Want your coffee ready in your travel mug and ready to go by the time you’re off to work? Lucky for you, there are coffee makers just for that! There are single-serve coffee makers that were built with the traveler in mind, so that they accommodate mugs as well travel mugs and do a single-serve of coffee every time.
Here’s the best pick…
This Hamilton Beach FlexBrew is as straightforward as a coffee maker can be. No programmability, not many options, just a simple Brew button that delivers delicious coffee.
- You can use your favorite coffee ground or use the adapter to brew your favorite K-Cup pod, which can be a coffee pod, or anything else you might like.
- The maximum size you can brew is 10 oz for a K-Cup pod or a 14 oz for ground coffee.
- Like your coffee bolder? you can use the Bold option for that.
- The machine includes two things: a reusable grounds basket and a the K-Cup pod adapter.
This machine does NOT include a travel mug.
Note that the machine in the video might look slightly different, this is because it’s the older version. The design of the machine has been updated since, but both work exactly the same.
Second Best is…
KRUPS’ Simply Brew to Go is a one-touch coffee maker. Simply fill the basket with your favorite ground coffee and hit the Start button for your coffee to start brewing.
- If you want to use K-Cup pods, then this isn’t for you, as it uses ground coffee only. It includes a permanent coffee filter.
- The compact design of the coffee maker makes it great to put anywhere, a kitchen, an office or a dorm.
- The maximum serving size is 12 oz. You can brew into smaller mugs, too. But the machine does not include a cup tray, which isn’t entirely bad, but some splashing can occur.
- You’ll receive a 12 oz insulated stainless steel travel mug with this brewer. If you’re using your own travel mug, make sure it is not taller than 7″ so it can fit.
Is The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Better Than Krups? Which One To Buy?
When it comes to the quality of the coffee brew, you should expect the same from both coffee makers. But here’s why we made the Hamilton Beach our first pick over the KRUPS…
The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew is more versatile as it can brew both ground coffee and pods. Being able to brew pods means you can use the machine to brew more than just coffee.
The FlexBrew has a ‘Bold’ brew option. It also has a cup tray which is nice to have for regular mugs.
On the other hand,
The KRUPS Simply Brew to Go comes with an insulated travel mug. Although don’t expect the best insulation from it. But it’s certainly a nice addition to your purchase.
Which one to pick would rely on what you really need. If you don’t need the pod option, and feel like you would benefit for the travel mug included, then the KRUPS would be your best pick. Otherwise, go for the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew.