If you’ve finally got around to descaling your Keurig K-Supreme Plus, but your machine is still alerting you that you need to descale your machine, it means one thing:
You’re still stuck in Descale mode and you did not do the steps correctly.
Before I tell you how to correctly descale your machine, let me tell you what went wrong and why the message is not clearing out…
Keurig K-Supreme Plus is not like older Keurigs where you have to ‘reset’ the machine after a descale. You don’t need to reset anything. You simply need to do each step of the descaling process repeatedly until the machine tells you to move on to the next step. When it has finished, the message will clear out on its own and the machine will exit the descale mode.
How To Correctly Descale Your K-Supreme Plus To Clear the DESCALE Message
Descale Solution Cycle
- Start with the machine OFF. Remove the water filter inside the reservoir if you have it. Also make sure there’s no K-Cup pod inside.
- Add in the descaling solution to your reservoir.
- Press the 8oz and 12oz buttons together for a few seconds. This will turn the machine on and the K button will start flashing and the descale message on the screen will be solid. You have now entered descaling mode.
- Press the K button for the machine to start running the water through. It will draw 12 oz of the descaling solution and will stop. You’ll notice that the message now on the machine is DESCALE and the K will start flashing again. REPEAT this step after you discard the solution that came out so your container doesn’t overflow. You’ll want to repeat this until the machine displays ADD WATER on the screen.
Fresh Water Cycle
- Now it’s time to do the fresh water rinse. First, you’ll want to clean the reservoir of the descaling solution. Then, add fresh water up to the MAX line.
- After you put the reservoir back in, the ADD WATER message will be replaced with DESCALE again.
- The K button will start flashing. Press it for the machine to start running fresh water through. REPEAT this step several times.
- The machine will do this in increments of 12 oz of water. Most of the time, you’ll have to do it 5 times. But it won’t do it continuously, it gives you time between each cycle to discard the water collected in your container. Then you’ll have to press the K button again to continue.
After those 5 cycles of fresh water, the DESCALE message will go off and the machine will turn off, too. You are now out of Descaling mode.
How To Reset K-Supreme Plus After Descaling
As mentioned earlier, there’s no need to reset the machine after descaling. It automatically exists descaling mode, if the steps have been done correctly. If you’ve done the steps above exactly as said, you’ll see the descale message disappear and it won’t turn on again until you’ve run another 250 brews.