Cuisinart EM200 vs. EM100 15 Bar Espresso Makers: What’s The Difference and Which Is Best to Buy?
While Cuisinart is known for its coffee makers, its line of products includes two great entry-level espresso makers for under $200: the EM100 and EM200. Like any smart shopper, you’re probably wondering what is the difference between these two espresso makers and which should you buy, and that’s exactly what we’ll be covering in this post.
Cuisinart EM100 vs. EM200: What Is The Difference?
Before we get into the differences, let’s have a look at their common features:
- 15 bar pump pressure
- semi-automatic espresso makers
- ability to use ground coffee of e.s.e pods
- ability to make a single or double shots at the same time.
- steam wand for milk frothing. Also works as a hot water dispenser.
- Cup warming tray for keeping cups hot and ready to use.
- Coffee scoop and tamping tool included.
- The Cuisinart EM200 has a larger water tank of 64 oz capacity. The EM100 has a 53 oz water tank capacity.
- The control panel on the EM200 features dedicated backlit buttons where the EM100 uses a knob control.
- On the EM200 you’ll find a Manual button which allows you to continue pouring Espresso for any amount you like until you manually stop it.
Which Should I Buy? The Cuisinart EM200 or the EM100?
There is no major performance difference between the two machines. Price wise, the difference is around $10 or so, which is also not major at all. Your choice should be based on how easy the machine is for you to operate, whether you prefer the knob control or dedicated buttons. The manual option of the EM200 is something to consider as well.
Was this post helpful?
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Review of Keurig K-Duo & K-Duo Plus
Breville Bambino Plus Review