Nespresso Aeroccino 3 vs. Aeroccino 4 vs. Breville Milk Cafe, What’s The Difference?
One of the easiest way to prepare a creamy and frothy cup of Cappuccino or Latte is by using an electric milk frother that heats and froths up the milk in minutes. Aeroccino is a milk frother by Nespresso, and it is available as a stand-alone machine, bundled with a Nespresso espresso maker or built-in as with the CitiZ & Milk for example.
In this post, we’ll look at two of Aeroccino’s models: the Aeroccino 3 and Aeroccino 4. We’ll look at their features and the difference between them.
Features of Nespresso Aeroccino 4:
- Electric milk frother, detachable from base, that heats and froths milk.
- Stainless steel housing
- Can create hot or cold froth.
- Choose from 2 type of hot froth: Airy (perfect for Cappuccinos) or Dense (Perfect for Macchiato). Another Hot Milk option is used for Latte or Hot Chocolate.
- Base has 4 buttons: cold froth, hot milk, Dense Foam, Airy Foam.
- Convenient handle for easy pouring.
- Includes a single whisk for all froth preparation.
- All parts (apart from base) are dishwasher safe.
Click here to learn more about Aeroccino 4, read the customer reviews and buy it. If not available, check Nespresso website.
Features of Nespresso Aeroccino 3:
- Stainless steel pitcher with plastic housing.
- Single button operation.
- Can make hot or cold froth.
- Includes a single whisk. For heavier foam (for Cappuccino) froth with whisk, for a lighter foam (for Latte), remove the whisk.
- NOT dishwasher safe.
Aeroccino 3 vs. 4, What’s The Difference?
The Aeroccino 4 has been updated from the Aeroccino 3 to include features for better operation and easier cleaning.
- Aeroccino 4 has a better design, with a nice stainless steel body, a handle and a base with more option buttons.
- Aeroccino 3 has stainless steel interior but plastic exterior, no handle and only a single button.
- Aeroccino 4 offers more froth options: Airy froth, Dense froth, Hot Milk or Cold. Each option has a dedicated button on the base. No need to switch whisks, a single whisk does all frothing options.
- Aeroccino 3 has two froth options: Dense foam for Cappuccino or lighter foam for latte or hot chocolate. It includes a single whisk, but if you want less foam, you’ll have to remove the whisk and operate the frother without it.
- Both Aeroccino frothers can be easily hand washed.
- But, only Aeroccino 4 is dishwasher safe.
- Aeroccino 3 is NOT dishwasher safe.
Aeroccino 4 vs. Breville Milk Cafe, What’s The Difference?
The Breville Milk Cafe is definitely one of the best choice for an electric milk frother, despite it being a bit more costly than other options, it’s still one of the best selling frothers because it offers a lot of value for its money. The Breville Milk Cafe is actually a step (or two!) up from the Aeroccino, here’s how:
- It uses induction heating for making consistently great froth.
- Stainless steel exterior and interior – no teflon or any non-stick lining.
- Temperature control: choose how warm or hot you want your milk froth.
- Can prepare cold froth, too.
- Includes two frothing whisks: one for Cappuccino and another for Latte.
- You can add ingredients directly into the frothing as it’s whisking the milk: add chocolate syrup, chocolate powder or shavings.
- Large capacity. Makes up to 3 cups of froth at once.
So, as you can see, it’s quite different in how it operates in comparison to both Aeroccino 3 and 4. It has a large capacity pitcher, it has temperature control and ingredients can be added directly to it…. these are the type of features that set it apart from other frothers.
Aeroccnio 4 – How To Use:
Making a Cappuccino Using Aeroccino 3:
Breville Milk Cafe Review:
General Questions About Electric Milk Frothers:
How Do I Froth Almond Milk Using an Electric Milk Frother?
Using any of the milk frothers listed above (Aeroccino or Breville Milk Cafe), you should be able to froth Almond Milk just fine. However, due to the consistency of almond milk (as well as other alternative milks), it doesn’t froth the same way as whole milk. If your almond milk is not foaming, then try switching brands. Here’s a video of someone frothing their almond milk using an Aeroccino, and the result is perfect:
Does a Milk Frother Heat Milk?
Electric milk frothers like the Aeroccino or Breville Milk Cafe do heat milk. Simply add the cold milk and let them do their magic. If you decide to go for something like a hand held milk frother, then no, these don’t heat milk but only froth a milk that’s already been heated.
Can I Froth Milk Creamer instead of Milk?
Frothing a milk creamer won’t likely won’t work due to its ingredients and consistency. However, you can milk a little bit of creamer with your milk or try using half and half, which should work way better than a creamer.
Is Using an Electric Milk Frother the same As Using a Steam Wand?
When you order your coffee at a cafe, they prepare the milk froth using the steam wand attached to the espresso machine. The milk is heated and textured using steam injected into the milk to create that creamy texture. Your electric milk frother doesn’t inject steam into your milk, but instead, it whisks the milk with air to create that beautiful foam. The results are not the exactly the same, but an electric frother is the best you can do at home.
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review