The Bodum Bistro and Baratza Encore are two great entry-level conical burr grinders for the home. We’ve already compared the Bodum Bistro to other home conical burr grinders like the Breville Smart Grinder and Capresso Infinity. In this post, we’ll compare it to the Baratza Encore.
Features of Bodum Bistro Conical Burr Grinder:
- Conical burr grinder with 14 adjustable settings from coarse to fine.
- Grind coffee for any type of brewing methods: espresso, drip, pour-over and more.
- Borosilicate glass catcher that reduces the static that causes jumping coffee ground.
- Bean hopper with airtight lid. 220g capacity.
- Bean catcher capacity is 11 oz.
- Available in 5 colors.
Features of the Baratza Encore:
- Conical burr grinder with 40 adjustable settings.
- Gives you very accurate settings.
- Suitable to grind for any type of coffee brewing method.
- Pulse grinding button allows you to grind on demand right into your ground basket of portafilter.
- Bean hopper capacity is 227g (8 oz) and coffee container capacity is 142 g (5 oz).
Also available to buy from: 1stinCoffee.com
What Is The Difference Between The Bodum Bistro and Baratza Encore?
Although both grinders are considered to be Entry-level conical burrs, the Baratza Encore offers you a lot more.
- The Bodum Bistro has 14 adjustable grind settings
- The Baratza Encore has 40 adjustable settings which allows you to fine tune your grind very accurately.
- Bodum Bistro has 220g bean hopper and 11 oz coffee container. The container has a lid that keeps the coffee sealed.
- Baratza Encore has 227g bean hopper and 5 oz container.
Which One To Go For?
We would recommend the Baratza Encore over the Bodum Bistro for it’s vast number of grind settings but here’s a few things to keep in mind:
- The Encore is more expensive than the Bodum Bistro.
- Although it has more grind settings, this also means it can get harder to select the correct settings for your grind. With practice, you should get it right, though.