Is Keurig Instant Coffee? Here’s What’s Inside Your K-Cup
Keurig is a popular single-serve coffee maker because it gives you coffee instantly, pop in a K-Cup, hit a button and there comes your coffee! But just because it gives coffee instantly, does it mean it is Instant Coffee?
Is K-Cup Coffee Instant Coffee?
First, let’s define what Instant Coffee is: It’s the type of coffee you scoop into a mug, add hot water, dissolve the coffee in the water and you’re done. It’s the cheapest and fastest way to brew a cup of coffee, but it’s not necessarily the best. Instant coffee is made of coffee crystals and powder, which are derived from brewed coffee, that’s why it can dissolve in water.
Brewing a cup of coffee using a Keurig K-Cup is just a fast as instant coffee, the machine forces hot water through the K-Cup and you get a nice cup of coffee in under a minute. This is where the confusion happens…. K-Cups are just as convenient as Instant Coffee, but it’s not instant coffee.
What’s Inside a Keurig K-Cup?
K-Cups are available from many different coffee brands: Starbucks, Green Mountain, Dunkin’ Donuts, Tully’s and many more. These K-Cups are loaded with the optimal amount of coffee ground (actual coffee ground that doesn’t dissolve in hot water), for the best cup of coffee.
[Image source: CoffeeForLess.com]
Each K-Cup has:
- An airtight seal that seals in coffee ground freshness.
- an advanced filter so the coffee ground doesn’t make it to your cup
When you hit the Brew button on your Keurig coffee maker, the machine forces hot water through the K-Cup at optimal pressure and temperature. And that’s how you get a cup of fresh coffee, instantly.
See What’s Inside a K-Cup In Video:
Want To Buy a Keurig Coffee Maker?
We’ve written many articles on many Keurig coffee makers that will hopefully help answer your questions and help you make an informed decision. Here are some suggestions:
- Should You Buy a Keurig or Keurig 2.0 Brewer?
- Comparison Between Keurig 2.0 Brewers.
- What Is The Difference Between K-Cup and Vue Pods?
- Keurig K65 vs K75
Want the Best Deals on K-Cups? Check out CoffeeForLess.com
Incoming search terms:
- is keurig instant coffee
- is keurig coffee instant
- Are K Cups Instant Coffee
- inside of k-cup
- what is inside a k cup
- are keurig cups instant coffee
- keurig instant coffe or brewed
- instant coffee vs k cup
- are k cups liquid or grounds
- do k cups have instant coffee in them
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers