Coffee On The Go: Which Are The Best French Press Travel Mugs To Buy?
If you’re a fan of French Press coffee, you probably brew a pot of press on a hurry, pour the coffee into a travel mug and go on with your day. There’s actually a better way to do it if you want a great cup of French Press on the go, and that is by using a French Press travel mug, which is basically a lighter version of the French Press made to make your morning routine easier.
A French Press travel mug works the exact same way as a pot, so there’s no complications there. Simply add the coffee, pour in hot water, let it sit a bit and then press and go!
Here are our top 3 picks for the best rated French Press travel mugs you can buy today:
Bodum Insulated Stainless Steel Press Mug:
- Excellent for brewing coffee or tea on the go.
- Stainless steel body.
- Silicone sleeve wrapped around the mug for an easy grip.
- Vacuum sealed, double walled insulation keeps your drink’s temperature for a long time.
- Lid is spill resistant and has the plunger built into it.
- 15 ounce capacity
The Bodum press mug is available in many fun colors (for the lid and silicone grip), and also available as a plastic non-stainless steel version. But we highly recommend this one over the plastic one for more durability.
Planetary Design Desk Press Stainless Steel French Press:
- Vacuum sealed stainless steel press mug.
- 20 oz capacity.
- Mug handle.
- Plunger in a separate lid – requires lid switch before use.
- Available in different colors.
Asobu The Hot Press Vacuum Insulated Cup:
- Vacuum sealed, keeps drinks hot for 6 to 8 hours.
- 16 oz capacity.
- Built-in plunger, no need to switch lids.
- Available in many colors.
Which Of These Press Mugs Should I Buy?
We’d highly recommend the Bodum press mug as your first option for it’s cool design, the silicone sleeve around the mug is a winner. Although it’s insulated and it won’t have a hot body, it will keep it from accidental slips. The second choice would be the Asobu press mug, it is similar to the Bodum, but lacks the grip sleeve. Our least favorite would be the Planetary Design mug due to the fact that is has two lids, one with the plunger and another for covering the mug, but it still comes highly recommended by many customers.
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review