Breville Smart Grinder Pro vs. Smart Grinder: Here’s The Difference Between Them…
The Breville Smart Grinder has been featured on our site many times before, being one of the best conical burr grinders out there. We compared it to many grinders in its categories like the Bodum Bistro Electric grinder, Baratza Encore or Capresso Infinity. This time, we will compare the Breville Smart Grinder to its own, upgraded version: The BCG800XL Smart Grinder vs. BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO.
Features of the Breville BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO:
- Stainless steel conical burrs that minimize grinding heat.
- 60 precise grind settings from very fine espresso to the coarse French Press setting.
- Precision Electronic Timer allows you to set and adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments.
- Holder allows you to directly grind into the portafilter.
- 16oz coffee bean hopper (nearly 500g) with airtight locking system.
Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder vs. BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO: What’s The Difference?
Image Title Breville BCG800XL Smart Grinder Breville BCG820BSSXL The Smart Grinder Pro Cofee Bean Grinder, Brushed Stainless Steel Feature 25 Grind Settings for french press, drip, percolator, and espresso coffee.
Backlit LCD Screen clearly shows grind setting, number of cups or shots and customized grind amount.
Auto dosing system calibrates each adjusted dose
Bean Hopper with air tight lid and locking system for easy removal storage and transfer of coffee beans.
Accessories include two portafilter cradles, grind contanier and conical burr cleaning brush
Stainless Steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind
Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and consistent dose every time
16oz coffee bean capacity with locking system for easy removal, storage, and transfer of the bean hopper
Grind directly into porta filter, grinds container, gold tone filter basket or paper filter
Reviews Read Reviews Read Reviews Link More Info More Info
The biggest difference between the two grinders is the grind settings and the electronic timer which the new PRO version features.
- The BCG800XL Smart Grinder allows you to choose from 25 grind settings from fine to coarse.
- The BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO has 60 grind settings, which means it allows you to choose in-between settings from the most precise grind.
- The BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO has a Precision Electronic Timer that allows you to set it in 0.2 seconds increments, giving you the most consistent dose.
Apart from those features, the two grinders have the same beautiful and durable stainless steel construction, same bean hopper capacity and bean catcher.
Who Should Buy the BCG820BSSXL Smart PRO?
If you want total control over your grind, you’ll love the very precise settings the Smart Grinder Professional has to offer over the Smart Grinder. It is only slightly more expensive than the Smart Grinder, and it has many upgraded features that aren’t usually available for that price.
Watch It in Action:
Incoming search terms:
- breville smart grinder vs smart grinder pro
- breville advanced pro grinder vs smart grinder pro
- breville smart grinder pro price
- i smart 800820
- sette 270 vs breville smart grinder
- what is the difference between breville smart grinder and smart grinder pro
Type Of Coffee Gear
- Espresso Machines
- Single-Serve Espresso Machines
- Coffee Grinders
- Coffee Pod Organizers
- Tips and Info
- Coffee Makers
- Pour-Over Coffee Brewers
- Pour-Over Coffee Tools
- Single-Serve Coffee Makers
- French Press Brewers
- Super-Automatic Espresso Machines
- Dual Boiler Espresso Machines
- Electric Milk Frothers
- Electric Water Kettles
- Stovetop Moka Pots
- Vacuum Siphon Coffee Makers