What Is The Difference Between a Keurig and Mr Coffee K-Cup Brewer?
When buying a K-Cup brewer, you have the option of buying either a Keurig machine or a brewer from another brand. One of these brands that make K-Cup brewers is Mr. Coffee.
Why Choose a K-Cup Brewer From Another Brand?
Whether you choose a Keurig or another brand, it all comes down to what you want out of your K-Cup brewer and how much is your budget.
Choosing another brand could offer you a brewer at a price that is better than Keurig’s. Or you can get features that aren’t available in Keurig machines. For that reason, it is always good to see what options you have before settling on a brewer or a brand.
What Is The Difference Between Keurig vs. Mr Coffee K-Cup Brewer?
Mr. Coffee’s K-Cup brewers are most comparable to Keurig’s K55 and K15, so we’ll do our comparison based on these models.
Keurig K55 vs. Mr Coffee K-Cup Brewer – BVMC-KG6-001:
- Both brewers can brew cup sizes up to 10 oz, like most K-Cup brewers.
- The Keurig K55 has a water reservoir of 48 oz capacity. Mr. Coffee brewer has a 40 oz reservoir.
- With both brewers, you have the choice of using your own coffee ground. However, refillable filters are available as a separate purchase.
- Both brewers include a K-Cup sample pack.
- The only difference here is the reservoir capacity. The Keurig K55 has 48 oz capacity, about an extra cup of coffee over the Mr Coffee.
Keurig K15 vs. Mr Coffee K-Cup Brewer SC100:
- Like Mr Coffee SC100, the K15 does not have a reservoir, but a water tank that you fill up fresh when you brew.
- K15 can brew the same cup sizes as Mr Coffee, up to 10 oz.
- The refillable K-Cup filter is an optional accessory for the K15, but it comes included with the Mr. Coffee.
- The Mr. Coffee Brewer is taller, therefore, it can fit a travel mug under it. K15 can only fit regular mugs under it due to its small design.
- Mr Coffee is taller and can fit a travel mug under it. It comes with a refillable filter.
- The Keurig K15 comes with a K-Cup sample pack, Mr Coffee doesn’t.
Which One To Choose?
- Is a water reservoir important to you? If yes, then your choice is either Mr Coffee KG6 or Keurig K55. Which one between those, though? They’re the same in features, however, the Keurig K55 has a slightly bigger reservoir and it comes with a K-Cup sample pack.
- If a water reservoir is not a requirement for you, then we do recommend the Mr Coffee SC100 over the Keurig K15 for these reasons: It has more height and less width, it can easily accommodate a travel mug with the drip tray is removed, and it comes with a refillable filter. On the downside, it does not include a sample pack, so we recommend you buy some K-Cups with it.
More On Keurig Brewers:
- Difference Between Keurig K55 vs. K45
- Should You Buy a Keurig or Keurig 2.0 Coffee Maker?
- Keurig 2.0 Reviews and Comparisons.
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review