Keurig 2.0 Carafe: How Does It Work & How’s the Coffee Quality?
One of the biggest changes that the Keurig 2.0 introduced is the ability to brew a full carafe of coffee. All Keurig 2.0 brewers now include a carafe of 32 ounce capacity, which is about 4 cups.
With this Carafe introduction came the question, how’s the coffee quality? It is just a regular K-Cup that brews longer (which would result in watered down coffee)? Does it brew strong coffee? How does it work?
In this post:
- How Keurig 2.0 Carafe Works.
- Keurig 2.0 Carafe Coffee Quality.
- Keurig 2.0 Brewers Reviews
- How Refillable K-Carafe Pods Work.
- Thermal Keurig 2.0 Carafe
- Best Refillable K-Carafe Pods
- Best K-Carafe Samplers
Keurig 2.0 Carafe, How Does It Work?
Keurig 2.0 Carafe works exclusively with Keurig 2.0 brewers. It is made from double-wall plastic construction, with a thermal model available as a separate purchase. The carafe holds up to 4 cups of coffee, 32 ounce to be precise.
Brewing a carafe using a Keurig 2.0 brewer works the same way as brewing a cup. Place the carafe in place, it will automatically lock into the machine. It also brews through the lid for easy and convenient brewing process. When it’s done, you’ll take out the carafe and enjoy the coffee. Using the brewer’s control panel, you’ll be able to customize your coffee strength.
Keurig 2.0 Carafe Coffee Quality:
The quality of coffee for the carafe is a good as the brand you buy. Along with the Carafe, Keurig introduced K-Carafe, these are coffee pods that are especially made for carafe brewing. So in order to brew a carafe, you will NOT be using a regular K-Cup, you’ll be brewing a K-Carafe pod, which is larger and has larger amount of coffee, enough to brew 4 cups.
There are a lot of brands that sell K-Carafe pods, including Donut Shop, Folgers, Green Mountain, Tully’s and more. And if your favorite brand doesn’t offer a K-Carafe, you can use a refillable K-Carafe pod that you can fill with your favorite brand of ground coffee.
More About Keurig Brewers:
- Keurig 2.0 Brewers Reviews and Comparisons
- Best Keurig 2.0 Hacks.
- Should You Buy a Keurig or Keurig 2.0 Brewer?
How To Use the Refillable K-Carafe Pod?
There are a number of brands for refillable K-carafe, so you should always follow the directions provided on the package.
Generally though, most refillable pods work the same way:
- Fill the pod with the coffee ground, but don’t overfill.
- Do not compress the coffee ground.
- Close the lid and brew the pod as you would with any K-carafe pod.
Does The Keurig 2.0 Carafe Keep Coffee Hot?
The carafe included with the Keurig 2.0 brewer is a double-wall plastic carafe. It does NOT keep your coffee hot for too long. However, Keurig does make a thermal carafe that you can purchase separately as a replacement.
Refillable K-Carafe Pods We Recommend:
Recommended K-Carafe Sampler:
This sampler pack includes 20 K-Carafe pods from different brands and different blends so you can try and pick your favorite. Click here to learn more about it and buy it.
Incoming search terms:
- How do you make stronger coffee Keurig caraffe
- how to brew carafe keurig
- k carafe pods
- keurig 2 0 how to use carafe
- keurig carafe
- how much coffee is in a keurig carafe pod
- which kurig filter makes 32 ounces of coffee
- how does keurig 2 0 work
- how does a keurig thermal carafe work
- cant get my carafe pod to work in my keurig
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers