Baratza Encore vs. Bodum Bistro: Which One Should You Get?
The Bodum Bistro and Baratza Encore are two great entry-level conical burr grinders for the home. We’ve already compared the Bodum Bistro to other home conical burr grinders like the Breville Smart Grinder and Capresso Infinity. In this post, we’ll compare it to the Baratza Encore.
Features of Bodum Bistro Conical Burr Grinder:
- Conical burr grinder with 14 adjustable settings from coarse to fine.
- Grind coffee for any type of brewing methods: espresso, drip, pour-over and more.
- Borosilicate glass catcher that reduces the static that causes jumping coffee ground.
- Bean hopper with airtight lid. 220g capacity.
- Bean catcher capacity is 11 oz.
- Available in 5 colors.
Features of the Baratza Encore:
- Conical burr grinder with 40 adjustable settings.
- Gives you very accurate settings.
- Suitable to grind for any type of coffee brewing method.
- Pulse grinding button allows you to grind on demand right into your ground basket of portafilter.
- Bean hopper capacity is 227g (8 oz) and coffee container capacity is 142 g (5 oz).
Also available to buy from: 1stinCoffee.com
What Is The Difference Between The Bodum Bistro and Baratza Encore?
Image Title Bodum Bistro Electric Burr Coffee Grinder, Black Baratza Encore - Conical Burr Coffee Grinder (with Bin) Feature Continuously adjustable with over 14 grind settings from coarse to fine
Borosilicate glass catcher reduces static that causes jumping coffee grounds
Proven as the best way to grind coffee, the burr grinder is adjustable to deliver the proper grind for your favorite brewing method
Timed grinding feature and quick grind button let you set the exactly the amount of time you need to grind the proper amount of coffee
Available in black, orange, red, green, and white. Two year warranty on any defective electric unit with proof of purchase
The Encore is lauded by coffee experts as THE go-to entry level grinder for those brewing coffee at home. The Encore gives a great grind for drip/manual brew and also grinds fine enough for espresso.
Featuring 40 individual grind settings, from fine to coarse, the Encore can please any palate with its gamut of accurate and repeatable grind settings. The Encore has an accurate medium to coarse grind for the increasingly popular manual brew methods such as pour-over, Aeropress, Siphon and Chemex.
The efficient DC motor keeps your beans cool, even during extended grind times, while a combination of electric and gear speed reducers slow the burr to 450 RPM, ensuring a smooth bean feed and reducing noise, heat and static buildup.
A convenient, front-mounted pulse button makes it easy to grind on demand into your brew basket. Whether you are looking for an espresso grinder or a grinder to help you explore that extensive range of brew methods, the Encore is a great all around home grinder.
Speed to Grind: .8 to 1.1g/sec.; Bean Hopper Capacity: 8 oz (227g); Grounds Bin Capacity: 5 oz. (142 g); Weight: 7 lbs. (3.1kg); Dimensions WxHxD cm: 12x35x16 cm; Power Rating (North America): 110 V AC 50/60 Hz. 1 Amp; Power Rating (Other): 230 V AC 50/60 Hz. .5 Amps; Safety Listing: UL/CSA/CE/EK; Designed & Engineered: Seattle, WA, USA
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
Although both grinders are considered to be Entry-level conical burrs, the Baratza Encore offers you a lot more.
- The Bodum Bistro has 14 adjustable grind settings
- The Baratza Encore has 40 adjustable settings which allows you to fine tune your grind very accurately.
- Bodum Bistro has 220g bean hopper and 11 oz coffee container. The container has a lid that keeps the coffee sealed.
- Baratza Encore has 227g bean hopper and 5 oz container.
Which One To Go For?
We would recommend the Baratza Encore over the Bodum Bistro for it’s vast number of grind settings but here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- The Encore is more expensive than the Bodum Bistro.
- Although it has more grind settings, this also means it can get harder to select the correct settings for your grind. With practice, you should get it right, though.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers