What Makes The Best Pour-Over Kettle? Here Are Some Tips…
If you’ve chosen Pour-over as your preferred coffee brewing method, you’ve probably noticed that it requires a special kind of a kettle, it is called a Gooseneck kettle, or simply pour over kettle.
In a Hurry? Jump To:
Why You Should Use a Gooseneck Pour Over Kettle:
Truth is, if you use a regular kettle, you’ll still be able to make your pour over coffee just fine. But why is a Gooseneck kettle so important when it comes to pour over?
- When you manually brew your coffee, you need to slowly pour in the water. A pour over kettle is designed to give you control over the water flow, unlike a regular kettle which will flood in all the water unevenly.
- Having a steady flow of water and maintaining it helps create a more balanced cup of coffee.
And that’s exactly why you need a pour over kettle. It’s especially designed to create that stead water flow with its long, tipped spout and long, easy to hold handle.
What To Look For in a Pour Over Kettle:
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the best pour over kettle for you:
– Manual or Electric?
- Decide if you want to place your kettle over a cook top, the traditional way, or if you want an electric kettle. Keep in mind that pour-over requires a certain temperature of hot water. So if you’re going with manual, then you’ll have to monitor the temperature yourself, if you go for an electric kettle, then it’s much easier since you’ll be able to set the temperature you want.
– The Design:
- Make sure the design of the handle look comfortable for you and will give you a good grip of the kettle.
- Make sure the lid is tight enough that it will not fall while you pour the water.
- Material wise, most kettles are made of stainless steel, but you’ll want to make sure that it is compatible with your cook top surface, especially if you’re using Induction Heating.
Best Electric Pour Over Kettles:
Bonavita Variable Temperature Digital Gooseneck Kettle:
- Capacity: 1 Liter.
- 1000 watts, quick heating.
- Select your desired temperature.
- LCD screen displays temperature in real time.
- Can hold temperature for up to 60 minutes.
- Count-up timer helps you with your brewing process.
Hario Buono Electric Pour Over Kettle:
- Capacity: 1 Liter.
- Cordless kettle.
- Electric cord storage under base.
- Imported from Japan.
- Light indicator.
Bonavita Electric Kettle vs. Hario Buono Electric Kettle, Which One To Buy?
We certainly recommend the Bonavita over the Hario for many reasons:
- The Bonavita is variable temperature, allowing you to set the temperature you want, and it’s able to hold it for up to an hour.
- It gives you real time reading of the temperature and helps you with a count up timer when brewing.
Bonavita Electric Kettle:
Hario Electric Kettle:
Best Manual Pour Over Kettles:
Hario V60 Buono Pour Over Kettle:
- 1.2 Liter capacity.
- Makes 3 or 4 cups of coffee.
- Compatible with all stoves including: gas, electric and Induction.
- Easy to hold handle with noticeable space between it and the kettle to keep your hand from the heat.
- Stainless steel lid with silicone handle.
- 1 Liter capacity.
- Brushed stainless steel body.
- Can be used with Induction heating, gas or electric stove.
- Heat resistant handle grip.
- Dishwasher safe.
Fino Pour Over Kettle:
- 1.2 Liter Capacity.
- Made in Japan.
- High quality stainless steel body.
- Angled handle to keep hand away from heat.
- Induction ready.
Hario V60 Buono Kettle:
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review