If you’re a fan of Pour-Over coffee and want a beautiful setup to put on display on your kitchen counter, here’s the good news: you don’t have to spend a fortune for the best setup! We found some great pour-over drippers by Japanese brand Osaka that look simply beautiful, made from quality materials and are worth their money, for sure!
Osaka “Lake Mashu” Pour-over dripper with Wood Stand Set:
The Osaka Lake Mashu consists of a stainless steel cone filter, a stand with a wooden base and a 4-cup glass carafe. The carafe is made from borosilicate glass, which is resistant to thermal shock, it also does not absorb any odors, chemicals or residue. And while it can make a max of 4 cups, it has markings for 2 cups (9 oz) 3 cups (13.5 oz) and 4 cups (18 oz), with a full capacity of 20 oz. You can choose your favorite wood color: natural, Mahogany or black.
Osaka “Kaiyukan Gold” Tripod Pour Over Set:
This set has a different feel and aesthetic than the previous set, but it’s still as beautiful with it’s luxurious gold and brown tones! The set includes a gold stainless steel cone filter, a gold stand, a wooden base and a 20 oz carafe accented with cold metal and a brown wooden handle. The glass carafe is marked for 2 cups, 3 cups or 4 cups. Unlike the previous set, it is available only in one shade of wood.
Osaka Mount Zao Pour Over Coffee Station:
This set comes with an entirely different aesthetic, perfect for someone who wants the more classic pour-over look. The Mount Zao set includes a base with a metal stand, a stainless steel cone filter, and a 20-oz all-glass carafe.
Why Choose Osaka Pour-Over Home Set?
There are many pour-over sets available to buy, but here’s why these Osaka sets won our hearts:
- Beautiful designs that reflect the traditional Japanese style combining natural wood with metal.
- The stainless steel cone filters mean you don’t ever have to buy a paper filter again.
- They are very reasonably priced, making them a great set either for personal use or as a gift.
If you’ve chosen Pour-over as your preferred coffee brewing method, you’ve probably noticed that it requires a special kind of a kettle, it is called a Gooseneck kettle, or simply pour over kettle.
In a Hurry? Jump To:
Why You Should Use a Gooseneck Pour Over Kettle:
Truth is, if you use a regular kettle, you’ll still be able to make your pour over coffee just fine. But why is a Gooseneck kettle so important when it comes to pour over?
- When you manually brew your coffee, you need to slowly pour in the water. A pour over kettle is designed to give you control over the water flow, unlike a regular kettle which will flood in all the water unevenly.
- Having a steady flow of water and maintaining it helps create a more balanced cup of coffee.
And that’s exactly why you need a pour over kettle. It’s especially designed to create that stead water flow with its long, tipped spout and long, easy to hold handle.
What To Look For in a Pour Over Kettle:
There are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the best pour over kettle for you:
– Manual or Electric?
- Decide if you want to place your kettle over a cook top, the traditional way, or if you want an electric kettle. Keep in mind that pour-over requires a certain temperature of hot water. So if you’re going with manual, then you’ll have to monitor the temperature yourself, if you go for an electric kettle, then it’s much easier since you’ll be able to set the temperature you want.
– The Design:
- Make sure the design of the handle look comfortable for you and will give you a good grip of the kettle.
- Make sure the lid is tight enough that it will not fall while you pour the water.
- Material wise, most kettles are made of stainless steel, but you’ll want to make sure that it is compatible with your cook top surface, especially if you’re using Induction Heating.
Best Electric Pour Over Kettles:
Bonavita Variable Temperature Digital Gooseneck Kettle:
- Capacity: 1 Liter.
- 1000 watts, quick heating.
- Select your desired temperature.
- LCD screen displays temperature in real time.
- Can hold temperature for up to 60 minutes.
- Count-up timer helps you with your brewing process.
Hario Buono Electric Pour Over Kettle:
- Capacity: 1 Liter.
- Cordless kettle.
- Electric cord storage under base.
- Imported from Japan.
- Light indicator.
Bonavita Electric Kettle vs. Hario Buono Electric Kettle, Which One To Buy?
We certainly recommend the Bonavita over the Hario for many reasons:
- The Bonavita is variable temperature, allowing you to set the temperature you want, and it’s able to hold it for up to an hour.
- It gives you real time reading of the temperature and helps you with a count up timer when brewing.
Bonavita Electric Kettle:
Hario Electric Kettle:
Best Manual Pour Over Kettles:
Hario V60 Buono Pour Over Kettle:
- 1.2 Liter capacity.
- Makes 3 or 4 cups of coffee.
- Compatible with all stoves including: gas, electric and Induction.
- Easy to hold handle with noticeable space between it and the kettle to keep your hand from the heat.
- Stainless steel lid with silicone handle.
- 1 Liter capacity.
- Brushed stainless steel body.
- Can be used with Induction heating, gas or electric stove.
- Heat resistant handle grip.
- Dishwasher safe.
Fino Pour Over Kettle:
- 1.2 Liter Capacity.
- Made in Japan.
- High quality stainless steel body.
- Angled handle to keep hand away from heat.
- Induction ready.
Hario V60 Buono Kettle:
Incoming search terms:
- best pour over kettle
- 1 L vs 1 2L hario kettle
- best pour over kettle 2016
- best pour over kettle coffee
- electric pour over kettle
- hario buono vs bonavita
- induction pour over kettle
If you’re looking for a unique, handmade product then Etsy is the place to go. When we thought of featuring beautiful wooden stands for pour-over coffee, a quick search on Etsy gave us some great results. Here are our favorite stands:
The 501 Pour-over and Aeropress Brewing Stan:
A classic design, handmade from Walnut wood. The stand is designed to hold a pour-over cone or an Aeropress brewer and give you maximum stability while brewing. You can buy the stand alone, or you can add: a scale, a V60 Hario brewer and filters or buy the entire set.
Reclaimed Wood Coffee Brewing Station:
Artfully designed, this stand combines the beautiful nature of wood with the sleekness of aluminum. Each stand is created from reclaimed wood that has aged naturally, which gives it a unique rustic look. The stand is sold on its own or with a glass dripper set.
Oak Chemex and Pour Over Stand:
Crafted from red Oak hardwood, this stand holds a dripper as well as a Chemex decanter. None of the coffee brewing gadgets are included with the stand.
Reclaimed Wood Coffee Stand:
This stand is reclaimed from a 120 yrs barn siding. The design of the stand shows off the natural beauty of the wood, and each piece has its own unique look.
Incoming search terms:
- handmade wooden coffee dripper
Pour-Over coffee is a popular manual coffee preparation method preferred by many coffee snobs around the world. It also happens to be the least expensive way to prepare a fresh and delicious cup of coffee, but it can be time consuming. Yet, many people enjoy the coffee preparation ritual, myself included!
How Pour-Over Works:
It’s a really simple dripping method using a cone-like dripper placed on top of your carafe or cup. Using a special gooseneck kettle, the user slowly pours water over the ground coffee in the dripper, manually controlling the speed and time of which the coffee takes to drip. This method allows for slow extraction of the coffee beans, giving you the most flavorful cup of coffee. Of course, you’ll have to use high quality coffee beans, freshly ground, for the best results.
See how it works in this video:
The Hario V60 Dripper, The Clever Dripper and How They’re Different:
One of the most popular tools for pour-over coffee is the Hario V60 coffee dripper, a Japanese made dripper available in different sizes. Pour-Over drippers are available from different brands but the Hario remains the most popular. Another popular coffee dripper is called the Clever, which is also a pour-over dripper but with a twist. Here’s the difference between them:
Hario V60 Dripper:
- Ceramic Japanese pour-over dripper. Also available in Plastic.
- Ceramic helps preserve the brew’s temperature and is better to use than plastic.
- Brews 1 to 3 cups at a time.
- Uses size 02 paper or cloth filters.
- Need a stand for your Hario Pour-Over? Here are some ideas.
The Clever Dripper:
- Works like pour-over: pour the water over the coffee beans in the filter.
- Unlike the Hario, the water can be poured all at once.
- Shut-off valve keeps the coffee to steep inside the dripper without dripping.
- After your preferred time for steeping has passed, simply place the dripper over a cup of carafe and the coffee will start to pour down.
- Made of BPA-free plastic.
- Includes a coaster and a lid.
Pour-Over vs. Immersion Coffee Preparation Method, What Is The Difference?
By reading the description for the Hario (pour-over) and Clever (immersion) drippers, you should have a slight idea of the difference between them:
- With Pour-over coffee, you’re slowly pouring water over coffee to control how the coffee extracts, steeps and drips. The coffee starts dripping almost immediately after you start pour in the water.
- With Immersion coffee, the dripper has a shut-off valve that allows you to pour in all the water at once without having the coffee drip right away. What happens is the coffee grounds starts to immerse in water and continues to steep for as long as you like – kind of like French Press, but instead of pressing down the beans, your coffee will drip and the beans will be filtered, leaving you with a cleaner and more crisp cup of coffee.
You’ve seen how pour-over works in the video above, here’s how immersion coffee works using the Clever dripper:
Which Should I Buy? The Hario or Clever Dripper?
Both drippers produce a delicious cup of coffee. However, the Hario requires a bit more work on your part. So if you’re up for the slow pour-over of water with a timer in your hand, you’ll have a lot of fun with it. The Clever Dripper, on the other hand, is easier and quicker to use thanks to the fact that you pour in the water all at once. Also, any kettle can be used for the Clever, and even though which kettle you use for the Hario is up to you, a gooseneck kettle is the recommended type simply because of how it distributes the water (in a slower and more direct way).
Incoming search terms:
- clever dripper vs v60
- bodum bistro v60
- v60 vs clever
- v60 dripper vs drip machine
- hario vs clever
- dripper valve coffee
- clever l
- clever dripper image
- Clever Coffee Dripper
- what are different clever and hand drip coffee
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers