Ninja Coffee Bar System has been a really popular pod-free coffee system that brews single-serve coffee as well a full pot, offering different brew types and sizes all in one machine. Now, Ninja is at it again with a system that gives you the same convenience and quality of pod-free brewing, but with even more brew types and more intuitive controls.
What Is Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System?
Ninja has taken their brewing system to the next level to offer you more of the things you like, all in the same system. The Hot and Cold Brewed system offers:
- Traditional hot coffee, including specialty coffee drinks.
- Fresh 10-minute Cold Brew coffee.
- Iced coffee drinks.
- Hot brewed tea.
- Iced tea.
Let’s look at the features of the Hot and Cold Brewed System:
- Brew a variety of hot or cold coffee or tea drinks using fresh coffee ground and tea, no pods required.
- Choose from 6 brew sizes: single cup, XL cup, travel mug, multi-serve cup, half carafe and full carafe.
- Choose from 5 brew types: Classic, Rich, Over Ice, Specialty or Cold Brew.
- Choose from 5 tea types for automatic water temperature and steep time adjustment: Herbal, Black, Oolong, White or Green.
- Includes separate filter baskets for coffee and tea.
- Includes 50 oz (10-cup) carafe. Available as glass or thermal option.
- Built-in foldable milk frother.
- Digital display with clock.
- Easy controls using a dial knob and backlit icons.
Watch It in Action:
Cold Brew vs. Over Ice, What’s The Difference Between These Two Options?
You might be wondering, why do you need two options for making iced coffee? Is there a difference between how Cold Brew is made and how Iced coffee is made?
Yes, absolutely! And it all has to do with temperature and steep time:
- Usually, Cold brew coffee (or tea) is a type of brew where the coffee is made with cold water and steeped for long hours, from 8 to 24 hours. This results in smooth coffee concentrate that is usually either mixed with cold water, ice or milk.
- Iced coffee is your usual hot coffee brewed over ice.
- The difference in temperature gives each type of coffee brew a unique flavor profile.
With the Hot and Cold Brewed System:
- The Cold Brew option, either for coffee or tea, will brew over ice at a lower temperature of 110F, for about 10 to 15 minute.
- Over Ice coffee is brewed hot over ice immediately at 205F degrees.
Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed vs. Ninja Coffee Bar, What’s The Difference?
We can say that the Hot and Cold Brewed System is the next generation of Ninja Coffee Bar. In the new system, you have the option to brew both coffee and tea, in a variety of drinks and serving sizes.
Hot and Cold Brewed System has two additional brew types, Cold Brew for coffee and tea, and Tea brews. Ninja Coffee Bar is a coffee maker only.
Both models have a selection of 6 serving sizes – approximate volumes are (when using Classic brew):
- Cup: 9.5 oz
- XL Cup: 11.5 oz
- Travel Mug: 14 oz
- XL Multi-serve: 18 oz
The design of both machines are different, yet the operate in the same way. On the right of both machines, you’ve got your control panel which features backlit names and icons for each drink type and size. The Hot and Cold Brewed system has additional options, of course. But both are operated using a dial knob selector.
Both machines will include the carafe, either glass or thermal as you would choose. You’ll also get a coffee scoop and a permanent filter. In the case of the Hot and Cold Brewed system, you’ll be getting two permanent filters, one for coffee and another for tea.
Ninja Hot and Cold Brewer vs. Keurig, Which Is Best To Choose?
Those two are totally different systems, starting with the fact that Ninja’s brewers are pod-free while Keurig is a pod system.
Keurig has a lot of models under its belt, it’s hard to compare them to Ninja’s system specifically, but here are some general differences:
- With Keurig, you can brew coffee, tea, hot chocolate, hot apple cider, and a lot of specialty coffee drinks. As long as they’re available as K-Cup pods. The drinks aren’t necessarily as fresh and can be loaded with added sugar and other bad ingredients. Using the Hot and Cold Brewed system, you can only make coffee and tea drinks, but you’ll be in control of your ingredients, and you’ll be using fresh milk for your specialty drinks that you can froth using the built-in frother.
- With a pod system like Keurig, there’s a continuous cost of buying pods – unless you opt for using a refillable pod. Ninja is a pod-free system, so there’s no additional costs other than buying your favorite coffee beans, which cost way less than pods.
- The Hot and Cold Brewed System offers a variety of brew type that Keurig lacks. With Ninja, you can select from 5 brew types for either coffee or tea, including the all-new Cold Brew that only this systems has. Keurig offers regular or strong brew options, some models might include an over-ice option that’s not much different than the regular brew.
- Brewing a full pot using a Keurig requires using the Keurig 2.0 line. This line requires that you use branded K-Cup pods, but also has refillable pods as a option. The largest size it can brew is 30 oz, which is about a 4-cup carafe.To brew a carafe, you have to buy K-Carafe pods. In fact, anything larger than a regular cup will require a special pod (K-Mug for larger mugs/travel mugs or K-Carafe pods for Carafe).
Should You Upgrade from Ninja Coffee Bar To the Hot and Cold Brewed System?
- Note: 1)Too coarse a grind, too little coffee, or insufficiently tamping the grounds before brewing can all lead to inadequate pressure for a proper brew. 2)It is important to note that the amount of espresso extracted will vary depending on the grind size and amount and reprogramming may be needed when the size and amount are adjusted
- Brew multiple brew sizes, ranging from a pod free single cup or travel mug, all the way up to a full Carafe
- Hot brewing lets you enjoy a bold, flavorful cup of hot coffee or tea; Or brew over ice to create full flavored, refreshing iced beverages
- Brew your favorite style of tea, whether you use tea bags or loose leaf, with the specially designed tea brew basket
- Auto IQ one touch intelligence technology
If you already own a Ninja Coffee Bar, is it worth it to upgrade to the newer version? The two reasons that might be worth the upgrade are:
- The Cold Brew function: If you like to splurge on cold brew every now and then, and I say splurge cause we all know how expensive a cup of those can be, then you’ll really like this feature. Although the coffee isn’t steeped overnight like specialty coffee houses do it, you still get a great result using this feature. It will save you a lot on your cold brew purchases.
- Tea brewing: If you enjoy brewing coffee, the Hot and Cold Brewed System will make a lot of difference to you, too. It doesn’t only brew tea, it brews each type of tea to different parameters to get the optimal results. By selecting the type of tea you’re brewing, the machine to adjust the temperature and steep time to match the tea type. This is the equivalent of having a variable temperature kettle with a timer, or even an electric tea maker.