If you’re a fan of French Press coffee, you probably brew a pot of press on a hurry, pour the coffee into a travel mug and go on with your day. There’s actually a better way to do it if you want a great cup of French Press on the go, and that is by using a French Press travel mug, which is basically a lighter version of the French Press made to make your morning routine easier.
A French Press travel mug works the exact same way as a pot, so there’s no complications there. Simply add the coffee, pour in hot water, let it sit a bit and then press and go!
Here are our top 3 picks for the best rated French Press travel mugs you can buy today:
- Excellent for brewing coffee or tea on the go.
- Stainless steel body.
- Silicone sleeve wrapped around the mug for an easy grip.
- Vacuum sealed, double walled insulation keeps your drink’s temperature for a long time.
- Lid is spill resistant and has the plunger built into it.
- 15 ounce capacity
The Bodum press mug is available in many fun colors (for the lid and silicone grip), and also available as a plastic non-stainless steel version. But we highly recommend this one over the plastic one for more durability.
- Double vacuum insulation keeps your coffee hot for up to 4 hours.
- Constructed from 18/10 stainless steel walls and fine stainless steel mesh for the plunger.
- 16 oz capacity.
- Lid features a drinking spout.
- Leak proof and dishwasher safe.
- Keeps drinks hot for 4 hours, cold for 5 hours and iced for 20 hours.
- 16 oz capacity press travel mug.
- double wall insulation, made of 18/8 stainless steel grade.
- hand wash only.
- has a built-in storage to keep ground coffee or beans for later use.
- spill-proof, press drinking lid.
Which Of These Press Mugs Should I Buy?
We’d highly recommend the Bodum press mug as your first option for its cool design, the silicone sleeve around the mug is a winner. Although it’s insulated and it won’t have a hot body, it will keep it from accidental slips. The Stanley travel mug is a more rugged option and it’s perfect for any outdoorsy person who enjoys camping or hiking… this cup is as durable as they come. It’s not as fashionable or cool design wise, so it’s the best option for someone who would pick utility over design. The BruTrek is another great hiker/camper friendly design, and the built-in storage is a great addition if you choose to make your coffee later.
How To Use and Clean a French Press Travel Mug
Using a press on the go works exactly the same way as using a regular french press pot. Add in your ground coffee, add hot water, let it steep and then press down the plunger and enjoy!
Cleaning works the same as a regular press pot, too. And it’s one of my least favorite things about a press pot, I hate the cleaning process. You’ll want to make sure you scoop out the used grounds and not discard it in the drain as it could lead to a clogged drain after a while. Then you can go on with cleaning the cup and mesh filter. These can be dishwasher safe, depending on the cup you end up buying. But cleaning them by hand is easy and straightforward.