What Is a Dual Boiler Espresso Machine?
The term ‘Dual Boiler’ refers to an espresso machine that has two separate boilers, one for espresso extraction and another for steaming. Having a separate boiler for each task allows you to extract espresso and steam the milk at the same time, unlike a single-boiler espresso machine where there will be a short wait between each task.
This feature is normally available in commercial grade espresso machines, but there are a few options for home use. A dual-boiler espresso machine for home use is suited for some with a budget over $1000, as we’re trying to offer you the best value and features, we went on a hunt to find something that won’t break the bank but will give you everything you need for the perfect coffee at home.
The Best Dual-Boiler Espresso Machine for Home:
Our top pick for a dual espresso machine for home has got to be the Breville BES900XL, which is just a little over $1000. This semi-automatic espresso maker is packed with features that any home user would be able use, here are some of its features:
- 15 bar pressure Italian pump.
- Dual stainless steel boilers for simultaneous coffee extraction and steaming.
- Over-pressure valve limits extraction pressure for the best extraction result possible.
- Electronic temperature control for the best water temperature.
- Pre-set espresso shot volumes, can be reprogrammed. Manual option available, too.
- Backlit LCD display for easy control of the machine.
- Swivel stainless steel steam wand.
- Dedicated hot water dispenser.
- Built-in tamper.
- Pressure gauge.
- 84 oz (2.5L) removable water tank.
- Included accessories: single wall filter baskets (1 and 2 cup), dual wall filter baskets (1 and 2 cup), integrated tamper, stainless steel frothing jug, cleaning disc and tablets, cleaning tool and allen key, water filter holder and water filters (1 year supply)
Breville BES900XL vs. BES920XL: Which One Should I Buy?
You might have noticed there’s a new version of the BES900XL, the BES920XL with about $100 in price difference. What’s the difference between these two and which one should you buy?
The BES920XL is a few extra features that could be worth the extra $100 for you. It has all the features we mentioned above, plus the following:
- It allows you to adjust the steam boiler temperature, which gives you more power over your frothing.
- Shot duration timer: you can input the exact time of the shot duration you want.
- Easy at-home descaling feature.
- Razor Dose trimming: a patented accessory that gives you the perfect coffee ground trim around the portafilter. This allows for a better shot extraction.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review