Is There a Stainless Steel Coffee Maker With No Plastic Parts?
Many people search for a stainless steel coffee maker that doesn’t include any plastic parts, worrying about hot water coming in contact with those plastic parts might lead to an undesirable taste.
When searching for the term stainless steel coffee maker, you’ll probably come across two things:
- A regular plastic/stainless steel housing with vacuum stainless steel carafe.
- Or a full stainless steel body with a vacuum stainless steel carafe.
Here’s an example of a full stainless steel coffee maker:
The KRUPS KT600 Silver Art Collection: a full stainless steel body 10-cup coffee maker with stainless steel thermal carafe (which you can learn more about here).
Before you get too excited, this machine, and probably all machines, still have plastic interiors. Truth is, there are NO drip coffee makers that contain no plastic parts at all. So, what do you do if you want to produce coffee without using any plastic parts? You have a few options….
How To Make Coffee Without The Use of Any Plastic: (Alternative Coffee Brewing Methods)
Quick note: We get many emails telling us that some of the products recommended by us do contain plastic (as obvious from the photos). Well, yes, some products may contain plastic parts on their EXTERIOR. The plastic does NOT come in contact with hot water or coffee on the inside of the coffee maker, and that’s why we’ve qualified them as plastic-free coffee makers.
You can use a stovetop moka/coffee maker. They’re all stainless steel, no plastic parts at all. But of course, it’s pretty manual and no fancy features. See our favorite stainless steel stovetop coffee makers here.
Use a French press. It’s also very manual, but easy and quick to use. And most importantly, no plastic parts! Click here to see the best french press pots you can buy.
You can use a stainless steel coffee percolator which has no plastic parts in its interior at all (some plastic parts out the exterior). There’s an electric or stovetop option, it’s nice and quick, although the method itself is old, the new percolators have been updated to meet a modern user’s expectations.
A Chemex glass coffee maker, which is a manual drip coffee maker. Click here to learn more about the one pictured above.
Or you can use a ceramic drip pour-over coffee maker. Click here to learn more about the Hario ceramic dripper pictured above.
A Syphon Vacuum coffee maker is also an option, but requires some expertise.
As you can see, if you’d like your coffee without the use of plastic, you’ll have to go back to basics. We highly recommend a Hario Dripper or a French press as a fast and easy way to make delicious coffee, followed by the stovetop coffee maker and the percolators.
Best Stainless Steel Double Wall French Press With No Plastic Parts:
As we’ve already recommended french press as an alternative coffee brewing method, most press pots are made of glass with plastic exterior. Although that does not affect the taste of the coffee as the plastic does not come in contact with it, many people would still prefer that their pot does not include any plastic at all.
Why Choose a Stainless Steel French Press?
- a stainless steel french press is slightly more expensive than its glass/plastic counterpart, but it is more durable, it doesn’t scratch or break.
- It is double-walled, so it keeps your coffee hot for a longer period of time.
- It’s more stylish.
Here are our favorite stainless steel French Press Pots:
Frieling Polished Stainless French Press:
- Available in few sizes: 8 oz, 17 oz, 23 oz, 36 oz.
- Insulated interior – retains heat 4 times longer than a regular press.
- Mirror finished on the outside, brushed finish on the inside.
- Dishwasher safe.
Bodum Columbia 8-Cup Stainless-Steel Thermal Press Pot:
- 8 cup capacity thermal french press by Bodum. (available in other sizes)
- Double-walled insulated interior. Keeps coffee hot for 2 hours.
- Polished mirror finish exterior.
- Twist shut lid.
- Includes coffee scoop.
- Dishwasher safe.
Francois et Mimi Stainless Steel Double Wall French Coffee Press:
- Fully stainless steel, holds up to 36 oz.
- Double walled interior.
- Brushed stainless steel finish.
- Available in other sizes.
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review