If you’re a fan of Siphon or Vacuum coffee brewing but found the method to be a little too complicated for you to do at home, then this Kitchenaid brewer has a lot to offer you. KitchenAid’s Siphon coffee brewer offers you fully automated Siphon coffee brewing that results in an authentic and delicious coffee brew. Keep on reading to learn more about this great brewer.
Features of the KitchenAid Siphon Coffee Brewer:
- Automatic Siphon coffee brewing through vacuum technology.
- Brews 3 to 8 cups.
- Works just like the traditional method, without the hassle on your part.
- Made of premium glass construction with some stainless steel accents.
- Magnetic lock keeps the carafe and brewing unit securely locked together.
- Set includes: a stand to hold the brewing unit, a lid to cover the carafe once coffee is ready to serve. Coffee brush and scoop, 360 rotating base, reusable stainless steel filter and a pack of cloth filters.
How Does The KitchenAid Siphon Brewer Work?
One of the best things about Siphon brewing is watching the process take place. It is a very theatrical process that is entertaining to watch. Here’s how it works:
- The brewing unit at top is where the coffee ground goes.
- The bottom carafe is where your water goes.
- When switched on, the vacuum will start to suck the water up into the top chamber.
- Some coffee brewing magic happens at this point….
- Then, watch the coffee gets pushed down into the bottom carafe, while the coffee ground remains on top.
Confused? It is something you have to watch for yourself… watch the following video:
What Are the Pros and Cons To Using KitchenAid’s Siphon Coffee Maker?
- If you’re a fan of Siphon brewing, you’ll find this KitchenAid VERY simple to use in comparison to traditional Siphon brewers.
- Unlike traditional Siphon, you don’t need a burner to heat the water. The machine does it with a switch of a button.
- The carafe is great for serving coffee right away.
- It’s a little difficult to clean, it is NOT dishwasher safe.
- Unlike drip coffee makers, there’s no burner that keeps the coffee hot. But this goes for all Siphon coffee makers.
Who Should Buy The KitchenAid Siphon Coffee Brewer:
If you’re a fan of Siphon brewing, or if you’re looking to experience a new way of enjoying coffee, you’ll love this brewer. The coffee brew isn’t you average drip machine’s, it tastes lighter and cleaner, so you’ll definitely be trying something new here. However, you have to be dedicated to the messy cleanup process afterwards, which is our only complaint about Siphon brewing.
Incoming search terms:
- kitchenaid coffee maker siphon
- kitchenaid siphon
- type of coffee to use with the kitchenaid siphon
As a fan of Vacuum coffee brewing method, you’ve probably came across Bodum’s Pebo coffee maker. You might have also seen the Santos, also by Bodum, which is also a Vacuum brewer that looks exactly like Pebo.
Is Bodum trying to confuse you in some way? What is the difference between Pebo and Santos and why do they look identical?
Let’s start by confirming that Bodum only means well. Pebo and Santos are the exact same product, they’ve only decided to change the name from Santos to Pebo but everything else remains the same. As it’s a excellent vacuum coffee maker, no changes are needed to the design, and whether you buy it under the name Santos or Pebo, you’re getting the excellent Bodum has built into this product.
Here are the features of Pebo Vacuum Coffee Maker:
- 34-ounce coffee maker. Can make up to 8 cups at a time.
- Designed to extract all oils from coffee, resulting in an exceptional taste.
- The vacuum brewing process is entirely sealed off so no aroma can escape.
- Brewing time takes 4 to 11 minutes, depending on the amount brewed.
- Brewing time is calibrated with temperature to ensure the best brew every time.
- Made of heat-resistant, durable glass.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Included with your purchase: coffee scoop and resting stand.
What Kind of Heat Source Can the Bodum Pebo (Santos) Be Used With?
According to its manual, the Pebo coffee maker can be used with a gas or electric stovetop. An alcohol burner can be used as well. When using a gas stove, a heat diffuser is not required, but it is recommended. Unfortunately, it will not work with an induction cook top.
How To Use Bodum Pebo Coffee Maker:
Pebo doesn’t only make you a delicious cup of coffee, but it’s also quite entertaining to watch. Gather your friends around the stove and watch their reactions over how it works. Here’s a video that explains the process:
Bodum Santos vs. Yama Glass Siphon Coffee Maker: Which Is Best?
Both Bodum’s Santos (or Pebo) and Yama’s Glass make great budget-friendly vacuum coffee makers. The Yama coffee maker works exactly like the Santos, the differences are all in the design:
- Yama has a 40 oz capacity, but it also advertised to make 8 cups like the Santos. Also available as 22 oz (5 cups).
- The handle on the Yama is different in design than Bodum’s. So you should consider which design would be more comfortable for you to handle.
- It works on gas and electric stove tops, and it includes a wire diffuser for use with electric tops.
- It also includes a cloth filter and a coffee scoop.
- The lid on the Yama doubles as a holder.
- It is dishwasher and microwave safe.
Should You Choose Bodum or Yama?
This is a tough one to choose as we see no difference in the process of making the coffee. Your choice will most likely be based on price and the design itself.
Here’s a video of the Yama Glass coffee maker in action:
Incoming search terms:
- bodum santos
- Bodum’s PEBO Vacuum Brewing System Set with Gas Burner
- can bodum pebo put on the induction
- pebo bodum
- pebo glass pot
- santos bodum
Vacuum coffee maker, also known as a Siphon or Syphon, is a coffee brewing method that uses two pots where water vapor pressure and vacuum come together in a magical way to produce a truly fresh and aromatic pot of coffee.
Why Should You Use a Vacuum Coffee Maker?
This coffee brewing method is not for someone who is looking for a quick and convenient cup of coffee. If that’s what you’re looking for, a single-serve coffee maker would be your brewing method of choice. Vacuum coffee makers are for true coffee nerds; it requires time and precise measurements to get it right. It also involves all your senses in the making of this coffee: the aroma of the coffee, watching the process take place, touching and moving the pot to get things right…. it is a truly pleasant thing to experience for a coffee lover.
Never seen a Vacuum coffee maker in action? Watch this video:
How Do You Use a Vacuum Siphon Coffee Maker At Home?
You’re probably guessing by now, how easy is it to use this brewer at home? It looks complicated, but it’s not.
There are two types of Siphon coffee makers:
- There’s the stovetop type, which basically sits on your stovetop and does not require any additional tools to use.
- Then there’s the traditional Siphon, which requires a burner to go under it. You’ll be able to set it up right above your stove burner at home without any problems. Also, the brewers we’re featuring here come with their own burner, so you can use that, too.
Does Siphon Coffee Really Taste Better?
Because of how the brewing works in a siphon coffee maker, aromas arise is a way different in any other coffee brewing methods. This aroma contributes to the overall taste of the coffee. When done right, you should be able to taste a really rich and aromatic cup of coffee. It might take a few tries for you to get it right, but once you do, you’ll understand how it’s all worth the time and effort.
Now let’s get to our main subject. We’ve gone and found you the best vacuum coffee makers that won’t break the bank so you can start experimenting like the true coffee geek you are!
Best Vacuum Coffee Makers Under $100:
Bodum Santos Stovetop Glass Vacuum 34-Ounce Coffee Maker:
- Easy to use, stovetop vacuum coffee maker.
- Made from heat-resistant glass.
- Carafe handle always stays cool to touch.
- Carafe stopper keeps coffee warm.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Includes coffee scoop and resting stand.
Hario “Technica” 5-Cup Coffee Syphon:
- Imported from Japan.
- Made from durable heat resistant glass.
- Includes a burner, can also be placed on top of stove burner.
- Makes up to 5 cups of coffee.
Yama Coffee Siphon Vacuum Pot:
- 20 ounce (also available as 15 ounce) capacity.
- Made of heat resistant glass.
- Includes a soot free alcohol burner.
- Can be used with stove burner.
Incoming search terms:
- best siphon coffee maker
- Best Syphon Coffee Maker
- siphon coffee maker
- vacuum coffee maker review
- hario technica review
- the best Syphon Coffee Brewer
- siphon coffee makers
- best vacuum coffee maker
- vacuum coffee maker
- best coffee siphon
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers