The Bonavita coffee maker is one of few SCAA (Specialty Coffee Association of America) approved brewers for home. It provides you with excellent coffee at the most optimal temperature. We’ve reviewed the Bonavita BV1800 before, but today, we’re looking at the newer version: BV1900, and we’ll look at the differences between them.
Features of the Bonavita BV1900TS Coffee Maker:
- 8-cup brewing capacity.
- Optional Pre-infusion function soaks up your coffee ground before brewing to de-gas it for the best flavor.
- Showerhead completely saturates coffee for a full and even extraction.
- Double-walled stainless steel thermal carafe.
- 1500-watts power.
- Maintains optimal brewing temperature of 195°-205°F (91°-96°C)
- All plastic parts in the machine including: carafe lid, showerhead and filter basket are BPA-free and dishwasher safe.
Also available to buy from: 1stInCoffee.com
What Is The Difference Between Bonavita BV1900 vs. BV18000?[apc id=”37″]
- BV1900: 1500-watts
- BV1800: 1400-watts
- BV1900: Stainless steel lined thermal carafe.
- BV1800: Glass lined Stainless steel thermal carafe.
- BV1900: Flat bottomed basket provides a better and more even extraction.
- BV1800: V-shaped basket.
Which One To Buy?
The BV1900 is an improvement over the BV1800. The redesigned brew basket on the BV1900 will provide you with a better, less bitter and less acidic coffee. It’s also easier to clean than the V-shaped, which could have some beans stuck to it. The stainless steel lined carafe is definitely considered a big improvement from the glass lined one on the BV1800. The glass lined carafe had the risk of imploding at times, either due to user error (either shocking the carafe with cold water while still hot), or for apparent reason at time. The stainless steel lined carafe with the BV1900 model doesn’t have this issue. Although, the BV1800 is available with a stainless steel lined carafe instead of the glass lined.
Overall, we do recommend the BV1900 over the BV1800 for its many improvements.