Breville’s Milk Cafe frother is one of the best electric milk frother out there. But even the best appliances run into issues after a while of use. Not to worry though! Hopefully, it’s easily fixable.
Let’s have a look at the most common issues with this frother and how to fix them.
Breville Milk Frother Beeping 3 Times
This indicates that the frother is overheated. It often happens when you use the frother back to back without a break.
How To Fix
All you have to do is let the machine cool to return back to room temperature.
- Unplug the frother and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Pick up the jug, get rid of any milk if it’s full.
- Rinse the jug and the whisking (frothing disc) with cool water. Sit them aside until they dry out or dry them by hand thoroughly.
- Make sure not to plug the frother again until it has completely cooled down. Sitting it aside for at least 10 minutes should do the trick.
Frothing Disc Not Spinning
If the whisking disc is not spinning, it means that it has not been inserted correctly or has move during spinning, causing it to emergency stop.
How To Fix
- If the frother is on, turn it off.
- Discard any milk inside the jug to allow you to inspect the disc
- Using your finger, make sure the disc is seated in its place. Push it down until you feel it has locked in place.
- Try spinning the disc with your finger and see if its moving freely.
Once you ensured the frothing disc is seated in place, you can restart the frothing process.
Frother is Making a Humming Sound
This is not an issue but a safety feature. The humming sound is coming from a fan used cool the frother and prevent overheating. If the humming sound gets louder is means the fan is working on cooling the frother. If you continue to use it anyway, it will overheat eventually and you will hear the three beeps mentioned above.
The Frother Is Not Heating
This problem usually happens when the jug isn’t properly attached to the base of the frother, or if you have not started the operation correctly.
How To Fix
- Make sure the jug is correctly sitting on the base
- Make sure the jug is clean on the outside. Sometimes, milk residue would stick to the outer parts or bottom of the jug, creating a blocking surface and not allowing electricity to reach the jug.
- Make sure you have started the frother by pressing the dial. If you see the light around the button flashing, it means it is operating correctly.
- Ensure that you did not accidentally lower the temperature setting. Check to see if you have selected your desired temperature correctly.
Frother Is Not Making Foam
If the frother is not foaming the milk, or the foam is not as you desired, it could be due to three things:
- You have used warm milk,
- You have used alternative milk
- You have added high density ingredient to the milk
How To Fix
- No matter which type of milk you are using, always use cold refrigerated milk.
- When using Almond, soy or any type of milk alternative, keep in mind that the results will always vary from one brand to another. If you can, pick a type that has been specially formulated for coffee use.
- If you are adding ingredients like chocolate flakes or thick syrups, these always affect the density of the foam. To avoid this, you can add the syrup after frothing instead of during the frothing process.
Ingredients Are Not Melting When Added
One of the great things about the Breville milk cafe is that it allows you to add ingredients to the milk as it froths. But, there’s a recommended way to do it. If done incorrectly, the ingredients won’t melt.
How To Fix
- Don’t add the ingredients until the milk has warmed up. Give the frother a few seconds to heat the milk then add your ingredients slowly.
- If you are using solid ingredients like chocolate for example, don’t add in a full block. Break it to small pieces first. Syrups and powders should be added slowly.
Frother is Making Grinding Noises
This happens when the disc has moved during the frothing, or has not been inserted correctly. It also happens when the jug has been removed from the base while it’s frothing.
To avoid this noise, never remove the jug while it’s still frothing. You can stop the frothing first by pressing the start/stop button then pick the jug up.
Before you start the frothing process, make sure that the frother is seated correctly in its place.
How To Clean Your Breville Milk Frother
Keeping your frother clean is one of the best things you can do to ensure it runs without any problems.
Clean your frother after every use. And never let the milk dry inside the frother jug before washing so you can avoid burnt milk situation.
The milk jug and disc are dishwasher safe. So you can toss them in the dishwasher for a thorough clean. Or you can clean them manually using tap water and soap. The jug is stainless steel, it doesn’t use any special nonstick coating, so it’s fairly easy maintenance.
The frother base should never be submerged in water or any other liquids. You can simply wipe it clean using damp cloth. And always make sure it is, as well as the milk jug, fully dry before use.