What Is The Best Electric Milk Frother and Steamer You Can Buy?
Comparisons in this post (Click to jump):
- Breville vs. Secura Milk Frother
- Breville vs. Aeroccino Milk Frother
- Nespresso Aeroccino 3 vs. Aeroccino Plus
- Epica vs Secura Milk frother.
If you happened to love milk based drinks, delicious frothy coffee or hot chocolate, you’ll absolutely love having an electric milk frother.
Why Do You Need an Electric Milk Frother:
Hot frothy milk with a touch of a button! It’s that simple. Not into froth? You can still have nice thick steamed milk for any milk-based drink.
How Is an Electric Milk Frother Different Than a Manual Frothing Wand?
You might wonder, why should you spend (comparatively) a lot of money on an electric milk frother instead of going for a $3 frothing wand? Well, there’s a LOT of difference:
- With a frothing wand, you’ll still need to heat the milk first then froth it. Two tasks.
With an electric milk frother, you pour your milk, push a button and it will heat it then either steam it or froth it for you.
- A frothing wand will never give you the same thickness an electric milk frother will give you. A frothing wand will give you a froth full of air and bubble that is not as delicious or nearly enjoyable as the foam from an electric milk frother.
What Is The Difference Between a Milk Steamer and a Milk Frother?
Traditionally, steamed milk is milk that you heat and texture using a steam wand, which is usually available in an espresso machine. However, commercially, the name Milk Steamer has been synonymous with an electric milk frother or heater. When looking up the words ‘milk steamer’ the same results for milk frother will appear. Based on that, we’re saying that milk frother and steamer are the same thing.
If you get an electric milk frother, it will include two whisks:
- One whisk for creating steamed milk: that is hot milk only slightly whisked, perfect for lattes.
- Another whisk for creating frothy milk, that is milk highly whisked until it is very foamy. This type of milk is traditionally used for Cappuccinos.
Do Milk Frothers Heat Milk?
Yes, they do. You’ll pour in cold milk and the milk frother will heat it, mix it and froth it.
Can I Use Any Type of Milk with an Electric Milk Frother?
Yes, absolutely. You can use regular milk or any milk alternative including almond milk, coconut milk or rice milk. However, the texture of the froth will change depending on the type of milk you use since each type of milk has different percentage of fat, which effects the froth texture.
So, What Is The Best Milk Frother To Buy?
There are many options to choose from, but we’ve got the best two choices for you here.
First is, the Breville BMF600XL Milk Cafe Milk Frother:
The Breville electric milk frother is BY FAR the best one out there. It offers many features that other frothers don’t have like:
- Adjust temperature of milk.
- Makes hot drinks instantly by adding the ingredients into the frother. Add chocolate powered, chocolate shavings or any drink ingredient you like.
Other features include:
- Makes hot or cold froth, with a push of a button.
- Two frothing discs, Latte disc for smooth steamed milk, or Cappuccino disc for thick frothy milk.
- On-board disc storage.
- Uses induction heat.
- Jug is dishwasher safe.
The Breville Milk Cafe Frother is the best electric frother for latte as it allows you to choose the optimal temperature for it as well as other drinks. It’s also perfect to use with any type of milk like soy, almond or rice.
Watch How The Breville Milk Cafe Works:
Your second best choice would be the Secura Electric Milk Frother:
- Available in two sizes, 250ml and 500ml.
- Prepares hot or cold froth with a push of a button.
- Stainless steel exterior with vacuum insulation.
- Two discs for preparing froth or steamed milk.
- Your purchase includes a 2-year warranty.
- Detachable base.
The Secura milk frother and warmer is an excellent choice for anyone just looking for hot or cold froth for their drinks. With this frother, you cannot add other ingredients into the jug. It is NOT dishwasher safe, but it is non-stick on the inside, so it’s easy to rinse clean. Also, it does not steam milk, it only froths or simply heats the milk.
Between the Breville Milk Cafe Frother or the Secura Milk Frother, Which Should You Go For?
If you’re not on a strict budget, I would HIGHLY recommend you to go with the Breville Milk Frother. It is slightly higher in price, but you’ll get much more for your money. If you’d like a less costly option, then the Secura is a fantastic choice as well.
Breville Milk Cafe vs. Nespresso Aeroccino Plus, Which Is Best?
The Nespresso Aeroccino is another choice for an electric milk frother, popular by Nespresso fans. But is it better than Breville’s Milk Cafe? Here are some of its features:
- Froths hot or cold milk with push of a button.
- Maximum capacity: 130 ml (for milk froth preparation), 250 ml (for hot milk preparation)
- Gives you hot milk in about a minute.
We prefer the Breville Milk Cafe for a few reasons:
- Its induction base makes the heating element more advanced than the Aeroccino.
- Ability to make hot chocolate by adding cocoa right into the jug.
- The ability to select your desired temperature.
- The jug is dishwasher safe.
What Is The Difference Between Nespresso Aeroccino Plus vs. Aeroccino 3?
If you decided on an Aeroccino, you’ll find there are two models to choose from: Plus and Aeroccino 3. Which should you choose?
- When it comes to how both operate, both work exactly the same. Both can make hot or cold froth, include two whisks for different foam density.
- The difference is mainly in the design. The Aeroccino Plus is stainless steel with plastic handle, while the Aeroccino 3 has a stainless steel interior but plastic outer shell that comes in different colors (black, white or red). The whisk storage on the Plus is on its lid, where the Aeroccino 3 features a whisk storage on its base.
Although both are pretty much the same, the Aeroccino Plus is a clear winner among buyers.
Epica vs. Secura Milk Frother, What’s The Difference?
The Epica frother is a strong contender for the Secura milk frother, which is why they’re compared to each other rather a lot:
Image Title Epica Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Heater Carafe Secura Automatic Electric Milk Frother and Warmer 2-Year Warranty (250ml) Feature Makes hot or cold milk froth for cappuccino or iced drinks, heats milk for latte and other hot drinks
Stainless steel with vacuum insulation helps contents maintain temperature
Carafe detaches from base for easy pouring
Capacity: frothing 4.25 oz./125 ml., heating 8.5 oz./250 ml.
Hot and cold milk froth for cappuccinos,hot milk for lattes
Maximum capacity: 125 ml (for milk froth preparation), 250 ml (for hot milk preparation)
Maximum and minimum level indicators
Stainless-steel exterior with vacuum insulation; Detachable base
Product Built to North American Electrical Standards, 120V. ETL. 2-YEAR Warranty
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
There little to no difference between these two milk frothers. Both have the same quality and the same features, in this case, the price would make the difference. Choose the one that reflects the same price for you.
Can You Use a Milk Frother To Make Hot Chocolate?
Who would like heart-warming frothy cup of hot chocolate? It’s definitely a worldwide favorite!
Many people ask if it’s possible to make a cup of hot chocolate using an electric milk frother. The answer is definitely yes, but here’s how:
- Most of electric milk frothers are not made for you to add anything to them other than milk. So, using the milk frother, you’ll froth the milk, add it to a cup, then add your chocolate syrup or shavings/poweder to the cup itself and mix them.
- If you’d like to have the chocolate mixed with the milk as it’s being froth, then you’ll want to buy the Breville Milk Cafe frother as it’s one of very few that can do that.
- Another option is for you to buy a hot chocolate maker, which is able to mix the milk with the chocolate. But of course, it’s a single purpose appliance, so we wouldn’t recommend it over something you can use for many things.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review