Should You Buy the OXO On Conical Burr Grinder? Here’s What We Think…
If you’re in the market for a conical burr grinder, there are certainly many great choices out there, and the OXO On Conical Burr grinder is one of them. The grinder comes packed with new cool features that give you a fantastic at home brewing experience.
Features of the OXO On Conical Burr Grinder:
- Barista Brain Grinder’s Intelligent: With its built-in scale, the grinder measures by weight instead of time, for a more precise amount of ground.
- Grind based on the number of cups you want to brew, the grinder will grind the precise amount by weight.
- One-touch dial with LED display for easy controls.
- 40mm stainless steel burrs.
- Choose from a wide range of grind settings ranging from fine to coarse.
- Built in overheat protection protects your motor, while a no-bean detector prevents the grinder from grinding with no beans in it.
- 12 oz bean hopper.
- Coffee container holds enough coffee ground to make 12 cups.
- “Trap Door” design keeps beans in when hopper is removed.
The Built-in Scale Of the OXO On Grinder:
One of OXO On’s best features is its built in scale. To get you the most precise amount of coffee, the grinder is set to grind based on weight instead of time. Meaning, when selecting to grind for 5 cups of coffee, the grinder will grind you the perfect amount by weight to brew that many cups of coffee using its pre-set grams to cups ratio. Alternatively, you can customize the settings to change the ratios, or grind your desired weight.
Watch How It Works:
OXO On Conical Burr vs. Breville Smart Grinder PRO, Which Is Best?
Image Title OXO On Conical Burr Coffee Grinder with Integrated Scale Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Cofee Bean Grinder, Brushed Stainless Steel Feature Grinder's intelligent, integrated scale measures output by weight instead of time, ensuring the precise amount of grounds every time
Grind based on number of cups you want to make or customize your brew by grinding by weight
Durable stainless steel 40mm burrs create uniform grounds for optimal brewing of a wide range of settings from fine for espresso to coarse for French press coffee
No-bean detector won't let you grind if the hopper is empty and built-in overheating prevention protects motor for long life
Hopper holds 12 oz of coffee beans and features a "trap door" to hold beans in when removed
Grounds cup accommodates enough ground coffee to brew 12 cups
Stainless Steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind
Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and consistent dose every time
16oz coffee bean capacity with locking system for easy removal, storage, and transfer of the bean hopper
Grind directly into porta filter, grinds container, gold tone filter basket or paper filter
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
At its price point, the Breville Smart Grinder Pro is closet thing to the OXO On Grinder, which makes them quite competitive. But which one makes a better choice for you?
Here are the features of the Breville Smart Grinder Pro:
- It has 60 precise grind settings from fine to coarse.
- Precision Electronic Timer allows you to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments.
- It has a 16 oz bean hopper.
- You can grind directly into a portafilter, a coffee container or a permanent filter.
- LCD display allows you to easily set your settings, from number of cups, grind settings and fineness and timer.
How Are They Different?
- Well, the biggest difference here is the fact that the OXO relies on weight for its grind while Breville’s Smart Grinder uses time control.
- The Breville Smart Grinder Pro has 60 settings for grinding, giving you a lot of room to adjust your grind exactly how you want it.
- The best feature of the OXO On Grinder is its built-in scale, which is quite useful.
Which One To Choose?
- If you’re grinding for drip coffee or french press, both of these grinder should deliver excellent results. Your only choice would be if you prefer the timer method or by-weight method for your grinding.
- When it comes for espresso grinding though, we prefer the Breville Smart Grinder Pro as it delivers more precise results. Also, it works great for both pressurized and non-pressurized portafitlers. While the OXO On doesn’t work for non-pressurized filters.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review