Last Updated: JULY 2020
Keurig is making a great effort in modernizing the look and feel of their machine. It clearly shows in the design of the Keurig K-Mini Plus, just like it shows in the design of K-Elite and K-Select. The biggest difference here, why make a new machine? Is it any different or better than the old K-Mini (K15 or K10), and if you already have a K-Mini, should you upgrade to a new one? That’s what I’ll be answering in this post.
Features of the Keurig K-Mini Plus:
- The slimmest Keurig machine to date (as of writing), at 5″ wide only.
- The taller design now allows to place a travel mug up to 7″ tall when removing the drip tray.
- Brews four cup sizes: 6, 8, 10 and 12 oz.
- Strong brew option for brewing a bolder and stronger cup.
- Removable one cup reservoir is now easier to refill. You still have to refill only as much as you want to brew.
- Includes a 9-pod storage that fits right into your brewer. Perfect for using on the go.
- Compatible with all K-Cup pods, including refillable filters (sold separately).
- Available in different colors.
K-Mini Plus vs. K-Mini, What’s The Difference?
There’s a lot of added improvement to the K-Mini Plus over the K-Mini, for sure.
K-Mini Plus has the Strong Brew option which the K-Mini lacks. This button makes your coffee taste stronger by brewing it for a longer time.
Dimensions of the Machine:
K-Mini and K-Mini Plus both have the same dimensions of 12.1” High (16.8” high with handle open) x 4.5” Wide x 11.3” Deep. When they first came out, the K-Mini used to be slightly bigger in size but has now been redesigned to match the slim size of Mini Plus.
The K-Mini Plus still has a water tank similar to the K-Mini’s in the sense that you have to fill in a fresh cup at every brew and fill it up to the size of your choice. The difference is that on the K-Mini Plus, the tank is removable, which makes it easier to refill.
This is a nice addition to the K-Mini Plus. Since it’s quite compact in design, it’s actually also very portable. If you decide to take your machine on the go, you’ll find the 9-pod storage quite handy. It fits right into the machine when not in use (it goes where your cup is usually placed).
Keurig K-Mini vs. K-Slim, What’s The Difference?
- FITS ANYWHERE: Less than 5” wide, fits neatly on your countertop.
- MULTIPLE CUP WATER RESERVOIR: Removable 46 ounce reservoir lets you brew up to 4 cups before refilling. 8oz cup size
- 3 CUP SIZES: brew an 8, 10, or 12 ounce cup at the push of a button.
- FAST & FRESH BREWED: Delicious coffee made in minutes.
- TRAVEL MUG FRIENDLY: Removable drip tray accommodates travel mugs up to 7. 0” tall and holds a full accidental brew for easy cleanup.
The K-Slim is a great option for a Keurig that is almost as compact as the K-Mini, but instead of refilling the water tank with fresh water every time you brew, the K-Slim has a reservoir that holds up to 46 oz of water.
- It has three serving sizes: 8, 10 and 12 oz.
- Dimensions: 12.14″ H x 4.76″ W x 15.2″ D
Although the height and width of the machine is nearly the same as the K-Mini, it is deeper (due to having a reservoir at the back).
K-Slim does not have Strength Control (like the K-Mini Plus), and it’s only available in black.
Keurig K-Mini vs. K-Compact, What’s The Difference?
The K-Compact brewer looks quite similar to Keurig’s K-Classic brewer. The name Compact suggest that it is smaller in size, and that is correct. However, it is not as small as the K-Mini, but can be considered compact in comparison to other Keurig machines.
How is it different than Keurig K-Mini?
Dimension: that’s a good place to start…
- The K-Compact is 12.5” High x 8.2” Wide x 13.2” Deep.
- K-Mini and K-Mini Plus are 12.1” High x 4.5” Wide x 11.3” Deep
The K-Mini is smaller in width and depth but almost the same height as the K-Compact.
- K-Compact has a small 36 oz water reservoir. It is removable and easy to refill and clean.
- K-Mini, like the K-Mini Plus has a single-serve water tank. Which means you’ll have to add fresh water every time you brew a cup. The only difference is the K-Mini Plus has a removable tank.
- K-Compact brews sizes: 6, 8 and 10 oz.
- K-Mini brews sizes: 6, 8, 10 and 12 oz.
So while the K-Mini is the smallest K-Cup brewer, Keurig calls the K-Compact their smallest brewer with a water reservoir.
Who Should Buy the K-Mini Plus? Should You Upgrade Your Current K-Mini?
The Keurig K-Mini Plus is a great compact machine. It’s a great choice for a single or two users at most, the reason I say that is because it takes about 2 minutes to brew a cup, and you’ll have to fill it up at each brew. If a large family is going to use it, there’s going to be a long wait and lots of refilling to get every body their cup of jo’. For a larger family, I always recommend a larger Keurig like the K575 that can brew larger amounts faster.
It’s also the best option for someone who needs to save as much counter top space as possible. At 5″ wide, you don’t have to worry about K-Mini Plus taking space at all.
If this is going to be your first K-Mini, then by all means, go for it. But if you already have a K-Mini, should you upgrade to the new Mini Plus?
There’s three reasons to consider upgrading for:
- The 12 oz serving.
- The Strong Brew option,
- and the travel mug accommodation.
If none of these matter to you, then there’s no reason for an upgrade, your older K-Mini will be just as fine.
See the K-Mini Plus in Action:
See K-Compact in Action:
Using Reusable K-Cup Pods with the K-Mini and K-Mini Plus:
The K-Mini and K-Mini Plus use the same K-Cup pods as other Keurig brewers. So, any reusable pod filter compatible with Keurig brewes should work.
The quality of reusable filters will vary by brands. I always suggest you go for the official Universal filter by Keurig, but if you want to explore other options, make sure you go through the reviews made by customers who already tried the product.
Here are some top rated reusable K-Cup filter pods:
- Refillable coffee filters for Keurig models: B10,B30,B31,B40, B44, B50, B55, B60, B66, B70, B77, B77, B79, B100,B130,B135,B140,B145,B150,B200,K10, K45, K65,K75, K145. DOES NOT WORK for Keurig Cuisinart version and K155, K250(After 2016).
- Reusable coffee filters to replaces Keurig and all other reusable coffee filters for Keurig Home Single Cup Brewing Systems
- Compatible Keurig 1.0 & 2.0, K200(Before 2016)K300, K350, K360, K450, K460, K500, K550, K560,K575(Does Not Work with Keurig Mini)
- Use your own gourmet ground coffee in a Keurig brewer--Just fill the Reuseable filter with your favorite coffee and pop it into your brewer.....Just like regular k cups
- Simply fill with your favorite coffee or tea and brew. Rinse with water when finished
- SET OF 7 K-CUPS – Get a cup of coffee ready for yourself in a Reusable K Cup filter, transfer the coffee in another cup, wash the Keurig cup and prepare another flavour of a guest’s choice. Continue the process until you have satisfied the cravings of all the guests or family members with widely different choices. Or be smart & buy a set of 7 reusable k cups to prepare one cup (different coffees) after another, without the need for any transition or cleanups in between.
- COMPATIBILITY – GoodCups K-Cup filters are unconditionally compatible with Keurig Brewers and do not require any hacks. These are compatible with Keurig 2.0 and Keurig 1.0 Brewers: K10, K15, K40, K45, K50, K55, K60, K65, K70, K75, K79, K130, K140, K145, K150, K155, K200, K250, K300, K350, K400, K425, K450, K475, B31, B40, B44, B45, B50, B60, B65, B66, B70, B71, B76, B77, B79, B130, B140, B145, B150, B155, B3000SE, K-Duo, K-Classic, K-Elite, K-Select, K-Cafe, K-Compact, K-Slim.
- MICRO MESH TECHNOLOGY FOR SUPERIOR BREW – Our Keurig reusable k cup filters are made up of superior quality stainless steel micro-mesh which is engineered to ensure an optimum flow rate of water through the coffee – this helps extract maximum flavours from your coffee. Moreover, the food-grade stainless steel is non-reactive and doesn’t alter the taste or aroma of your expensive coffee in any way.
- DURABLE DESIGN THAT’S ECO-FRIENDLY – Goodcups Keurig 2.0 k cup reusable coffee filters are a far superior choice to paper filters as they do not have to be disposed of after every use and each Reusable k cup is expected to make thousands of coffees. This also means that our filters prove to be more cost-effective in the long run. Besides this, my reusable k cups have a unibody construction to ensure that the lid doesn’t break like the way it does in case of cheaper options.
- 100% RISK-FREE SATISFACTION GUARANTEE We offer you a 100% risk-free satisfaction guarantee to let you buy with confidence; no questions asked. However, we are quite sure that you will be super impressed with the functional effectiveness, quality, the ease with which the different flavours of coffee can be prepared one after another, and the breeze with which each filter can be cleaned.
- COMPATIBLE: K-Elite, K-Select, K-Classic, K-Slim, K-Mini, K-Mini Plus, K-Duo, K-Duo Plus, K-Duo Essentials, K-Cafe, K-Latte, Keurig Plus / 2.0 models
- COFFEE VARIETY: brew with your favorite gourmet ground coffee
- MULTIPLE BREW SIZES: includes two fill lines; optimized for cup and travel mug brew sizes
- EASY TO USE: fill to one of two fill lines then pop into your Keurig coffee maker
- EASY TO CLEAN: top rack dishwasher safe