Capresso vs. Cuisinart Grind & Brew Coffee Makers: What Is The Difference and Which Is Best?
While we are at the subject of comparing coffee makers with built-in grinders, here are two options that are usually compared to each other: the Capresso Coffee TEAM 10-Cup coffee maker and the Cuisinart DGB-700BC 12 cup coffee maker. We’ll look at their features, differences and which might be best for you.
A Comparison Between the Capresso and Cuisinart Grind & Brew Coffee Makers:
|Feature||24-hour fully programmable coffeemaker with 12-Cup capacity|
Built-in burr grinder automatically grinds beans before brewing
Strength selector and grind control fine-tune intensity and volume, 8-ounce bean hopper, auto shutoff and brew-pause function
Includes: Charcoal water filter and permanent gold-tone coffee filter ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through. Measuring scoop, instruction Book
Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
|Fully programmable 10-cup coffeemaker with built-in conical burr grinder|
Digital control panel; 5 grind settings from coarse to fine; 5 brew amounts
6-ounce bean container; adjustable strength; clock and timer; brew-pause function
Brew with or without the grinder; 2-hour auto shut-off for safety; water filter included
Measures approximately 9-1/5 by 9-1/5 by 15-1/5 inches
|Title||Cuisinart DGB-700BC Grind-and-Brew 12-Cup Automatic Coffeemaker, Brushed Chrome/Black||Capresso 464.05 CoffeeTeam GS 10-Cup Digital Coffeemaker with Conical Burr Grinder|
|Height||16.34 inch||15.25 inch|
|Weight||12.8 pound||10 pound|
|Width||11.61 inch||9.25 inch|
|Length||13.11 inch||9.25 inch|
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info|
What Do They Have in Common?
- a built-in conical burr grinder.
- programmable, with auto-start, a clock, coffee grind and brew selection.
- Automatic coffee grind dosing for selected coffee amount.
- Both machines can be used with or without the grinder, you can use pre-ground coffee instead.
- Warming plates to keep coffee hot.
What Is The Difference Between the Capresso Coffee TEAM and Cuisinart Grind and Brew?
- The Capresso makes up to 10 cups.
- The Cuisinart makes up to 12 cups.
Bean Hopper Capacity:
- Capresso: 6 ounces
- Cuisinart: 8 ounces
- Capresso: choose from 5 grind settings
- Cuisinart: choose from 3 grind settings
How Is The Capresso and Cuisintart Grind & Brew Coffee Makers Compared to the Breville YouBrew?
Now that’s a good question! The Capresso and Cuisinart Grind & Brew coffee makers are at the same level, while the Breville YouBrew is at the next level. It is more expensive, but it offers more brewing options, especially if you go with the YouBrew BDC600XL:
- It can brew a single cup, a full 12 cup carafe or can pause your brew at anytime.
- Single cup options vary from small to extra large cup size.
- It offers more flavor and grind settings (7 settings)
- It’s almost fully stainless steel, with very little plastic parts.
The Capresso and Cuisintart Grind and Brew coffee makers do not have a single cup option, however, they can pause brewing process.
Common Questions About the Capresso or Cuisinart Grind and Brew Coffee Makers:
Can You Use a Thermal Carafe Instead of the Included Glass Carafe?
No, you can’t, as they have an active warming plate which can damage your thermal carafe.
Can You Make Less Than the Full 10 or 12 Cup Capacity for the Capresso or Cuisinart Grind & Brew?
Yes, you can. For the Capresso, you can make a 2, 4, 6, 8 or 10 cups. For the Cuisinart, it goes from 2 to 12 cups, too. You just can’t make a single-cup brew.
Can You Use Pre-Ground Coffee with the Capresso and Cuisinart Grind and Brew Coffee Makers?
Yes, you can. Both machines have an included reusable coffee filter, or you can use a paper filter to brew a pre-ground coffee.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review