What Is The Best Cup On-Demand Coffee Maker To Buy?
Before we get to the best on demand coffee makers, let me first clarify what is an on-demand coffee maker and how it works:
Unlike usual coffee makers that include a carafe that holds the coffee until you drink it, an on-demand coffee maker, also known as a dispensing coffee maker, holds the coffee in a tank within the machine and keeps it hot there. When you want coffee, you’ll simply push a lever to dispense as much coffee as you want.
Is an On-demand Coffee Maker Better than a Regular Coffee Maker?
It is better in two ways:
- There’s less parts to worry about. No need to worry about glass carafe replacements.
- The coffee tastes better and less burnt than a coffee that’s been sitting on a burner for a while.
But How Do You Clean an On-Demand Coffee Maker?
Good question! The internal coffee tank in an on-demand coffee maker is detachable, so you simply pick it up, wash it and place it back. It’s that simple.
Best On-Demand Coffee Makers:
Here’s the two top-rated on demand coffee makers we found –
KRUPS KM9008 Cup on Request Programmable Coffee Maker with Precise Warming Technology – 12-Cup Capacity:
- Fully programmable coffee maker with timer, cup size selection, aroma selection (coffee strength) and more.
- Precise Warming Technology: a dual heating system that keeps coffee hot and tasting consistent for up to 4 hours from brew time.
- Holds up to 12 cups of coffee.
- Choose from small, large or manual dispensing options.
- Weekday/weekends settings.
- Front facing water window for easy level monitoring.
- 3-position adjustable drip tray accommodates cups of different sizes, including travel mugs.
- Includes water filteration system.
Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker:
- Programmable coffee maker with 12 cup capacity.
- Coffee gauge shows amount of available coffee.
- Press lever to dispense coffee.
- Removable drip tray. Accommodates travel mugs as well as other cup sizes.
- 1-4 cup settings allows you to adjust the temperature and coffee strength settings for when you’re brewing less than 5 cups.
KRUPS Cup on Request vs. Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffee-on-Demand, Which Should You Buy?
So, which of the two machines we’ve mentioned above should you buy? Here’s a quick comparison between them:
Image Feature Dispenses one cup at a time with an easy-to-use actuator
Press the lever to fill your cup
Removable water reservoir
Double-wall coffee reservoir holds twelve 5 oz. cups of coffee
Removable coffee reservoir for easy cleanup
Programmability for large and small cup sizes; aroma selection for more intense extraction
Programmabilityg for weekday and weekend settings
Precise Warming Technolog for constant and regulated temperature with countdown timer to let you know the time since brewing completed
Removable, stainless steel 12-cup water tank; front facing water window; angeled control; immediate flow stop
3 position adjustable drip tray accommodates for multiple size cups and travel mugs; DuoFilter water filtration system; 1100 watts; 2 year worlwide warranty
Title Cuisinart DCC-3000 Coffee-on-Demand 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker KRUPS KM9008 Cup on Request Programmable Coffee Maker with Precise Warming Technology, 12-cup, Black Height 11.3 inch 14.56 inch Weight 9 pound 9.9 pound Width 14.6 inch 9.92 inch Length 8.7 inch 14.01 inch Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
Mainly, both machines work in a similar style and hold the same capacity of coffee. However, the KRUPS does offer more customization and programmablity:
- For starters, it has automatic dispensing as well as manual.
- It offers different aroma settings for you to adjust the strength of your coffee.
- Its re-positionable drip tray, while it may sound like a trivial feature, it great for eliminating splashing when using different cup sizes.
- And it does keep the coffee hot for a rather long time.
The Cuisinart does offer some of those features, but it isn’t as customizable or flexible as the KRUPS. It is more budget-friendly when it comes to price-range, so you’ll definitely be getting what you pay for, either with the KRUPS or the Cuisinart.
One last questions, is there an on-demand coffee maker with built-in grinder?
As of the time of this post, June 2014, there are none. So you’ll have to purchase your grinder separately.
Incoming search terms:
- on demand coffee maker
- cuisinart coffee on demand reviews
- on demand coffee makers
- coffee makers that dispense one cup at a time
- coffee on demand coffee maker
- coffee maker cup on demand
- top rated on demand coffee makers
- KRUPS KM9008 Programmable Coffee Maker with Precise Warming Technology
- krups on demand coffee makers
- looking for coffee maker on demand
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers