Keurig K65 vs. Keurig K75: Which Is The Best Keurig Coffee Maker To Buy?
Having a fresh, hot cup of coffee in the morning is the way most of us like to start our day but we don’t always have time to stop and brew a whole pot. Enter the Keurig single cup brewing machines.
Keurig single cup brewing machines are fast and convenient; brewing just the right amount of coffee in literally seconds. You load the machine with your favorite coffee pod called a K-cup, select the size and bam! You’re on your way. Keurig offers many machines to choose from as well. The two most popular Keurig machines right now are the K65 Special Edition and the K75. Here’s our quick comparison of the two machines to help you decide which is the best one for you.
Keurig K65 Special Edition vs. Keurig K75 Single-Cup Coffee Makers:
While both machines are seemingly the same, they do have different features that set them apart. We’ll highlight the differences in RED for easy comparison:
Keurig K65 Special Edition Single Cup Coffee Maker:
The K65 is a compact, stylish machine that brews tea and hot chocolate in addition to coffee. With its sleek chrome accents and innovative design, it fits into any kitchen or office decor with grace and style. Its features include:
- Brew time of under one minute
- Three cup sizes (6, 8 or 10 ounces) to customize the intensity of the flavor and to fill your favorite mug or travel cup
- Back-lit, LCD programmable message center
- A convenient, 60 oz removable water reservoir for easy filling
- Removable drip tray for easy cleanup
- Adjustable temperature control
- It also comes with water filter to remove that annoying chlorine taste and let your coffee flavor shine.
Keurig K75 Platinum Brewing System:
The Keurig K75 is a beautiful machine with a sleek design. It brews a perfect, single cup of coffee in less than 60 seconds using Keurig’s patented K-cup; no messy grounds or filters to deal with. You’re out the door in no time! The K75 does everything the K65 can do with a few more features such as:
- Side mounted, back-lit, 72 ounce water reservoir (removable)
- Lighted LCD message center with a 24 hour programmable clock
- Five cup sizes (4, 6, 8, 10 and 11.25 ounces)
Which Of These Keurig Coffee Makers Should I Buy?
Since the most notable differences between the machines are the water reservoir size and the cup size settings, consider the following:
- How many people will be using the machine? If more than one/two persons will be using the machine, then you’ll want a bigger water reservoir for less refilling.
- Does the option of cup sizes matter to you? See which cup sizes you use the most. If you brew coffee to go in a travel mug, then you’ll definitely want the Keurig K75.
What Is The Difference Between Keurig K75 And Platinum B76?
The Platinum B76 is the older version of the K75 brewer. The difference is:
- 60 oz water reservoir instead of 72 oz.
- Does NOT include a water filter like the K75.
But it does have the same settings and 5-cup size option like the K75.
What Is The Difference Between the Keurig K75 vs. K45 Elite?
The K45 Elite is smaller brewing system with less features than the K75 Platinum:
- It has a small 48 oz water reservoir vs. 72 oz for the K75.
- It has only 3 cup size options: 6 oz., 8 oz. and 10 oz
- It does not have an LCD display, only light indicators.
- It does not have water filter.
What Is The Difference Between K75 and V500?
The V500 is a Keurig Vue brewer, which is an entirely different system than the Keurig K-Cups. It uses differently shaped coffee pods that DO NOT work with K-Cup systems (all brewers mentioned above).
Should I Choose K-Cups or Vue System?
The Vue system works differently than the K-Cups system:
- With the K-Cups, the machine punctures a hole through the pod and forces hot water through it to brew the coffee.
- With the Vue, the machine follows a different method. It uses puncturing, airflow and temperature to create a more customized cup of coffee with better temperature and more flavor.
The Vue does sound like a better system, but before you jump on it, make sure all your favorite coffee brands and flavors are available as there are less Vue pod variety than K-Cups.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers