Just like we explained the difference between all Keurig 2.0 Brewers, and we explained the difference between Vue and K-Cups, in this post, we will be looking at the difference between three Vue brewers: V500, V600 and V700.
Like all Keurig machines, the difference between model numbers usually comes down to: water reservoir size, brew sizes and control panel. Let’s get into the details of the Vue models…
Features of the Keurig Vue:
- Single serve brewing system uses Vue cups (different than K-Cups!)
- Brews a cup in under 1 minute.
- Choose from 8 cup sizes, from 4 oz up to 18 oz.
- Easy to use touchscreen control allows you to program sizes, temperature and coffee strength.
- Removable water reservoir for easy refilling.
What Is The Difference Between Keurig Vue V700 vs. V600 vs. V500?
Water Reservoir Size:
- V700: 74 oz
- V600: 74 oz
- V500: 60 oz
- V700: Color touchscreen control.
- V600 & V500: Black/white touchscreen.
- V700: Choose from 8 cup sizes, 4 oz, 6 oz, 8 oz, 10 oz, 12 oz, 14 oz, 16 oz, 18oz.
- V600: Choose from 7 cup sizes, 4-oz, 6-oz, 8-oz, 10-oz, 12-oz, 16-oz and 18-oz.
- V500: choose from 7 sizes: 4 oz, 6 oz, 8 oz, 10 oz, 12 oz, 14 oz, and 16 oz.
- All models allow you to adjust your drink’s temperature, up to 197F.
- There’s no major design differences that would affect the functions of the machine. Few differences in aesthetics only.
Which One Should You Buy?
– Decide which size of water reservoir would serve you best:
- If you’re buying the machine for a family or a small office, you’ll want the largest water tank, therefor the V700 is best for you.
- A single person would find the water reservoir of the V500 more than enough.
– Make sure your selected model makes your preferred cup size.
Apart from those two points, there’s not much difference between each model.
What Is The Difference Between Vue Coffee Pods and K-Cup Pods?
We have dedicated a special post to tell the difference between the Keurig Vue and K-Cups. The difference is in the design of the pod, as you can see in the photo, the Vue pods look different than the K-Cups.
Vue pods are available from the same brands as K-Cups, the biggest difference is that Vue pods are recyclable while K-Cups aren’t. On the downside, some people have reported that Vue pods are hard to find in local stores, however, they are widely available online, either on Amazon or from Keurig.
Can You Use K-Cups in a Vue Brewer?
Officially, you’re not supposed to use regular K-Cup pods with your Vue brewer, however, there’s a workaround to solve this.
Buying an adapter like the K2V-Cup allows you to use any K-Cup with your Keurig Vue. What you’ll do is place the adapter where the Vue pod goes, then put your K-Cup inside it and it should brew without any issues.
Watch The Keurig Vue in Action:
Review of Keurig Vue V700 and How It Compares to K-Cups:
Review of Keurig Vue V500: