Zojirushi Fresh Brew Plus vs. Fresh Brew: What’s The Difference?
Features of the Zojirushi Fresh Brew Plus:
- 10-cup coffee maker with thermal carafe.
- Thumb activated pouring helps keep the temperature in and hot for hours.
- Guaranteed brewing temperature over 200F ensure the best flavors
- Shower head water distribution ensures the best saturation.
- Automatic clean cycle.
- Removable water reservoir.
- 24 hrs programmable timer.
- Swing filter basket for easy filling and easy cleaning.
- Minimum brew is 2-cups.
How’s The Zojirushi Fresh Brew Plus Different Than the Fresh Brew Coffee Maker?
Image Title Zojirushi EC-YSC100 Fresh Brew Plus Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker, 10 Cup, Stainless Steel/Black Zojirushi EC-BD15BA Fresh Brew Thermal Carafe Coffee Maker Feature Custom designed 10-cup carafe keeps coffee warm for hours
Removable water tank for easy filing at your source for fresh water
Thumb activated pouring makes serving smooth and easy and keeps heat locked in for hours
Brewing temperature guaranteed over 200 degrees f, extracting maximum flavor and characteristics from your favorite coffee roast
Automated clean cycle makes cleaning a snap and guarantees fresh tasting coffee
Stylish automatic coffee brewer with 1.5-liter thermal carafe
Stainless-steel carafe keeps coffee hot for hours
1025 watts; electronic clock/timer with preset function; auto shut-off for safety
Clever brew-and-serve lid design; easy-to-read water gauge
Measures 15 by 12 by 9 inches; 1-year warranty
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
- The Fresh Brew is an old version from Zojirushi. In the Fresh Brew Plus, the design and features have been revamped to give you a better brewing experience.
- The old Fresh Brew doesn’t have a removable water reservoir.
- Optimal brewing temperature of 200F isn’t guaranteed with the Fresh Brew like it is with the Fresh Brew Plus.
- Fresh Brew Plus uses flat bottom filters, this type of filter ensures better coffee ground saturation and therefor better extracted flavor. The Fresh Brew uses a cone filter.
- The control panel on the Fresh Brew Plus is overall very well designed, with larger buttons and a clearer display than that on the Fresh Brew.
- The thermal carafe on the Fresh Brew Plus is thumb activated, this ensures the best heat retention and a much better lock mechanism than on the carafe of the Fresh Brew.
Watch How It Works:
Common Questions About the Zojirushi Fresh Brew Plus:
How Long Does The Carafe Keep the Coffee Hot?
Customers reported that it remains hot for up to 4 or 5 hours.
Can The Fresh Brew Plus Make Only One Cup?
No, the minimum amount is 2 cups. If you’d like a coffee maker that can brew a single cup, you can check out the Breville YouBrew.
Can You Pour Coffee Before the Brewing Cycle is Done?
Yes, the Pause to Brew feature on the Fresh Brew Plus works a little differently though. There’s no button to press, however, the brewing will stop if you pull the carafe out of its cradle and will continue once you return it.
Can The Machine Brew Directly Into a Travel Mug?
No, it’s been designed to work best when brewing into the carafe.
Where Is The Zojirushi Fresh Brew Plus Made?
Although the brand is Japanese, the machine is made in China.
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review