You might not recognize the name or looks of this coffee maker right away, it is definitely not as recognizable as other coffee maker brands that have been around for long years. Yet, the Bonavita coffee maker has been able to climb up the popularity ladder and is now one of the TOP RATED, TOP SELLING coffee makers!
So, what makes the Bonavita BV1800 one of the BEST coffee makers available? And should you buy it? Let’s have a look…
The Bonavita coffee maker was engineered in way that allows the machine to brew coffee in the freshest and most aromatic way. A mixture of the perfect water temperature, contact time and coffee saturation result in the most delicious brew of coffee you’ll ever make at home.
Features of the Bonavita BV1800:
- Brews up to 40 ounces of coffee (8-cups).
- Fast brew; brews 8 cups of coffee in 5 to 6 minutes.
- One of the few coffee makers that hold SCCA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) Certification for exceptional brewing.
- 1400W heater brings water to the perfect temperature.
- Precise water and coffee ground contact time.
- Optimal coffee extraction is ensured by specially designed shower head.
- Stainless steel thermal carafe keeps coffee hot for long hours. (also available in glass).
Why The Bonavita BV1800 Is One of The Best Coffee Makers Available?
Apart from its exceptional performance, there’s one reason why people are in love with this Bonavita coffee maker and that is its simplicity! This is a straight-forward machine that makes the best coffee ever. It does not have a ton of features that you’ll never use, it only has the features it needs to does its job in the best way possible. It has one of the best thermal carafes, lined with glass and topped with a lid that will keep your coffee hot for hours.
Should You Buy The Bonavita BV1800 Coffee Maker?
You should buy this machine if:
- You’re looking for a straight-forward coffee maker with exceptional results.
- If you want your coffee FRESH and HOT.
- If you want a quick machine. This one will have your brew ready at 5 to 6 minutes.
- An easy to clean and maintain coffee maker.
Any Cons to the Bonavita Coffee Maker?
We honestly couldn’t find any! If you’re someone who is looking for features like: brew pause, programmable settings and such, the lack of these features is considered a con, and we’d advice you have a look at these coffee makers with built-in burr grinders that have all those advanced features. Otherwise, this machine does EXACTLY what it says it does, and it does it very well.
Bonavita BV1800 vs. BV1800TH, Is There a Difference?
You might notice two models of the Bonavita: BV1800 and BV1800TH and wonder if there’s a difference between them. Technically, there isn’t any difference apart from the material used in the machines:
- The BV1800 has a glass carafe, and therefore features a burner. It also has a clear filter holder.
- The BV1800TH has a thermal carafe and no burner with a dark filter holder.
And that’s the ONLY difference. So your choice is simply between a glass carafe or thermal carafe, with a price difference of around $30.
Another comparison you should be reading is the Bonavita 1800 vs. 1900, click here to read it.
Want to know more about the Bonavita Coffee Maker? Click here for more info, and to read the customer reviews.
Bonavita Coffee Maker vs. Bodum Bistro Coffee Maker, Which Is Best?
The Bonavita is often compared to the Bodum Bistro coffee maker, as both are similar in the way they prepare coffee. The Bodum Bistro, although NOT SCCA certified like the Bonavita, features a similar shower-head for coffee saturation and a takes a pour-over method to coffee preparation. Here are some of Bodum’s Bistro features:
- 1450Watts heater.
- 40 oz water rank.
- Insulated coffee carafe.
- Titanium-plated, fine-meshed stainless steel filter.
- Brew temperature 202 to 204.
- Brewing process can be watched via the machine’s transparent back.
Watch how the Bodum Bistro Coffee Maker works:
How It’s Different from the Bonavita BV1800:
- Slightly higher wattage.
- Slightly higher brew temperature.
- Uses gold-tone filter instead of paper filter.
- as a plus, the design is more attractive.
Although the Bodum seems to have better elements, the Bonavita has received higher customer reviews constantly. Customers have reported that although it makes great coffee, the construction of the Bodum Bistro b. Pour-over coffee maker isn’t all that well. So we truly believe that the stainless steel construction of the Bonavita will offer more value than the Bodum.