Breville BKE820XL vs. Cuisinart CPK-17 Variable Temperature Kettles, What’s The Difference?
We’ve listed both the Breville BKE820XL and Cuisinart CPK-17 as two of our top rated variable temperatures kettles. In this post, we’ll be comparing the two kettles side by side to help you decide which one is best for you.
Breville BKE820XL vs. Cuisinart CPK-17:
- Capacity: Both have around the same water capacity with the Breville having a slightly larger 1.8L vs. 1.7L for the Cuisinart… hardly any difference there.
- Pre-sets: The Cuisinart has 6 temperature pre-sets: 160, 175, 185, 190, 200 and 212F. The Breville has 5 pre-sets starting at 175F up to 212F.
- Keep Warm Mode: The Breville’s temperature hold keeps temperature of water up to 20 minutes, while the Cuisinart keeps it for 30 minutes.
- Design: The Cuisinart’s buttons are all located on the handle of the kettle, illuminated with blue LED light. The water tank level is illuminated as well. The Breville on the other hand has all its button at the base of the kettle, which is detachable. Both kettles have sleek brushed stainless steel exteriors.
Which Should I Buy? The Breville BKE820XL Or Cuisinart CPK-17?
For us, the Cuisinart PerfecTemp is definitely the winner:
- It has more pre-sets.
- Keep Hot Mode holds the water temperature for longer.
- Better button location, and illuminated buttons are a plus.
- It is less expensive than the Breville and under $100.
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review