Coffee makers with built-in grinders, which are also known as Bean to Cup coffee makers, are a great way to brewing a truly aromatic and fresh pot of coffee. While there’s always the choice of buying a coffee maker and grinder individually. some people still prefer the idea of a coffee maker with built-in grinder because it does it all automatically.
The KRUPS Personal Cafe Cafe Grind and Brew coffee maker is a great machine for anyone looking for a coffee maker that is on the smaller side but also has a built-in grinder, as most coffee makers of this kind are of large capacity.
Features of the KRUPS Personal Cafe Coffee Maker:
- GRIND AND BREW: grinds whole coffee beans to release delicious aroma and automatically brews for the freshest taste
- BREW WHOLE BEAN OR PRE-GROUND COFFEE: can either grind and brew whole coffee beans or brew pre-ground coffee
- POWERFUL STAINLESS STEEL BURR GRINDER: premium flat burr grinder with 2 settings for coarse or fine grind to suit your favorite coffee beans type. Can easily grind oily and flavored beans
- EASY TO CLEAN & DISHWASHER SAFE: Designed for easy cleaning when needed - all parts in contact with coffee can be disassembled and cleaned in a dishwasher
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: stainless steel permanent filter, KRUPS coffee scoop, cleaning brush, and glass coffee pot with fill water mark indicators
- Built in grinder grind whole beans just before brewing for a truly fresh pot of coffee.
- Allows you to use pre-ground coffee, too.
- Stainless steel burr grinder.
- Adjustable grind settings.
- ‘Bold’ brew option for a stronger tasting coffee.
- Hot warming plate with 30-minute Keep Warm function.
- Capacity: 4 cups/ 20 oz.
- Includes a permanent filter, coffee scoop, cleaning brush and glass pot.
Who Is KRUPS Personal Cafe Coffee Maker Best For?
This is a compact coffee maker that will sit nicely on any countertop.
Although it is marketed as a 4-cup coffee maker, these are measured in 5 oz per cup, so in reality, as most of us drink from larger mugs, this coffee maker will make about two large cups or one large travel mug with a bit more coffee to spare. So this is a great machine for one or two users. It is definitely not for a large family or for someone who enjoys multiple cups of coffee at a time.
I believe this coffee maker would be great for personal office use, for students dorm room or for a one-person use.
Pros of the KRUPS Personal Cafe Coffee Maker:
- High quality: the machine has a really sleek and robust design with stainless steel accents. The built-in grinder has stainless steel burrs that should remain in great condition while providing excellent results.
- Compact Design: There isn’t many compact coffee makers with built-in grinders.
- Use Grinder or Ground Coffee: just because it has a built-in grinder doesn’t mean you can’t use your favorite ground coffee anymore. This coffee maker gives you the choice of using either kind of coffee.
CONS of KRUPS Personal Cafe Coffee Maker:
- No programmability: there’s no digital clock to set up auto start brewing. The controls of the machine are rather simple, choose to either grind and brew or brew ground coffee. You can also choose BOLD for a stronger coffee flavor.
- Cleaning: as all machines with built-in grinders, maintaining and cleaning the coffee maker could be a hassle to some people. The grinder burrs will need to be cleaned often to keep functioning in the best way.
Should You Buy the KRUPS Personal Cafe Coffee Maker?
If what you’re looking for is a coffee maker with built-in coffee grinder, putting aside the small size, then the KRUPS Personal Cafe shouldn’t be your first option. For the same price or slightly more, you can get a coffee maker with built-in grinder that has a larger capacity as well as programmability. One of these is the Cuisinart DGB-625BC Grind and Brew 12-cup coffee maker:
- 12-Cup automatic coffeemaker with built-in automatic bean grinder
- Fully programmable with adjustable auto-shutoff from 0 to 4 hours, Brew Pause, 1- to 4-Cup setting, and grind-off option for using pre-ground coffee
- Charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter ensures only the freshest coffee flavor flows through.
- Includes measuring scoop and instruction booklet
- Product built to North American Electrical Standards; NOTE: Check User manual in Technical Specification before use
- it has 12-cup capacity with the ability to brew a minimum of 4 cups.
- fully programmable: Auto-on and auto-off
- Ability to use pre-ground coffee
- includes a charcoal water filter and permanent gold tone filter
So with the Cuisinart you’re getting more capacity as well as programmability. It’s more value for your dollar for sure.