Whether you already have a Keurig 2.0 or thinking about getting one, you’ll love the fact that it is able to make Strong coffee. But the question is, what does the ‘Strong’ setting really do?
Before we tell you, let’s quickly recap the features of the Keurig 2.0 Brewer:
- K-cup single serve brewer that can brew a single cup or a carafe.
- Advanced brewing system that automatically adjusts the brewer to the best setting for the pod you inserted by reading its bar code.
- Easy to use and navigate touch screen allows you to quickly customize your drink.
- Strength and temperature control.
- Brew different cup sizes, up to 12 oz.
- Carafe is included with some models.
- Includes a K-Cup and K-Carafe sample pods.
What Is The Strong Feature on a Keurig 2.0 Coffee Brewer?
As we just mentioned above, the Keurig 2.0 allows you to adjust temperature as well as strength of the coffee. But what does it really mean to increase to strength of a K-Cup pod? Since it’s an automatic machine and a pre-measured pod, it’s hard to understand how this feature works.
The Strong setting on your Keurig 2.0 makes the taste of your coffee stronger simply by increasing the time it takes to brew the coffee. On the regular setting, a cup will take less than a minute to brew. But when you choose Strong setting, it will increase the brew time to over 1 minute, which means the coffee ground steeps longer in water and therefore, you get a stronger tasting cup. To do this, the machine will release water in intervals instead of a stream to allow the ground to steep in water before it goes down to your cup.
Will this increase the amount of caffeine in your cup? No, since you’ll be using the same amount of coffee ground, the caffeine won’t increase. But the taste will certainly be bolder.
So there you have it! That’s basically how the Strong feature of Keurig 2.0 works.
Popular Posts About Keurig 2.0:
- Keurig 2.0 Review and full comparisons between all models.
- How Does Kuerig 2.0 Carafe Work?
- Should You Buy a Keurig or Keurig 2.0 Brewer?