Bonvativa BV1500TS vs. TD, What’s The Difference and Which Is Best?
We’ve written a lot about Bonavita’s popular coffee makers models BV1800 and BV1900. Today, we’re coving another version of the famous Bonavita, the BV1500.
Features of the Bonavita BV1500:
- 5-cup capacity, 5 oz per cup.
- Coffee maker replicates the process of pour-over automatically.
- Optional Pre-infusion mode saturates coffee ground to bloom (degas) and extracts more flavor.
- Heater maintains water at optimal brewing temperature of 195F to 205F
- Specially designed showerhead allows for ideal extraction in small batches.
- Includes a thermal, stainless steel lined carafe.
The Bonavita is available in two models: BV1500TS and BV1500TD.
Also available to buy from: 1stInCoffee.com
What Is The Difference Between BV1500TS vs. BV1500TD?
There’s one major difference between the TS and TD models, which not only makes a difference between these two, but also other Bonavita brewers.
The BV1500TD has a digital display with programmable auto-start timer. This isn’t available in the BV1500TS or BV1800 and BV1900.
Who Should Buy the Bonavita BV1500?
The BV1500 was created as an alternative to the larger 8-cup models, the BV1800 and BV1900. As the Bonavita requires you to brew a full carafe each time, if you’re a single user, or prefer to brew a small batch at a time, the 5-cup BV1500 is the best choice for you. Although labeled as 5-cup, in reality, as most of us use large cups, a full carafe would provide you with 2 to 3 full size mugs.
Does Bonavita Make a 10-cup or 12-cup Coffee Maker?
No, as of now (2016) it doesn’t. The largest capacity is 8-cups and it’s available in the BV1800 and BV1900 models.
Watch How It Works:
Bonavita Comparisons Worth Reading:
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review