Cuisinart DBM-8 vs. KRUPS GX5000, Which Of These Grinders Under $50 To Buy?
It’s no secret that the grind of your coffee has a lot to do with how good your brewed cup turns out to be. Unfortunately, many people tend to skip on buying a grinder due to the fact that they’re usually quite expensive. However, that’s not the case when it comes to the two budget grinders we’ll be comparing today. The Cuisinart DBM-8 and KRUPS GX5000 are both under $50, which makes them a perfect buy for anyone on a budget. But which one of them should you choose? That’s what we will be answering in this post.
Features of the Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Burr Grinder:
- burr grinder that provides a consistent grind every time.
- Heavy-duty, stainless steel housing.
- Choose from 18 total grind settings. Three main settings: Fine, Medium, Coarse with 6 grind settings for each type of these grinds.
- Automatic quantity grinding: simply choose from 4 to 18 cups and the grinder will automatically grind the optimal amount for you.
- 8 oz bean hopper.
- Grind chamber holds enough coffee ground for 32 cups.
- Rotating dial allows you to easily select your grind settings and timer.
Features of KRUPS GX5000 Coffee Burr Grinder:
- Steel flat burr grinder.
- Choose from a total of 45 grind settings. 9 main settings from fine to coarse with 5 settings for each type.
- 8 oz bean hopper.
- Quantity selector: choose from 2 to 12 cups.
- Stainless steel and black plastic housing.
- Grinder is set by using two dials, a dial knob for grind settings and another dial for type of grind (fine to coarse).
What Is The Difference Between Cuisinart DBM-8 and KRUPS GX5000?
|Title||Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill||KRUPS GX5000 Professional Electric Coffee Burr Grinder with Grind Size and Cup Selection, 7-Ounce, Black|
|Feature||Elegantly styled, heavy-duty, automatic coffee mill|
Burr grinding mechanism for uniform grounds and optimum flavor
18-position grind selector, from ultra fine to coarse
Slide dial from 4 to 18 cups; capacious grounds chamber with lid
Product Built to North American Electrical Standards
|Metallic flat burr grinder for coffee lovers|
Burr mill system avoids overheating, preserves aroma and has a grind fineness selector for a precise grinding
9 grind levels: From fine (espresso) to coarse (french press) to perfectly grind for every type of coffee beverage
8 oz. Clear bean containerQuantity selector from 2 to 12 cups, to just grind the quantity you need
Auto stop safety mechanism: the unit will not grind if the bean container is empty
|Reviews||Read Reviews||Read Reviews|
|Link||More Info||More Info|
- The KRUPS GX5000 has a lot more grind settings than the Cuisinart DBM-8, with a total of 45 settings on the KRUPS vs only 18 on the Cuisinart.
- On the Cuisinart, you can automatically grind the amount of 4 to 18 cups of coffee.
- For the KRUPS, the selector allows you to choose from 2 to 12 cups.
Bean Hopper Capacity:
- Both grinders have the same 8 oz capacity bean hopper.
Which Of These Grinders Should You Buy?
- Since both the Cuisinart DBM-8 and KRUPS GX5000 are almost the exact same price (at the time of writing – kindly always check for the latest price), it will certainly come down to the features.
- We are leaning towards the KRUPS GX5000 here because of its wider grind setting selection. With a grind like this, you can really fine-tune your grind and experiment till you get the result you really want. This works for any type of brewing method, from French Press, to drip, pour-over or espresso.
Watch How They Work:
Review of the Cuisinart DBM-8 Supreme:
Common Questions & Answers:
Are The Cuisinart DBM-8 and KRUPS GX5000 Conical Burr Grinders?
No, they are not. And that’s why they’re available at such an affordable price. These grinders use flat burrs.
What’s The Difference Between a Flat Burr and Conical Burr?
A flat burr is different shape than a conical burr. Flat burrs sit on top of each other in a flat manner (hence, the name), while conical burrs are cone shaped and are nested in each other with a grind mechanism that is kind of vertical. While these burrs work differently, both can provide consistent results.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review