The popularity of coffee is continually rising, symbolically displayed by the many coffee shops popping up on our street corners and the need to have access to a variety of coffee conveniently in our own homes is growing. For those with a need for a complex coffee experience there are a host of machines that offer a complete yet time consuming way to make a cup of coffee. For those who want convenience and variety then single serve coffeemakers offer stylish, easy to use solution.
Here are three of the best rated single-serve machines available:
Ninja Coffee Bar Single-Serve System:
Type of Pod: no pods required, uses any type of coffee ground.
- Creates a variety of coffee drinks including coffee, cappuccino, latte, iced coffee drink and more.
- Built-in milk frother to create frothy milk for your coffee drinks.
- Cup sizes: Cup, XL Cup, Travel Mug and XL Multi-Serve
- Adjustable drip tray allows you to accommodate different cup sizes.
- Learn more about Ninja Coffee Bar coffee makers here.
Keurig 2.0 Coffee Maker:
Type of Pods: Keurig 2.0 K-Cup Pods, K-Mug pods and K-Carafe pods.
Keurig 2.0 coffee brewers are able to brew coffee, tea, hot chocolate and a lot of coffee and tea drinks. And it can also brew different cup sizes including cups, mugs and finally a carafe!
- Large 80 oz water reservoir capacity (also available in smaller size).
- Brews cup sizes: 4, 6, 8, 10, 12 oz.
- Brews carafe sizes: 22, 26, or 30oz (must use K-Carafe pods)
- Color LCD display with touch capability makes it easy to program your machine and customize your drink.
- Customization includes cup size, brew strength and temperature.
- Hot water on demand can be used to prepare instant meals.
- Read our full guide and comparisons between Keurig 2.0 models here.
BUNN MCU My Cafe Single Serve Coffee Maker:
- A Multi purpose single serve coffee maker.
- Includes several filters or ‘drawers’ allowing you to brew your drink using K-Cup Pods, coffee grounds, soft pods, tea bags or loose tea.
- Cup sizes 4 oz up to 14 oz.
- Pulse Brew option brews a bolder cup of coffee.
- Includes cup, ground coffee, pod and hot water drawers
- Read our comparison between BUNN MCU vs. Keurig.
Which of These Single-Serve Coffee Makers Should I Buy?
It depends on what drinks you’re looking to make and enjoy:
- If you prefer black coffee and tea, you’ll like one of the K-Cup brewers mentioned above. Although you’ll find Cappuccino and latte K-Cups, they’re not as delicious as a freshly made Cappuccino/Latte.
- If you’re more into specialty coffee drinks, then we’ll recommend a single-serve espresso maker rather than a coffee maker. A machine like Nespresso is highly recommended.
- Ninja Coffee Bar is an excellent choice for someone who doesn’t want to commit to any type of pods. Use your favorite coffee ground to make coffee as well as specialty coffee drinks.
- BUNN MCU is the most versatile among these machines.
- If you want to brew a full carafe, Keurig 2.0 is the only single-serve with this option.