Breville Bambino Plus vs. Infuser – Which Should You Buy?
When looking for an espresso machine that combines practicality, design as well as advancement, look no further than Breville’s espresso machines. The Australian brand is the maker of some of home barista’s favorite machines, like the Barista Express, The Infuser or the more high-end Oracle Touch.
Another machine that has been added to their line is the Breville Bambino Plus. An espresso machine that is compact in size yet packs the features you need to make an excellent cup of coffee without a lot of trouble.
The Breville Bambino Plus falls in the same price range as the Infuser (as of the time of writing – prices may change). So if you’re someone shopping based on a budget (and who isn’t), you might get confused over these two. That’s why we’re preparing this comparison post between the two models.
Breville Bambino Plus – Features and Specifications:
- Innovative thermojet heating system allows the machine to start up in as fast as 3 seconds.
- Automatic milk texturing – select the type of texture and the temperature of milk you want and the steam wand to achieve it for you fully automatically.
- 19 grams dose – the 54mm portafilter can now hold 19 grams of coffee for the perfect coffee flavor.
- Pre-infusion feature gradually increases the water pressure over the coffee ground to ensure full saturation before extraction.
- Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at the exact right temperature for the optimal extraction of flavor.
- Auto-purge function automatically purges the heat system after steaming to bring the machine back to the right temperature for next use.
- Water reservoir capacity: 64 oz.
- Controls: Button selection for single shot, double shot, steam, milk temperature and milk texture.
- Housing: stainless steel.
- Dimensions: 19.5 x 32 x 31 cm
- Power: 1600 Watts
54mm tamper, Razor Precision Dosing tool, stainless steel frothing jug, single and double shot filter baskets, cleaning tool and cleaning disc.
Breville The Infuser Espresso Machine – Features and Specifications:
- Prepare a single or double shot with pre-set buttons.
- You can reprogram volumes of each selection.
- Manual milk heating and texturing.
- Gauge on the front panel shows you when your machine is at its optimal temperature.
- Built-in tamper.
- Auto purge and pre-infusion functions.
- PID temperature control.
- Dedicated hot water spout.
- Water reservoir capacity: 61 oz.
- Controls: button controls for single shot, double shot, program and manual.
- Dial knob for steam.
- Dimensions: 25.7 x 31.2 x 33.4 cm
- Power: 1700 Watts.
- Housing: Stainless steel.
Razor Dose trimming tool, single and dual shot filter baskets, coffee scoop, stainless steel frothing jug, cleaning brush, tool and Allen key, water filter holder and water filter.
What Is The Difference Between Breville Bambino Plus vs. The Infuser?
|Title||Breville BES500BSS Bambino Plus Espresso Machine, Brushed Stainless Steel||Breville BES840XL the Infuser Espresso Machine|
|Feature||Automatic microfoam milk texturing: the automatic steam wand allows you to adjust the milk temperature and texture to suit your taste. Delivering Barista quality microfoam that enhances the flavor of the coffee and is essential for creating latte art|
Faster heat up time: innovative thermojet heating system achieves the optimum extraction temperature in 3 seconds. Ready to make your best coffee without the wait
19 grams dose for full flavor: achieve a consistent and balanced Espresso using the right amount of ground coffee. The 54mm porta-filter with 19 grams is the key for full flavor and café quality coffee
Low pressure pre-infusion: low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
Precise Espresso extraction: digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
Auto purge: automatically purging the heat system after steaming ensures your next Espresso is extracted at the right temperature
|Pre-infusion function applies low water pressure at the start of the extraction to gently expand grinds for an even extraction|
1600w thermocoil heating system with integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature
Auto purge function automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature
15 bar Italian pump provides complete volumetric control - preset, manual over-ride or re-programmable volumes
Accessories: single & dual wall filter baskets, coffee scoop, stainless steel jug, cleaning disc & tablets, cleaning tool, water filter with holder.
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info|
First thing to notice is the automation of the steaming wand. The Bambino Plus’s automatic wand heats and textures your milk automatically to your liking while The Infuser’s wand is fully manual. Which means you’ll have to practice your texturing skills and use a thermometer to monitor the temperature of the milk.
The Bambino Plus also has a rather impressive and quick heat up time of only 3 seconds! That’s insanely fast in comparison to The Infuser which should take about a minute or two.
The Infuser has a built-in dedicated hot water dispenser. Which should come quite useful when making an Americano. The Bambino Plus doesn’t have a hot water dispenser.
When in comes to size, the Bambino Plus very compact in comparison the the Infuser or even other Breville espresso machines. So if you don’t have enough counter top space, this will make a lot of difference to you.
If you want to prepare your coffee drinks manually, The Infuser has more room for that than the Bambino.
Which One Do You Pick? Breville Bambino Plus or Breville The Infuser?
It all comes down to whether or not you want your machine doing things for you automatically or would you prefer the manual work. When a machine like the Bambino Plus, you will probably come up with a great latte or cappuccino at first use because of: a better dose, automatic milk texturing and heating which can’t go wrong and preset volumes. All you have to do is practice your latte art for when you’re feeling super fancy.
On the other hand, The Infuser, while it offers some automatic features, like preset volumes, and a gauge that guides you on temperature settings, milk texturing and heating is still fully manual, which is the trickiest part. You’ll have to practice getting the milk texture right and monitoring the temperature of the milk as you heat it. If that sounds like something you want to do, then The Infuser would be a great pick for you for sure.
It’s important to note the difference is size between the two machines, though. The Infuser is not a huge machine. Yet, it’s quite big in comparison to the compact Bambino Plus. So make sure you measure your space if you’re purchasing a machine with not much counterspace available in your kitchen.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review