Wilfa Precision Coffee Maker Review and How It Compares to Technivorm Moccamaster
If you’re looking design, form and function in a coffee maker, Wilfa Svart is something to consider. Centered around Nordic coffee tradition, where coffee is almost a religious ritual, the design of Svart is beautiful, simple and gives you an experience that you will truly enjoy.
Svart mimics the method of pour-over for brewing coffee. And unlike other automatic pour over coffee makers, Svart actually gives you the ability to control the flow rate of the coffee brew, so you can either have it drip right away, or have the coffee steep for a little bit before dripping.
Features of Wilfa Svart Precision Coffee Maker:
- Automatic filter brewer with precise temperature and water control.
- Precise heating system delivers water at 197º-205ºF temperature, which is the optimal temperature for coffee brewing.
- Detachable water reservoir with marked measurements for water to coffee ground ratio.
- Flow control: adjust the flow rate of coffee.
- Includes a glass carafe.
- Hot Warming plate to keep the coffee hot in carafe.
- Brushed stainless steel finish.
- LED display with kitchen timer and clock
Wilfa Svart Precision vs. Technivorm Moccamaster, What’s The Difference?
One of the most popular automatic pour over coffee makers is the Technivorm Moccamaster, which is an artful machine that is handmade and individually tested in the Netherlands. You can read our full article on the Moccamaster here.
The Wilfa Svart and Moccamaster do have some features in common, starting with the brewing method. Both machines do coffee pour-over style, with their showerhead water action and optimal temperature of 196 to 205 F. But let’s look more into the differences between these two machines:
- Both machines have rather beautiful designs. Svart has a unique design, where the pump and boiler all sit in the base of it. Moccamaster has an iconic retro design that many people like to have on display on their kitchen counters.
- The Svart has some details that are rather interesting:
- First, the water tank is detachable. Making it easier to simply pick up the tank and fill it up.
- Second, the measurement on the water tank show the best coffee measurement to water ratio. This makes it easier for beginners to get the coffee to water ratio correctly.
- Svart has a glass carafe as well as a hot warming plate to keep the coffee hot.
- Moccamaster is available with a glass carafe/warming plate or a thermal carafe model.
- Both coffee makers have up to 10 cups capacity, about 40 oz to 42 oz.
- Moccamaster is full handmade and tested in the Netherlands, which ensures every brewer is up to the highest standards possible. It is also available in different colors and finishes.
- We’re not sure where Wilfa Svart is made as the information is not available on their website.
- One of the great features of the Wilfa Svart is the flow control and steeping feature, which allows you to control the rate of which the brew drips.
- Moccamaster does not have a Flow Control option.
Which Is Best To Buy?
Although both coffee makers can brew an exceptional cup of coffee, we do prefer the Technivorm Moccamaster for these reasons:
- Auto drip-stop brew-basket with thermal carafe; Pre-immersion drip-style system ensures the perfect coffee bloom, produced by an ultra–precise, natural pulse action
- Simple to operate and quiet brewing process that produces a full carafe in just 4 to 6 minutes; Pre-immersion drip-style system ensures the perfect coffee bloom, produced by an ultra–precise, natural pulse action
- Unique, copper boiling element rapidly heats water to control brewing temperature between 196 to 205 degrees Fahrenheit which is important for Coffee soluble extraction, then automatically switches off when the water reservoir is empty
- Made with durable metal housings and BPA/BPS/bpf & phthalate free plastics
- Ideal water saturation time to maximize Coffee complexity, flavor and aroma – achieved through a cone shaped brew-basket design that regulates a 6 minute steep
- It is more popular. Although this isn’t a popularity competition, but what we mean here is that since the Moccamaster is more popular, then any replacement parts you might need can be more accessible. Which is an important thing to keep in mind.
- Glass/Thermal Option: with the Moccamaster, you can choose to either get a glass carafe or a thermal carafe model. Svart can only offer a glass carafe.
- Moccamaster comes with an industry leading 5-year warranty.
- Some Moccamaster models are available in many colors.
- Handmade and individually tested in Netherlands. This adds to the quality standards of the coffee maker.
Review of Wilfa Precision Coffee Maker:
Review of Technivorm Moccamaster:
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review