Black and Decker CM5000B vs. Cuisinart DGB-625BC Grind-and-Brew, Which Is Best To Buy?
If you’re in the market for an affordable grind and brew coffee maker that is under $100 in price, the two machines we’re comparing today are definitely worth considering. We’ll be looking at the Black and Decker CM5000B and compare it to the Cuisinart DGB-625BC. Why these two? Because both are in the same price range of about $80.
Features of the Black and Decker CM5000B:
- 12-cup coffee maker with built-in coffee grinder.
- All-in-one grinder and filter design.
- Choose to use whole bean or pre-ground coffee.
- QuickTouch panel allows you to program your machine quickly and easily.
- Brew strength control: make your coffee mild or strong.
- 24hr auto brew option.
- Brew pause option allows you to temporarily stop the brewing process to pour a cup before it ends.
Features of the Cuisinart DGB-625BC:
- 12-cup coffee maker with built-in grinder.
- Fully programmable with auto on/off options.
- Brew pause option.
- Option to brew 1 to 4 cups as well as full 12 cup capacity.
- Can use pre-ground coffee instead of whole bean.
- Includes water filtration system.
The Difference Between Black and Decker CM5000B and Cuisinart DGB-625BC:
Built-in Grinder Design:
- The Black and Decker CM5000B uses an all-in-on grinder and filter design. This could make the cleaning process easier, but we’re not very sure of the quality of the grinder.
- On the other hand, the Cuisinart uses a dedicated grinder that is separated from it’s gold-tone filter.
- We all know that coffee is mostly water, and using fresh water makes all the difference. The fact that the Cuisinart has a built-in charcoal makes it possible to use tap water and the machine will automatically filter it. The Black and Decker lacks this feature.
- Both machines give you the option to adjust the strength of your brew from mild to strong. You can also pause the brew before it fully ends.
- With the Cuisinart, you can brew less than 12 cups and choose from 1 to 4 cups. The Black and Decker allows you to brew 4 cups as a minimum amount.
Which Should You Buy?
What we have here are two coffee makers that are quite similar in features. However, we do prefer the Cuisinart DGB-625BC for two reasons:
- It has a better built-in grinder that is separated from the filter, unlike Black and Decker’s 2 in 1 design.
- Its water filter should contribute a lot to a better coffee quality.
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review