Bistro Conical Grinder?
Although we’ve mentioned that the Breville Smart Grinder has more features that sets it apart from the Bodum Bistro, that doesn’t necessarily mean it should be your purchase choice. The Bodum works just as good, but only lacks a few features, which you might not even need. Here are a few things to consider before buying:
- The Breville is actually a lot more expensive than the Bodum Bistro, nearly a $100 more. So your budget could play a huge role in your purchase.
- Which coffee brewing method do you use the most? Both grinders give you enough settings to use every brewing method under the sun. But for example, if you don’t use an Espresso machine, you won’t need many of the Fine and Extra Fine grind settings that the Breville offers.
- However, if you’re usually brewing a lot of coffee (12 cup capacity of example), the Breville will make a much better choice for you.
Watch How The Breville Smart Grinder Works:
Watch How The Bodum Bistro Conical Burr Grinder Works:
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers