Breville BKE820XL vs. Cuisinart CPK-17 Variable Temperature Kettles, What’s The Difference?
We’ve listed both the Breville BKE820XL and Cuisinart CPK-17 as two of our top rated variable temperatures kettles. In this post, we’ll be comparing the two kettles side by side to help you decide which one is best for you.
Breville BKE820XL vs. Cuisinart CPK-17:
|Feature||1500-watt/110-volts stainless-steel cordless electric kettle with 1-2/3-liter capacity and concealed heating element|
6 preset heat settings for steeping tea at just the right temperature; blue LED indicator lights
30-minute keep warm; 2-minute memory function; 360-degree swivel power base for cordless convenience
Blue backlit water window; removable/washable scale filter; boil-dry protection with auto safety shutoff
Measures approximately 8-1/5 by 9-4/5 by 12 inches; 3-year limited warranty
|1500-watt 2-quart kettle with 5 pre-set brewing temperatures for tea and more|
360-degree stainless-steel directional base; clearly marked push-button control panel
Hold Temp button keeps water at selected temperature for 20 minutes
Boil-dry protection; water-level indicators on both sides; removable scale filter
Measures 7-1/2 by 9-1/2 by 11 inches
|Title||Cuisinart CPK-17 PerfecTemp 1.7-Liter Stainless Steel Cordless Electric Kettle||Breville BKE820XL Variable-Temperature 1.8-Liter Kettle|
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info|
- Capacity: Both have around the same water capacity with the Breville having a slightly larger 1.8L vs. 1.7L for the Cuisinart… hardly any difference there.
- Pre-sets: The Cuisinart has 6 temperature pre-sets: 160, 175, 185, 190, 200 and 212F. The Breville has 5 pre-sets starting at 175F up to 212F.
- Keep Warm Mode: The Breville’s temperature hold keeps temperature of water up to 20 minutes, while the Cuisinart keeps it for 30 minutes.
- Design: The Cuisinart’s buttons are all located on the handle of the kettle, illuminated with blue LED light. The water tank level is illuminated as well. The Breville on the other hand has all its button at the base of the kettle, which is detachable. Both kettles have sleek brushed stainless steel exteriors.
Which Should I Buy? The Breville BKE820XL Or Cuisinart CPK-17?
For us, the Cuisinart PerfecTemp is definitely the winner:
- It has more pre-sets.
- Keep Hot Mode holds the water temperature for longer.
- Better button location, and illuminated buttons are a plus.
- It is less expensive than the Breville and under $100.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review