Breville BMF600XL Milk Café vs. Nespresso Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother: Which Is Best?
Two of the most popular electric milk frothers on the market right now are the Breville Milk Cafe and Aeroccino by Nespresso. These two units give you delicious froth for a Cappuccino or Latte with a simple touch of a button, with the ability to create hot or cold froth. But which of them is best for you to buy?
Breville Milk Cafe vs. Nespresso Aeroccino, What’s The Difference?
Image Title Breville BMF600XL Milk Cafe Steel Milk Frother Nespresso 3694-US-BK Aeroccino3 Milk Frother, One Size, Black Nespresso Aeroccino Plus Feature Latte frothing disc for smooth and silky milk. Please review the Product Videos under the images before use.
Cappucino frothing disk for thick and creamy froth
Hot chocolate maker, by simply adding drinking chocolate powder, flakes or syrup to the warming milk
On-board disc storage
Product uses induction heating, you can simply place the jug in the dishwasher for easy cleaning.
Rapid one touch preparation of hot or cold milk froth
1 button for all preparations, 1 second button pressure for hot milk or hot milk froth, 2 second button pressure for cold milk froth
Maximum hot & cold milk froth capacity: 4.1 oz. Maximum hot milk capacity: 8.1 oz
Auto shut off when finished
Maximum capacity: 130 ml (for milk froth preparation), 250 ml (for hot milk preparation)
Hot and cold milk froth for cappuccinos,hot milk for lattes
Maximum and minimum level indicators
Hot milk froth in 70 sec
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info More Info
Price wise, the Aeroccino is a little under $100 while the Breville makes a more expensive choice with around $30 price difference (as of the time of writing this post, prices may change), which might make the Aeroccino more popular. However, when it comes to features, the Breville can give you a lot more than the Aeroccino, which justifies that price difference right away.
- The Aeroccino takes up to 130ml of milk max for froth preparation and 250 ml for milk heating without froth.
- As for the Breville, it has a higher capacity (max being 750 ml or 3 cups and minimum is 1 cup).
- The Aeroccino has two whisks one for cappuccino and one for latte.
- The Breville Milk Cafe has two whisks for thick Cappuccino froth and smooth Latte froth. With on-board storage for whisks.
- The Aeroccino is very basic to use. Hit a button to get either hot or cold froth within 70 seconds.
- The Breville is just as easy to use, but gives you more options. You can select your desired temperature, from warm to hot or cold. You can also create hot chocolate by adding chocolate sauce, powder or shaving directly to the frother.
- The Breville Milk Cafe has a sensor that knows if you’ve filled it over the max capacity and it won’t operate if it’s over-filled.
- The Aeroccino features a detachable base, stainless steel interior but it is NOT dishwasher safe.
- The Breville Milk Cafe uses induction heating element with a detachable stainless steel pitcher that is fully removable and dishwasher safe. Making it a lot easier to use and clean.
- Both units have clear lids so you can look through as your milk froths.
Watch it in action:
Which Is Best, The Breville Milk Cafe or Aeroccino Plus?
We definitely prefer the Breville Milk Cafe as it gives you more bang for your buck. It has features that aren’t available in other frothers like: Control of temperature, hot chocolate preparation and induction heat. It has the largest capacity, and being dishwasher safe is also a plus.
Got a question about the Breville Milk Cafe? We probably have your answer here!
Aeroccino Plus vs. Aeroccino 3, What’s the Difference?
The Aeroccino 3 is the upgraded model of Aeroccino Plus, which is now a discontinued model. Both frothers perform the same tasks of creating hot or cold froth as well as just heating milk.
The design of the Aeroccino 3 is totally different from the Aeroccino Plus, which had a stainless steel body and a handle. Now, the Aeroccino 3 has a cool-to-touch body so the handle is not required anymore.
The other difference is in the whisk. The Aeroccino 3 has a single whisk with a small detachable part that converts it from a cappuccino whisk to a latte whisk. The Aeroccino Plus had two separate whisks to do that.
What About Aeroccino 4 vs. Aeroccino 3, What’s the Difference?
The Aeroccino 4 has a beautiful design. Although Aeroccino 3 has not been discontinued, the Aeroccino 4 offers more options. You can read our full comparison between the Aeroccino 3 and 4 in this post.
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Pots
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers
Breville Bambino Plus Review