Nespresso Machines Explained: How It Works, The Difference Between Them and Which One Is Right For You
We’ve already established the fact that Nespresso is one of the best single-serve espresso machines available right now on the market. But, as you go on to find a Nespresso machines, you’ll find so many models that are seemingly the same, but have different names. So what we’ll do here is break it all down for you; the best models, the difference between them, how they work, and everything in between.
Before we get into the details, there this one thing you should keep in mind:
All Nespresso machines basically work the same way. The differences come in few features but not in the overall how of it works.
Now we’ve got that out of the way, let’s explore how a Nespresso machine work (video shows the Nespresso U in action):
A Nesprsso machine, or a single-serve machine for that matter, is the easiest, most convenient way to make a shot of espresso or a nice cup of coffee. How it works is very simple:
- You’ll insert a coffee capsule into the machine. The capsule has a pre-measured amount of coffee that will make you a perfect shot every time.
- Once the capsule is in place, you’ll press the button for your desired drink: Espresso or Lungo.
- The machine will automatically use as much water needed for your desired drink.
- And within seconds, you’ll have your drink ready!
We told you it’s simple!
The Most Popular Nespresso Machines:
There are many Nespresso machines, but there are three that stand out and seem to be the most popular: Nespresso CitiZ, Nespresso Pixie and Nespresso U.
Note: The Inissia is worth considering as its the newest addition in the Nespresso Original Line.
We will discuss the difference between each machine in details in a later post. But to give you an idea, the difference comes in features like:
- Different water tank sizes.
- Difference in machine size and design.
- Milk frother, either built-in or stand-alone.
These differences can affect how you experience your Nespresso machines. They’ll also affect the price of the machine, so if you’re on a budget, it will have say in which one is the right one for you.
Nespresso Coffee Capsule Availability:
Of course, you’ll be interested to know how available are the Nespresso capsules to you before you commit to the machine.
Great news! They’re quite available!
You have many choices at buying the capsules, either directly from Nespresso (where you can even set up automatic shipments!) or many Vendors you’ll find online, including on Amazon and eBay.
But it’s worth mentioning that Nespresso machines are only compatible with Nespresso capsules. There are a few options for refillable capsules that you can fill with your preferred coffee. But they’ve been very poorly reviewed, it’s not worth it at all. You’ve got nothing to worry about anyway. Nespresso capsules taste absolutely delicious (Arpeggio is a personal favorite of mine!).
Which Nespresso Machine Is Right One For You?
That is actually a question that we can’t answer for you. What we can do, however, is compare the machines for you and let you know the features of each machine, and that will help you make a better decision!
So hop over to the next post to see a comparison between the Nespresso U, Pixie and CitiZ.
Incoming search terms:
- how does nespresso work
- nespresso machine
- how to use nespresso machine
- nespresso machines
- How does a nespresso machine work
- difference between nespresso machines
- how nespresso machine works
- how nespresso works
- how does nespresso machine work
- how to use a nespresso machine
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers