Two of the most popular electric milk frothers on the market right now are the Breville Milk Cafe and Aeroccino by Nespresso. These two units give you delicious froth for a Cappuccino or Latte with a simple touch of a button, with the ability to create hot or cold froth. But which of them is best for you to buy?
Breville Milk Cafe vs. Nespresso Aeroccino, What’s The Difference?
Price wise, the Aeroccino is a little under $100 while the Breville makes a more expensive choice with around $30 price difference (as of the time of writing this post, prices may change), which might make the Aeroccino more popular. However, when it comes to features, the Breville can give you a lot more than the Aeroccino, which justifies that price difference right away.
- The Aeroccino takes up to 130ml of milk max for froth preparation and 250 ml for milk heating without froth.
- As for the Breville, it has a higher capacity (max being 750 ml or 3 cups and minimum is 1 cup).
- The Aeroccino has two whisks one for cappuccino and one for latte.
- The Breville Milk Cafe has two whisks for thick Cappuccino froth and smooth Latte froth. With on-board storage for whisks.
- The Aeroccino is very basic to use. Hit a button to get either hot or cold froth within 70 seconds.
- The Breville is just as easy to use, but gives you more options. You can select your desired temperature, from warm to hot or cold. You can also create hot chocolate by adding chocolate sauce, powder or shaving directly to the frother.
- The Breville Milk Cafe has a sensor that knows if you’ve filled it over the max capacity and it won’t operate if it’s over-filled.
- The Aeroccino features a detachable base, stainless steel interior but it is NOT dishwasher safe.
- The Breville Milk Cafe uses induction heating element with a detachable stainless steel pitcher that is fully removable and dishwasher safe. Making it a lot easier to use and clean.
- Both units have clear lids so you can look through as your milk froths.
Watch Breville Milk Cafe in action:
Which Is Best, The Breville Milk Cafe or Aeroccino Plus?
We definitely prefer the Breville Milk Cafe as it gives you more bang for your buck. It has features that aren’t available in other frothers like: Control of temperature, hot chocolate preparation and induction heat. It has the largest capacity, and being dishwasher safe is also a plus.
Got a question about the Breville Milk Cafe? We probably have your answer here!
Aeroccino Plus vs. Aeroccino 3, What’s the Difference?
The Aeroccino 3 is the upgraded model of Aeroccino Plus, which is now a discontinued model. Both frothers perform the same tasks of creating hot or cold froth as well as just heating milk.
The design of the Aeroccino 3 is totally different from the Aeroccino Plus, which had a stainless steel body and a handle. Now, the Aeroccino 3 has a cool-to-touch body so the handle is not required anymore.
The other difference is in the whisk. The Aeroccino 3 has a single whisk with a small detachable part that converts it from a cappuccino whisk to a latte whisk. The Aeroccino Plus had two separate whisks to do that.
What About Aeroccino 4 vs. Aeroccino 3, What’s the Difference?
The Aeroccino 4 has a beautiful design. Although Aeroccino 3 has not been discontinued, the Aeroccino 4 offers more options. You can read our full comparison between the Aeroccino 3 and 4 in this post.
Breville Milk Cafe vs. Breville Milk Frother (BMF600 vs. BMF300):
Breville BMF300 Milk Frother is a basic frother that can operate in three modes:
Cappuccino, Latte or Hot Chocolate.
The only difference these three modes perform is the foam density. Cappuccino has the most dense foam, the Latte is more creamy and less foamy and then the Hot chocolate, where it just heats milk and blends it with any chocolate you add (syrup, shavings or powder).
This model has 8.5 oz capacity, so it’s much smaller that the Milk Cafe. It does not have any temperature control and cannot create cold froth.
Unlike the Milk Cafe, this frother does not work on induction heating. Which means the jug does have some electrical parts, it is not dishwasher safe and cannot be submerged in water.
The Breville Frother, also knowns as the Hot Choc and Froth, is a basic frother that does an okay job of creating milk froth. However, the Milk Cafe offers way more options and makes a better choice.
The Breville Milk Cafe is our FAVORITE milk frother, it is simply the best for so many reasons. This post is dedicated to all questions you might have regarding this cool gadget.
Why Breville Milk Cafe Milk Frother & Steamer Is The Best and Why You Should Buy It:
- It can make hot or cold froth. It can also steam milk only (with no froth)
- It is the only milk frother that allows you to adjust the temperature of your froth. You can choose from under 120F and dial up to 160F.
- It works with induction heating. The milk jug on top is stainless steel inside and out, unlike other frothers that are non-stick and can peel after a while. It is easy to hand wash and it’s dishwasher safe.
- You can use it to make Hot Chocolate by adding the chocolate syrup or shavings directly into the frother. You can also get creative and make other drinks like Green Tea Latte, Chai latte and more!
- It includes 2 discs, one for Cappuccino frothing (thick froth) and another for Latte froth (light froth).
Watch It In Action:
Questions and Answers:
What Kind of Milk Can You Use with the Breville Milk Cafe Milk Frother?
You can use any type of milk you want. However, different milks produce different froth consistency , so you have to keep that in mind when using milk like almond or soy milk. The rule is, the less fast, the more froth you’ll have.
What Is The Minimum and Maximum Capacity?
Minimum is about one cup, max is 3 cups.
Is It Dishwasher Safe?
Yes, the milk just is dishwasher safe. Simply lift it up the electric base and put it in your dishwasher.
What Is The Highest Temperature The Milk Cafe Frother Can Reach?
It can heat up to 160F.
Is the Temperature Adjustable?
Yes, it is. the Breville Milk Cafe is the ONLY frother that allows you to adjust your froth temperature from Warm (around 120F), Optimum (140F) or Hot (160F), and you can set your temperature between these numbers by dialing the knob.
How Long Does It Take To Make a Froth?
Depending on your settings, 1 to 2 minutes.
Can I Make Cold Froth With It?
Yes, you can. Perfect for icy drinks!
Can I Make Hot Chocolate With It?
Yes, indeed! You can add the powder, syrup or shavings through the lid and have it mix with the milk froth for the thickest and creamiest hot chocolate!
Can I Use It To Make Latte Art?
Latte art depends on a few things: the crema of espresso you’re using, the consistency of the milk and of course, your skill. If you use the latte disc, you should be able to have the consistency required for latte art. Just make sure you have a shot of espresso with a thick crema to help you with your art.
Are the Plastic Parts of the Breville Milk Cafe BPA-FREE?
There are few plastic parts on this frother. The lid and the two frothing discs only. All are BPA Free.
One of the easiest way to prepare a creamy and frothy cup of Cappuccino or Latte is by using an electric milk frother that heats and froths up the milk in minutes. Aeroccino is a milk frother by Nespresso, and it is available as a stand-alone machine, bundled with a Nespresso espresso maker or built-in as with the CitiZ & Milk for example.
In this post, we’ll look at two of Aeroccino’s models: the Aeroccino 3 and Aeroccino 4. We’ll look at their features and the difference between them.
Features of Nespresso Aeroccino 4:
- Electric milk frother, detachable from base, that heats and froths milk.
- Stainless steel housing
- Can create hot or cold froth.
- Choose from 2 type of hot froth: Airy (perfect for Cappuccinos) or Dense (Perfect for Macchiato). Another Hot Milk option is used for Latte or Hot Chocolate.
- Base has 4 buttons: cold froth, hot milk, Dense Foam, Airy Foam.
- Convenient handle for easy pouring.
- Includes a single whisk for all froth preparation.
- All parts (apart from base) are dishwasher safe.
Click here to learn more about Aeroccino 4, read the customer reviews and buy it. If not available, check Nespresso website.
Features of Nespresso Aeroccino 3:
- Stainless steel pitcher with plastic housing.
- Single button operation.
- Can make hot or cold froth.
- Includes a single whisk. For heavier foam (for Cappuccino) froth with whisk, for a lighter foam (for Latte), remove the whisk.
- NOT dishwasher safe.
Aeroccino 3 vs. 4, What’s The Difference?
The Aeroccino 4 has been updated from the Aeroccino 3 to include features for better operation and easier cleaning.
- Aeroccino 4 has a better design, with a nice stainless steel body, a handle and a base with more option buttons.
- Aeroccino 3 has stainless steel interior but plastic exterior, no handle and only a single button.
- Aeroccino 4 offers more froth options: Airy froth, Dense froth, Hot Milk or Cold. Each option has a dedicated button on the base. No need to switch whisks, a single whisk does all frothing options.
- Aeroccino 3 has two froth options: Dense foam for Cappuccino or lighter foam for latte or hot chocolate. It includes a single whisk, but if you want less foam, you’ll have to remove the whisk and operate the frother without it.
- Both Aeroccino frothers can be easily hand washed.
- But, only Aeroccino 4 is dishwasher safe.
- Aeroccino 3 is NOT dishwasher safe.
Aeroccino 4 vs. Breville Milk Cafe, What’s The Difference?
- Latte frothing disc for smooth and silky milk. Please review the Product Videos under the images before use.
- Cappucino frothing disk for thick and creamy froth
- Hot chocolate maker, by simply adding drinking chocolate powder, flakes or syrup to the warming milk
- On-board disc storage
- Product uses induction heating, you can simply place the jug in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
The Breville Milk Cafe is definitely one of the best choice for an electric milk frother, despite it being a bit more costly than other options, it’s still one of the best selling frothers because it offers a lot of value for its money. The Breville Milk Cafe is actually a step (or two!) up from the Aeroccino, here’s how:
- It uses induction heating for making consistently great froth.
- Stainless steel exterior and interior – no teflon or any non-stick lining.
- Temperature control: choose how warm or hot you want your milk froth.
- Can prepare cold froth, too.
- Includes two frothing whisks: one for Cappuccino and another for Latte.
- You can add ingredients directly into the frothing as it’s whisking the milk: add chocolate syrup, chocolate powder or shavings.
- Large capacity. Makes up to 3 cups of froth at once.
So, as you can see, it’s quite different in how it operates in comparison to both Aeroccino 3 and 4. It has a large capacity pitcher, it has temperature control and ingredients can be added directly to it…. these are the type of features that set it apart from other frothers.
Aeroccnio 4 – How To Use:
Making a Cappuccino Using Aeroccino 3:
Breville Milk Cafe Review:
General Questions About Electric Milk Frothers:
How Do I Froth Almond Milk Using an Electric Milk Frother?
Using any of the milk frothers listed above (Aeroccino or Breville Milk Cafe), you should be able to froth Almond Milk just fine. However, due to the consistency of almond milk (as well as other alternative milks), it doesn’t froth the same way as whole milk. If your almond milk is not foaming, then try switching brands. Here’s a video of someone frothing their almond milk using an Aeroccino, and the result is perfect:
Does a Milk Frother Heat Milk?
Electric milk frothers like the Aeroccino or Breville Milk Cafe do heat milk. Simply add the cold milk and let them do their magic. If you decide to go for something like a hand held milk frother, then no, these don’t heat milk but only froth a milk that’s already been heated.
Can I Froth Milk Creamer instead of Milk?
Frothing a milk creamer won’t likely won’t work due to its ingredients and consistency. However, you can milk a little bit of creamer with your milk or try using half and half, which should work way better than a creamer.
Is Using an Electric Milk Frother the same As Using a Steam Wand?
When you order your coffee at a cafe, they prepare the milk froth using the steam wand attached to the espresso machine. The milk is heated and textured using steam injected into the milk to create that creamy texture. Your electric milk frother doesn’t inject steam into your milk, but instead, it whisks the milk with air to create that beautiful foam. The results are not the exactly the same, but an electric frother is the best you can do at home.
We’ve previously compared Capresso’s milk frother FrothPRO, FrothPLUS and FrothTEC. Since Capresso’s frothers are more affordable in price, we thought we’d compare it to the more expensive Nespresso Aeroccino. As both seemingly do the same thing, we all come to wonder if there’s an actual difference to justify the price. Here’s our comparison:
Difference Betweeen Capresso FrothPRO and Nespresso Aeroccino:
- Both Capresso FrothPRO and Aeroccino include a set of 2 whisks, one for light latte froth and another for thick cappuccino froth. You can also choose to heat milk only.
Type of Froth:
- FrothPRO has three settings: hot, cold and warm.
- Aeroccino has hot and cold.
- The FrothPRO has a 8 oz capacity for frothing (about 230 ml), and 12 oz capacity for milk heating (about 354 ml).
- The Nespresso has 130 ml frothing capacity and 250 ml for hot milk.
Interior of the Frothers:
- The Capresso FrothPRO has scratch resistant ceramic coated interior.
- Aeroccino is made of stainless steel.
- FrothPRO pitcher and lid are dishwasher safe.
- Aeroccino is hand wash only.
Which One Should You Buy?
The Capresso FrothPRO is packed with features, making it a great value for its price. It is larger in capacity, and unlike the Aeroccino, it is able to make Warm milk or froth. The pitcher is dishwasher safe, making it easier to clean. However, the one concern is the coating of the pitcher. Although it is scratch resistant, this type of coating tends to scratch or peel over time.
The Nespresso Aeroccino lacks a few of the FrotherPRO’s features, but it is still an excellent frother. Its stainless steel construction gives it a very durable body that will not scratch at all. It’s also quicker, it only takes 60 to 70 secs to complete.
Watch How They Work:
Review of the Capresso FrothPRO:
Review of Nespresso Aeroccino:
We’ve once features the Capresso frothPRO electric milk frother as one of the best selling frothers on the market, and this fact still remains. But we have noticed that there are two Capresso electric frothers that are almost identical, the Capresso frothPRO and frothPLUS. We will be comparing them in this post, but before we get into that, here’s a quick recap of what this frother can do….
Features of the Capresso frothPRO:
- Select from three temperature settings: hot, warm and cold.
- Includes two disks for different froth densities.
- Large ceramic coated aluminum pitcher, detachable from the base.
- Frothed milk capacity= 8 oz. Steamed milk capacity= 12 oz
- See-through plastic lid lets you see as your milk foams.
- Auto shut-off operation.
What’s The Difference Between Capresso frothPRO and frothPLUS?
There’s only ONE difference between the two frothers, and if you look at the photo above, you’ll probably notice it right away:
- The frothPRO features a scratch resistant, ceramic coated aluminum pitcher.
- The frothPLUS has a BPA-free plastic pitcher.
That’s where the difference stops. Operation and feature wise, both are exactly the same.
How Is The Capresso frothTEC Different than the frothPro and frothPLUS?
- Apart from the design difference, the frothTEC has a larger capacity of 10 oz.
- It has brushed stainless steel exterior and glass pitcher.
Otherwise, it has the exact same features as the other two Capresso frothers.
Which Should You Buy?
We’ll certainly recommend the frothPRO over the frothPLUS and frothTEC for its durable and easy to clean pitcher. Having an aluminum pitcher doesn’t only mean more durability, but also it should be able to keep the temperature of the milk longer. If you’re looking for the largest capacity, then the frothTEC should be your choice.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review