Which Are The Best Single-Serve and Full Pot (Dual) Coffee Makers To Buy?
A coffee maker that makes both single serve and carafe servings, also known as a 2-way coffee maker or a dual coffee maker, is a very convenient choice for anyone looking for the best of two worlds. Lucky for anyone who’s looking for this type of coffee maker, many choices are available. You can get a two-way coffee maker that uses ground coffee, coffee pods, or both. Even a coffee maker with built-in grinder that does both a single cup and carafe serving is available. All which we will be listing below.
What To Consider Before Choosing a Single Serve and Carafe Dual Coffee Maker:
- Do you want to use ground coffee or single serve pods? There are brands that use both and others that rely on pods only.
- Cup sizes: many people want to brew right into a travel mug when choosing the single serve option. If that’s something you want, make sure the coffee maker you’re buying can accommodate a travel mug and support this brewing size.
Best Rated 2-Way Single Serve and Carafe Coffee Makers:
Keurig K-Duo Single-Serve and 12-Cup Coffee Maker:
- For the first time ever, Keurig is introducing a coffee maker that is compatible with both K-Cup pod and ground coffee!
- Multi-serve coffee maker that has to compartments, one for using K-Cup pods and another for carafe brewing using ground coffee.
- Brew carafe sizes: 6, 8, 10 and 12 cups.
- Brew single cup sizes: 6, 8, 10 and 12 oz.
- Large 60oz water reservoir that is shared between the two sides of single-serve and carafe brewing.
- Strong Brew option for single cup brewing.
- Programmable auto brew for carafe brewing. Program your machine to brew a carafe up to 24 hours in advance.
- Includes a 12-cup glass carafe.
Hamilton Beach Flex Brew 2-Way Coffee Maker:
- coffee maker with two brewing spouts: one for carafe and another for single serve.
- Single serve side can accommodate a travel mug up to 8” tall.
- Carafe side features auto on/off.
- Brew single serve cups using ground coffee or K-Cup pods.
- Brew up to 10 oz using K-Cups or up to 14 oz using ground coffee. (for single serve side).
- Choose from 2 strength settings.
- Uses two separate reservoirs for each side.
- Automatically pausing brewing when you remove the carafe.
- Carafe capacity: 12-cups.
Common Questions about Hamilton Beach Flex Brew:
Will K-Cups Work in Hamilton Beach? What Kind?
Yes, in the Hamilton Beach Flex Brew pictured above, you can use K-Cup pods, either old or branded type. The adapter needed to use K-cups is included with the machine. Your other option would be to use the second included basket for ground coffee.
Can I Use a Reusable Filter or Paper Filter?
Both filters can be used, the choice is all yours!
Cuisinart SS-15 12-cup Coffee Maker and Single Cup Brewer:
- Fully programmable coffee maker with 12-cup glass carafe.
- Single-serve side brews sizes: 6 oz, 8 oz and 10 oz.
- Single serve can brew ground coffee or K-Cup pods.
- Programs include auto on/off (for carafe side), strength control and temperature settings.
- Single serve side can accommodate travel mugs.
- Water reservoir capacity: 60 oz on the carafe side, 40 oz on the single-serve side.
Keurig 2.0 K-Cup Coffee Maker:
- Keurig 2.0 is the first Keurig machine that can brew single serve and full pot using K-Cup pods.
- Available in different sizes, from small to large water reservoir.
- Can brew up to 18 oz mug/travel mug or up to 30 oz carafe – depending on the model.
- Brews K-Cup pods or can brew your own coffee ground using a refillable K-Cup filter.
- Easy to use touch LCD display allows you to program volume, strength or temperature settings.
Ninja Coffee Bar System:
- A full coffee bar system with a variety of coffee sizes and options:
- Single serve sizes: Cup, XL Cup, XL Multi Serve and Travel Mug, up to 22 oz.
- Carafe Sizes: Full carafe, half carafe.
- Choose from brew types: classic, rich, specialty, over-ice or Cafe Forte (exclusive to Ninja).
- Uses ground coffee only, for both single serve and carafe.
- Built-in milk frother allows you to create creamy milk froth for specialty coffee drinks.
- You can read our comparisons of Ninja Coffee Bar models here.
Common Questions about Ninja Coffee Bar System:
Can You Make Lattes in Ninja Coffee Bar?
Yes, absolutely! using the built-in milk frother, you’ll be able to create delicious froth for your drink. On the machine, using the Specialty option, you’ll be able to brew a coffee concentrate close enough to espresso, which will be the base of your latte or cappuccino.
Can You Use K-Cups in a Ninja Coffee Bar?
No, Ninja is not compatible with K-Cup pods. You can make your single cup of coffee using coffee ground only.
What Kind of Coffee Do You Use for Ninja Coffee Bar?
You can buy any brand or roast you like. Just make sure it’s medium grind, which is the recommended grind for a drip coffee maker.
Does the Ninja Coffee Bar Grind Beans?
No, it does not have a built-in grinder.
Breville Grind Control Coffee Maker:
- Choose to brew a single cup or a full carafe up to 12 sizes.
- Built-in coffee grinder for a grind and brew coffee experience.
- Grinder can be shut off to use pre-ground coffee.
- Choose from 8 coffee strength settings
- LCD screen gives you realtime feedback on your water level, brew time, grind size, strength settings and other selected settings.
- Auto start settings starts the grind and brew process at your selected time.
- Does not use any coffee pods. Only ground coffee.
Which Of These Coffee Makers Is Best To Buy?
There are lots of variation in features in the coffee makers we listed above. Here are a few things to consider:
- Budget: If you have a budget under $100, the Hamilton Beach Flex Brew and Cuisinart SS-15 are budget-friendly. Although they lack the extra features that the other two (Ninja and Breville) can offer.
- Do you want a coffee maker that uses K-Cup Pods? Then again, your choices would be either the Hamilton Beach or Cuisinart.
- If you want a coffee maker with the most serve size options, then it’s the Ninja Coffee Bar. It has the most single serve size options, brewing up to 22 oz travel mug size. It also has the option for making specialty coffee drinks like Cappuccino and Latte, thanks to its built-in frother. However we do have to note that, since espresso – which is the base of these coffee drinks – requires a pump machine, the Ninja bar doesn’t make an authentic espresso. What it brews is a coffee concentrate that is the next best thing and delivers a similar taste.
- If you want the freshest coffee, then the Breville Grind Control is your best bet as it brews coffee from freshly ground coffee with its built-in conical burr grinder. If you don’t already have a grinder, this coffee maker makes a great all in one option.
- Neither the Breville Grind Control or Ninja Coffee Bar use pods, but ONLY coffee ground.
Review of Cuisinart SS-15:
Review of Ninja Coffee Bar System:
Review of the Breville Grind Control:
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review