Top Rated Conical Burr Grinders For Espresso and French Press
What Is a Conical Burr Grinder? And How Is It Different Than Other Coffee Grinders?
A conical burr grinder is different than other grinders in how it works and processes the beans. Pictured above is the blade of a conical burr grinder. The major difference in how it works is that a conical burr grinder works slowly in grinding the beans, which provides a more consistent grind. This allows to preserve the aromas and oils in the beans, and therefore, when brewing it, you get the most tasteful and aromatic cup of coffee.
Best Conical Burr Grinders You Can Buy:
Here are three of the best types of coffee grinders available on the market today, all providing you with the ability to make barista style coffee in your own home. As you’re able to adjust the grind settings on these grinders, they’re perfect for grinding beans for any brewing method, french press (coarse grind) espresso (fine grind) or anything in between!
Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder:
- Top of the range coffee grinder.
- Sleek design allows it to suit any environment.
- Backlit LCD screen shows grind setting, number of cups and customized ground amount.
- Twenty-five grind settings including French press, drip, percolator and espresso coffee.
- The most powerful and best conical burr grinder.
- Auto dosing system can calibrate each dose for maximum convenience.
- Air tight lid and locking system ensure the coffee beans remain fresh while inside.
- Comes with two portafilter cradles, grind container and cleaning brush.
Bodum Bistro Electric Conical Burr Coffee Grinder:
- Modern design and available in black, orange, red, green and white to suit your kitchen.
- Fourteen grind settings to ensure grinds are at the consistency required, from coarse to fine.
- Borosilicate glass catcher and glass lid keeps the coffee grounds from bouncing around.
- The burr grinder is fully adjustable, delivering the proper grind for your personal brewing method.
- Timer and quick grind buttons allow you to set the exact amount of grinding needed.
- Capacity allows it to act as coffee bean storage, saving space.
Capresso Infinity Conical Burr Grinder:
- Small, convenient size, makes it ideal for storage and small everyday grinding needs.
- Sixteen grind settings to provide perfect consistency.
- Commercial grade conical burrs ensures maximum flavor.
- Container holds 8 ½ ounces, grounds container hold 4 ounces, perfect for home use.
- Built in timer can be set from 5 to 60 seconds.
- Cleaning brush and measuring scoop included.
What’s The Difference Between Breville Smart Grinder vs. Bodum Bistro?
Other Breville Smart Grinder Comparisons:
We compare the Breville Smart Grinder to Baratza Encore, you can read about it here.
A comparison between the Smart Grinder and Capresso’s Infinity can be read here.
The difference between Smart Grinder and Rancilio Rocky is available here.
More general info about conical burr grinders:
Incoming search terms:
- best burr grinder for french press coffee
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers