Breville Dose Control Pro vs. Smart Grinder Pro: What’s The Difference?
The Smart Grinder Pro is a highly rated conical burr grinder from Breville that gives you a good amount of precision to grind for any type of coffee brewing method. Breville has also introduced another home grinder, the Dose Control Pro. In our post today, we’ll be looking at the difference between these grinders to help you decide which one should serve you best in your home.
Features of the Breville Dose Control Pro:
- Stainless steel conical burrs that preserve the oils and aroma of the beans.
- Choose from 60 precise grind settings from very fine to very coarse, perfect for any brewing method.
- Precision electronic timer allows you to set and adjust grind time in 1 second increments.
- 12 oz coffee bean capacity (around 320 grams).
- Plastic housing.
- Can grind directly into portafilter or coffee ground container.
- Included accessories: Small portafilter cradle 50-54mm, Large portafilter cradle 58mm, Adjustable razor for leveling coffee on portafilter.
Features of the Breville Smart Grinder Pro:
- Stainless steel conical burr grinder.
- Choose from 60 grind settings.
- Portafilter holder allows you to grind for espresso hands-free.
- LCD screen allows you to select grind settings, number of coffee cups or espresso shots and any other customization.
- Auto dosing system.
- Electronic timer with 0.2 second increments.
- Stainless steel housing.
- Bean hopper holds up to 1 pound of coffee (around 16 oz, 450 grams)
- Accessories included: Small and large portafilter holder, coffee ground container, cleaning brush.
What Is The Difference Between Breville Dose Control and Smart Grinder Pro?
- Both grinders give you 60 precise settings.
- Timer on the Dose Pro allows you to adjust grind time in 1 second increments.
- Smart Grind Pro has a more precise timer with 0.2 second increments.
Construction and Housing:
- The Dose Control has plastic housing.
- The Smart Grinder has stainless steel housing.
Adjustment and Programmability:
- The Smart Grinder Pro has an LCD screen that makes adjustments easy, especially for a beginner. If you’re not sure about the grind you want, you can select your brewing method, flavor and number of cups or shots and the grinder will automatically dose and calibrate for you.
- With the Dose Control Pro, you have to know which grind setting you want. You can select from the grind number dial and select your timing manually.
Which One Should You Buy?
- When it comes to features and quality build, the Breville Smart Grinder Pro has it all, 60 grind settings, LCD screen and the durable stainless steel housing.
- If you have somewhat the knowledge of precise grinding or at least have the patience to try different grinds before you get it right, then you’ll be happy with the Dose Control while saving some cash. It’s also perfect if you’re mostly grinding for espresso.
- If you’re not sure of the grind settings you need and would need some help, the Smart Grinder is a smart choice indeed. It guides you through the LCD screen for the best choice. It doesn’t have as many grind settings, but it has enough settings for espresso, drip, fresh press or pour over.
Watch The Breville Grinders in Action:
Breville Smart Grinder:
Breville Dose Control:
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review