Last Updated: AUGUST 2020
The VertuoPlus is one of Nespresso’s VertuoLine machines that make both espresso and coffee drinks, using Nespresso Vertuo capsules. We’re here to talk about the features of VertuoPlus, and how it’s different from VertuoLine and Evoluo machines.
Features of VertuoPlus Espresso and Coffee Maker:
- Totally redesigned machine with slightly taller and sleeker design.
- The 40 oz water tank is moveable and can be positioned at the back or on either side of the machine to suit your counter top space best.
- Motorized head opens up slowly with a push of a button, and closes down puncturing the capsule automatically (no need to force the lid down to puncture the capsules).
- Brewing parameters are adjusted automatically by the machine. The machine reads the bar code on each capsule with automatic recognition.
- Brews two cup sizes: 8 oz coffee or 1.35 oz espresso. Each cup size uses its own type of Nespresso capsule.
- Cup holder with adjustable height.
- Includes a used capsule container with automatic used capsule ejection.
Nespresso VertuoPlus vs. VertuoPlus Deluxe, What’s The Difference?
The Deluxe version of the VertuoPlus has these extra features:
- a bigger 60 oz water reservoir. Also moveable.
- It has Chome accents in its design, like in cup holder tray and the brew head button.
Apart from that, it’s the same as the VertuoPlus.
Nespresso VertuoPlus vs. Evoluo vs. VertuoLine, What’s The Difference?
The biggest difference between each machine is the design:
- The VertuoPlus has the motorized brew head and the re positionable water reservoir, which none of the other VertuoLine machines have.
- The deluxe version of the Evoluo has a water tank capacity of 56 oz, where the deluxe VertuoPlus has 60 oz capacity, so it’s truly bigger.
- Both the Evoluo and VertuoPlus have a water tank capacity of 40 oz.
- All VertuoLine machines use Nespresso’s Centrifusion technology, where the capsule spins at 7,000 spins per minute to brew the coffee. Only on the VertuoPlus the Centrifusion operation is ultra-quiet, where as with the other machines, it can get a little noisy.
Nespresso VertuoPlus vs. Vertuo NEXT, What’s The Difference?
- IMPOSSIBLY GOOD QUALITY: The only Nespresso Vertuo machine that brews 6 sizes: Coffee (5 ounce, 8 ounce, and 14 ounce), Espresso (single and double). New pour-over style caraffe (18 ounce) coffee exclusively for Vertuo Next
- QUALITY ENABLED BY TECHNOLOGY: This Nespresso Vertuo machine delivers the optimal in-cup results for each blend using capsule-specific brewing with barcode reading resulting in a silky crema atop the coffee; A signature of a truly great cup of coffee
- QUALITY MADE SIMPLE: This Nespresso machine delivers a consistent and delicious cup of coffee at a touch of a button. After brewing, the capsule is automatically ejected and stored – ready to be recycled– and the machine will turn off to save energy
- QUALITY DESIGN: Nespresso's newest innovation, Vertuo Next is the most compact, sustainable and smart Vertuo single-serve coffee maker yet. It’s made of 54% recycled materials, is only 5.5 inches wide. It also comes with a removable water tank
- QUALITY ROOTED IN SUSTAINABILITY: The aluminium sealed capsule protect the freshness of our coffee, but its also recyclable. Nespresso's recycling program makes returning and recycling your capsules easy with at-home and in-store options nationwide
Vertuo NEXT is a model that has been added to the line of Vertuo machines by Nespresso a while after the release of the VertuoPlus.
For the most part, Vertuo Next and VertuoPlus work the same way. They brew the same cup sizes, using the same technology and are compatible with the same coffee capsules. However, the first thing you’ll notice about the Vertuo Next is the updated design.
The Vertuo Next is noticeably more compact and over all more modern in design. Although it is slimmer, the water reservoir does not move to the sides of the machine, but it is fully removable. It is also made from %54 recycled materials and is packed in %100 sustainable packaging.
If there’s one real difference between the two models it is the WiFi connectivity on the VertuoNext. Being connected, the machine allows you to control your machine from an app on your phone or tablet. Also, a button on the machine allows you to order you favorite capsules with a push of a button.
So the only real difference between the VertuoPlus and VertuoNEXT is the WiFi connectivity and the aesthetic differences.
Who Should Buy Nespresso VertuoPlus?
If this is going to be your first Nespresso VertuoLine machine, then it’s absolutely worth it to go for the VertuoPlus. You’ll be getting the best design yet, while enjoying the same delicious coffee quality. But if you already have a Vertuoline or Evoluo, we don’t think it’s worth it to upgrade. All these machines brew the same VertuoLine Nespresso pods and only have the design features we listed above.
Why Are VertuoPlus Machines Listed Under Different Brand Names?
One thing you’ll notice about the VertuoPlus espresso and coffee maker is that some models are labeled with the DeLonghi brand and others are branded with Breville brand name. Is there a real difference between them?
No, there is no difference at all. Nespresso has partnered with these trusted brand names to help them in the distribution. They’re all still the same Nespresso machines. And this isn’t the first time: Nespresso has partnered with DeLonghi for their Lattissima espresso machines and with Breville for the Creatista espresso machine.